Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Associate
Amiga 1200 was my first computer I bought myself, worked in a pub kitchen for 6 months washing dishes at 13 to save up for it.

Was an Amiga fan for most of the 90's and early 2000's, switched to PC's around 2002 though as the temptation was just so.. tempting.

Still have my A1200 and 68040 accelerator card with 4Mb ram tucked away somewhere, no idea if it still works though.

You might want to check as you probably have a few hundred quids worth of kit sitting there, Apollo 1240 accelerator cards go for between £200 and £300 alone in Amibay, if it's PPC as well then you can more than double that.

Soldato
Loved my Amiga. I started with the Amiga 500 'Batpack'. I quickly upgraded to 1mb of RAM .

The games I invested most of my time in :

1)Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back
2)Eye of the Beholder Series
3)Moonstone
4)Captive
5)Midnight Resistance (randomnly)

I used to spend a lot of time running a version of X-copy (I think it was called) and ripping games from my friends.

Soldato
Wonder how much my brothers a1200 will be worth these days. Had to replace the floppy drive as it didnt work, managed to order a replacement for £10 ish or so off some special site for em iirc. Fitted and then games worked again ok.

I have a big box (pc case size) of boxed games i havent touched since about 1997 ish, i wonder if there ok.

Reckon its worth anything?

Soldato
Moonstone was a beast of a game. I remember getting to the final valley and battling the woman with lightning who was a whirlwind or something and she killed me the first time but the second time i eventually got there i managed to kill her but just after I got a Guru Mediation crash error!! I almost threw my Amiga out the window at that point. Haha, maybe it just wasnt to be completed and the crash was programmed in to the game?!

Man of Honour
I was 4 when I had my first Amiga 500 (or 1200, can't remember!). 10 years later I sold it for a few hundred quid too. So many fantastic memories. Hunter :eek:

Saying that, when I then made the switch to PC (I think I was 11?) and played games like Jedi Knight 2 my mind was blown. Literally spend days and days on the demo level.

Soldato
I had the Nigel Mansell Grand Prix / Trolls pack which also came with a four game bundle of Chaos Engine / Syndicate / Pinball Fantasies / Nick Faldo Golf. Not sure where I got it from. A well known mail order company at the time. Could have been Silica Systems.

Man of Honour
Speaking of the A500+ packs, my brother had the Cartoon Classics.. I can't remembe which one I had, can't seem to find the one I thought it was - it came after the CC pack.

I had the Nigel Mansell Grand Prix / Trolls pack which also came with a four game bundle of Chaos Engine / Syndicate / Pinball Fantasies / Nick Faldo Golf. Not sure where I got it from. A well known mail order company at the time. Could have been Silica Systems.
Remember this? :D

z17c9n9.jpg

Soldato
I remember it being on the wrong side of £400, maybe nearer £500. My mate had an Amiga 500 had he kept telling me not to bother with the 1200. I guessed it was because I could borrow his games, but he wouldn't be able to play all of mine.

Back
Top Bottom