Associate
They probably can't be bothered because they would have to deal with a wayleave

Or it's a more difficult install. My sister's install took 2-3 weeks as they had to try and figure out access for her flat. Might be worth a try to phone up to get around the system.
I'm guessing you two didn't read the entire post as I clearly stated that this is an HMO (AKA a converted HOUSE) and all they'd have to do is run the line from the pole to the house and drill a hole for the line from the ONT to the outside to get through just like openreach did when they set up my full fibre service from BT (which I want to be rid of once my contract is done next year because I don't want to have to deal with paying £70 next year for 1000/100).

Soldato
I'm guessing you two didn't read the entire post as I clearly stated that this is an HMO (AKA a converted HOUSE) and all they'd have to do is run the line from the pole to the house and drill a hole for the line from the ONT to the outside to get through just like openreach did when they set up my full fibre service from BT (which I want to be rid of once my contract is done next year because I don't want to have to deal with paying £70 next year for 1000/100).
I read it, I know what a HMO is. Good luck in getting it sorted :)

Caporegime

Well if you own the building then you should let Community Fibre know that you're the freeholder

Soldato
I joined in January this year, just received my £100 Amazon code voucher from CF, valid for ten years so very happy they honoured the referal discount when I joined :) .

So I received a pretty good deal ie free install, £25 a month for 1GB and £100 Amazon gift card credit, I can't complain :) .

Soldato
I don't see the £25 x 24 price, only £26 x 24, still it's beating any others at the speed/cost.

I got my renewal email today. Need to phone up to discuss my choice as it doesn't seem there's any other way to communicate with them.
No surprises that I'll be staying for another 2 years at the current prices (even with CPI + 2% or so).

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, if anyone is on the 1gbps or below service using the Linksys-provided router, I think there is an openwrt build coming out for it.

I'm not exactly sure which version the provided router is and I think some people might have older versions, but here is the discourse post and github PR about it:

Soldato
Guys do you have same issue of CF taking monthly direct debit payments out late? Mine it seems like a week after they say it will be taken out, with Virgin it was always dead on time within a day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys do you have same issue of CF taking monthly direct debit payments out late? Mine it seems like a week after they say it will be taken out, with Virgin it was always dead on time within a day.
Mine comes out 3 days after the bill email. Never been more than a week out.

Soldato
My Sky boradband is up so looking for a better solution. I can't get BT Full Fibre yet but this is showing as available for my address. So how does it work? What line does it run over? Do I still need a phone line? Finally, do you existing users recomment it?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My Sky boradband is up so looking for a better solution. I can't get BT Full Fibre yet but this is showing as available for my address. So how does it work? What line does it run over? Do I still need a phone line? Finally, do you existing users recomment it?

They have their own line. They will come install it wherever you want in your house.

Yes, I can recommend it. Great price for performance. But keep in mind it does use CGNAT. This won't matter for most people though. Like if you don't know what it is you probably won't be impacted by it.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look at the deals.
Note, that the CF deals (from before, like during Black Friday or other big holiday periods) are now their standard package prices and slightly adjusted up. So unless if there's some big sale period I'm not seeing coming up ahead, you likely won't see much adjustment to the prices asked of you and even then possibly only to pre-current package numbers; so a 1gb 24 month might go back from the current £26 a month back down to £25 a month. Not much of a saving really, basically 23 months to pay for instead of 24, etc. So unless if such a sale is about to happen, probably better to grab whatever is best that suits your use case now.

Of course, because they only recently in the last few months started this new approach, we won't know if they will do anything better and at what times, but historically from what we know of from before, this would likely be your best approach to getting the best deal.

Soldato
Does anyone else have issues with the Garmin Connect app?

It just doesn't connect for me, it just sits there as if it's waiting for something, it doesn't give any sort of error, it just sits. If I switch to mobile data it works, if I use a vpn it works, but on wifi with no vpn, it just sits.

The garmin website works fine, it just the app that doesn't seem to connect through community fibre. I'm on an old package, so no cgnat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Community Fibre often seem to break IPv6 by giving you an allocation but not having it work, try turning it off to see if the app starts working, and then if you care you can see if their support can help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Community Fibre often seem to break IPv6 by giving you an allocation but not having it work, try turning it off to see if the app starts working, and then if you care you can see if their support can help.
This. Had it happen again to me twice a couple of weeks ago. Usually a router restart fixes it, but if that doesn't turning off IPv6 (which you need to do in the web UI for the supplied Linksys router) will work.

Associate
The garmin website works fine, it just the app that doesn't seem to connect through community fibre. I'm on an old package, so no cgnat.
Hmm, I'm on an older package too, but recently I had a look at my routers IP and it no longer has a 1 hop check in tracert, or identical internal and external IPs since a recent change CF made to the local connections. So you might have got changed over without even realising.

Back
Top Bottom