• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
Win server is worse than win 10 pro for scaling, To be honest if I was M$ I'd be embarrassed!
Windows is just generally crap for serious performance. My default TV stream transcode that I do using ffmpeg (720p @ 3 Mb/s for my phone) needs all 4 cores at about 80-90% on Windows. On Ubuntu Server it doesn't even max out 2 cores. The Windows machine is an i5-4400 and the Linux one is an R7 1700 (stock), so very close IPC and clock speeds.

If graphics card driver and game developers actually cared enough to optimise for Linux I think Windows would just slowly die in the home market.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
To those expecting low pricing, forget it

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/core-i9-9900k-and-i7-9700k-surface-in-online-shops.html

If pricing is correct is cheaper to buy a 2920X, or on some good deals the 2950X or in some places the 7900X than the new 9900K. Ouch.
While the 9700K is close to the 2920X pricing.....

And if so also, expect the 9900K hit easily £1000 for pre binned chips.

inflated prices , should fall close to 8 core x299

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,399.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)

sure i've got the launch week somewhere , thought it was still Q3 launch but might be paper based.

now, to wait for AMD Z490 chipset :D

Soldato
inflated prices , should fall close to 8 core x299

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,399.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)

sure i've got the launch week somewhere , thought it was still Q3 launch but might be paper based.

now, to wait for AMD Z490 chipset :D

AMD has no Z490, X570 with pci-e 4/5 is the way to go :D

Soldato
OP
AMD has no Z490, X570 with pci-e 4/5 is the way to go :D

it was on thir roadmap released Q3 - red though so subject to change . Its mirrored by Q2 map which it isn't penciled in
remember , i posted i9 9900k naming on here long before new sites did ;) just in different posts and threads and left the i9 part till last

im still more curious in H310C then anything else from intel and amd - cant for the life find out what the C is for haha

** ah wait

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13201/intel-preps-h310-revision-with-win7-coffee-lake-support

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure we should be going on that info regarding price?

CentralPoint is basically selling parts they don’t have for the price that is artificially increased because MSRP will not be known until early September. It’s like with news stories, the sooner you publish your story, the more readership it will get, or in this case, more preorders.

Soldato
I'm not sure we should be going on that info regarding price?
videocardz wrote that on their article..... Isn't ironic given their Nvidia articles without this warning and photoshopped images for weeks now?

Did you forgot it's article about the pricing of the GTX1180/2080 few weeks back, that was "from inside sources" hence guaranteed?

And dropped the ball with the new NV pricing announced last week?

We shouldn't be surprised, and is the reason Intel is making the 8 core an i9.
Is marketing to keep prices inflated and not make their X299 platform obsolete before the X499 is ready.

Caporegime
To those expecting low pricing, forget it

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/core-i9-9900k-and-i7-9700k-surface-in-online-shops.html

If pricing is correct is cheaper to buy a 2920X, or on some good deals the 2950X or in some places the 7900X than the new 9900K. Ouch.
While the 9700K is close to the 2920X pricing.....

And if so also, expect the 9900K hit easily £1000 for pre binned chips.

• Intel Core i7 9700K - EUR 567 = £510
  • Intel Core i9 9900K - EUR 732 = £660
Wow... okay Intel.

Soldato
  • Intel Core i7 9700K - EUR 567 = £510
  • Intel Core i9 9900K - EUR 732 = £660
Wow... okay Intel.

In Netherlands were is posted at €561.10 ex vat is roughly £610 in UK with VAT.
However I doubt the prices will be any less than £600. A price more than double than the 2700X which is right now on offers at £280 (in UK). Already £70 less than the 8700K!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
In Netherlands were is posted at €561.10 ex vat is roughly £610 in UK with VAT.
However I doubt the prices will be any less than £600. A price more than double than the 2700X which is right now on offers at £280.

TBH i'm struggling to believe these prices.

Intel have competition, they are selling less CPU's as a result, i think Intel are a lot like nVidia and Apple in the sense that they at least think their brand commands so much mindshare that they can charge pretty much anything for their products.
They believe that all of those not 'loyal to Intel' have now pretty much gone to the other side and what's left can be convinced to pay more money to stick with Intel and make up for the short fall of sales to those who have left.
Having said that i'm not sure even Intel believe they can charge over £600 for a 6 core Coffeelake refresh, £800 for the 8 core.

I'm really not convinced at these prices, but i wouldn't put it past Intel to try.

Soldato
TBH i'm struggling to believe these prices.

Intel have competition, they are selling less CPU's as a result, i think Intel are a lot like nVidia and Apple in the sense that they at least think their brand commands so much mindshare that they can charge pretty much anything for their products.
They believe that all of those not 'loyal to Intel' have now pretty much gone to the other side and what's left can be convinced to pay more money to stick with Intel and make up for the short fall of sales to those who have left.
Having said that i'm not sure even Intel believe they can charge over £600 for a 6 core Coffeelake refresh, £800 for the 8 core.

I'm really not convinced at these prices, but i wouldn't put it past Intel to try.

Intel charges £600+ for the 9900K, but true I agree with you mate.

Look at the X299 prices right now. Second gen Threadripper is upon us, have you seen some meaningful price cuts?
Same applies to second generation Ryzen in relation to CFL lineup.

And I bet you next year those prices will remain inflated even if Zen2 can clock to 5Ghz and comes with 12 cores. Though Intel will show how stupid it is, and all it's supporters, if AMD comes with the full fat 16 core chip on the mainstream platform and doesn't cut prices. (which it will be used on the EPYC servers).

Both Intel & Nvidia are following the succesful strategy of Apple. Full stop. Inferior products, against good competition, yet a trillion company.

Caporegime
people seem to be so pessimistic about Intel and optimistic about AMD, it's understandable I guess.

Intel don't know what its like to be the Underdog, they have always got their own way even when that way was legally and morally wrong.

The problem for Intel is they are at a stage where they do have it all, so anything AMD gain is at Intel's expense.

Soldato
Intel charges £600+ for the 9900K, but true I agree with you mate.

Look at the X299 prices right now. Second gen Threadripper is upon us, have you seen some meaningful price cuts?
Same applies to second generation Ryzen in relation to CFL lineup.

And I bet you next year those prices will remain inflated even if Zen2 can clock to 5Ghz and comes with 12 cores. Though Intel will show how stupid it is, and all it's supporters, if AMD comes with the full fat 16 core chip on the mainstream platform and doesn't cut prices. (which it will be used on the EPYC servers).

Both Intel & Nvidia are following the succesful strategy of Apple. Full stop. Inferior products, against good competition, yet a trillion company.

But the problem for them is... Apple is a marketing company. Not a tech company. Apple is the greatest marketing company to ever grace the earth. And while Intel and Nvidia have marketing is just not near the same level as Apple. So that tactic won't work.

Back
Top Bottom