'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane

Caporegime
Depends on how quick the aircraft breaks up.

Lockerbie for instance broke up in seconds.

There are catastrophic failures of the airframe that cause similar breakups such as China Airlines Flight 611. But ofc we have no idea how long the process from "contact lost" to crash actually took in this incident.

Get down of your high horse fella cos it's clearly not meant to be funny, Energize isn't the only one to find Nat Geo's aircrash investigation series enlightening, from a lay persons point of view it is genuinely fascinating to watch how the authorities, be it the NTSB or CAA etc draw their conclusions.

Don't pay too much attention to Magnolia, he constantly trolls the forums only to the post the most transparent attempts at pretending to be empathic/sympathetic, presumably to try and gain some credibility or something, god only knows.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
It's sad that you think that make all the difference

It does, it's not like any of them are going to read it. Or their families. The thing's gone - it's scary and it's tragic. I spent a long time looking into Flight 447 and its causes, and this rings horribly similar, but I'm not going to start taking bites out of other people because they react differently to me.

I suppose if he sent it out as a psychic transmission, then it would be worth getting worked up about.

Funny.

Associate
It does, it's not like any of them are going to read it. Or their families.

Yes because that is really the crux of the matter. Though I'm surprised you think that unlikely.

but I'm not going to start taking bites out of other people because they react differently to me.

Then please be consistent and extent that philosophy to my postings.

Caporegime
Get down of your high horse fella cos it's clearly not meant to be funny, Energize isn't the only one to find Nat Geo's aircrash investigation series enlightening, from a lay persons point of view it is genuinely fascinating to watch how the authorities, be it the NTSB or CAA etc draw their conclusions.

I was talking about the apparent disinterest in the potential loss of 200+ lives. If you thought I was making any comment on a TV program then perhaps I should be more clear with my choice of words.

And Energize - if you think I'm trolling just report me. I'm getting really tired of "troll" becoming synonymous with "different opinion which I don't agree with".

Soldato
I'm with Mag here, that's a pretty sick comment to make. Hundreds of people have potentially lost their lives here and you're wondering how good the documentary will be? I feel sorry for you man, I'd be inclined to throw the 'troll' title at you but I think you're actually serious :(.

Anyway, enough of sado freaks.

There's always a chance things could turn out better, for now fingers crossed.

Soldato
main reason i'll never fly (not that i need to) is that on the regular rare occasions a jet goes down and hundreds die, all passengers should be strapped into ejecter seats. i know that's a stupid opinion, like life boats on ships right...

Associate
main reason i'll never fly (not that i need to) is that on the regular rare occasions a jet goes down and hundreds die, all passengers should be strapped into ejecter seats. i know that's a stupid opinion, like life boats on ships right...

There are tens of 1000s of flights everyday. Very rare to hear of a plane crash nowadays. You sound as though you are more at risk of mortality from your shoe laces. Hope you survive.

Man of Honour

Not quite following you, life boats however save a lot of lives, ejector seats on a passenger jet plane would probably be little more than a slightly quicker death.

Probably statistical more likely to die stepping outside your house than while flying.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato

There are tens of 1000s of flights everyday. Very rare to hear of a plane crash nowadays. You sound as though you are more at risk of mortality from your shoe laces. Hope you survive.

Fear of flying cannot be rationalised. It's a phobia. No matter how many times people tell you it's safe, it makes no difference. Likewise you cannot convince an arachnophonic not to be scared of spiders, they just scare the **** out of people, no matter what.

Caporegime

what i always find hilarious is all thje flotation aids etc on board, only one airliner has ever survived a water landing and that was the Hudson river one.

Back
Top Bottom