• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Good to see we finally get a CPU which is soldered so we don’t need to delid it which we still need to delid.........

Might cancel my order as really was only intended as short term easy solution, will see some reviews later but pretty strong 8700k doesn’t seem worth the effort to lap etc.

True but some seem to think that 4.5 is realistic, we'll see though.
GF 14 and "12nm" was made for ~3ghz products, tsmc 7nm is made for ~5ghz products. Process made for 3ghz AMD was able to make it go well beond 4. 4,5 on 7nm would be unbelieveble nosedive.

Its clear Intels 14nm+++ is at the end of the line here. I dont see 9900K good product and 9700K vs 8700K I would still go to the 8700K. Would nice to see someone try to use 9900K even stock on high end air cooler when 240mm AIO isnt able to keep it under 100 on stock with tech YES city video.

Pftt.. you lot looking forward to 4.5GHz or whatever. I am looking forward to 25w 8c/16t CPU's that run at 3.5GHz, for tiny little super duper 1U passive/semi-passive builds with PCI-E 4.0.

It's not always about the fastest speed, ask the hare, or the tortoise for that matter. :p

Pftt.. you lot looking forward to 4.5GHz or whatever. I am looking forward to 25w 8c/16t CPU's that run at 3.5GHz, for tiny little super duper 1U passive/semi-passive builds with PCI-E 4.0.

It's not always about the fastest speed, ask the hare, or the tortoise for that matter. :p

I am more excited about the 45W~65W TDP myself,since it will help if I wanted reduce the size of my current mini-ITX system.

I am more excited about the 45W~65W TDP myself,since it will help if I wanted reduce the size of my current mini-ITX system.

8/16, 25w with amd 7nm or intel 10nm should be doable or really close.

GF 14 and "12nm" was made for ~3ghz products, tsmc 7nm is made for ~5ghz products. Process made for 3ghz AMD was able to make it go well beond 4. 4,5 on 7nm would be unbelieveble nosedive.

Its clear Intels 14nm+++ is at the end of the line here. I dont see 9900K good product and 9700K vs 8700K I would still go to the 8700K. Would nice to see someone try to use 9900K even stock on high end air cooler when 240mm AIO isnt able to keep it under 100 on stock with tech YES city video.

5K isn't gonna happen. 4.6 is far more realistic.

Tom managed to get the 9900k running at 5GHz on air quite easy. Temps were just over the 70 mark..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkN8X4pdWak

If AMD do get to 4.6 zen2 with 5%-10% ipc over zen+ and then price right, I can't see how many would choose Intel as the very minor gains just wouldn't be worth it even for mostly all gaming. That's unless there's more ram issues.

Then again, what's a few hundred when upper tier gpus are now four figures :D

Tom managed to get the 9900k running at 5GHz on air quite easy. Temps were just over the 70 mark..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkN8X4pdWak

Do you not think that they send binned CPU's to reviewers? They were caught doing it, I think, with the 8700k's where all the chips sent to reviewers hit 5.2GHz when in the real world it was something like 15%(not sure on the numbers so paraphrasing here)

And I think a Zen2 3700k will be 4.6-4.7GHz out of the box, that coupled with the ~13% IPC improvement will put it very close to the top.

Do you not think that they send binned CPU's to reviewers? They were caught doing it, I think, with the 8700k's where all the chips sent to reviewers hit 5.2GHz when in the real world it was something like 15%(not sure on the numbers so paraphrasing here)

And I think a Zen2 3700k will be 4.6-4.7GHz out of the box, that coupled with the ~13% IPC improvement will put it very close to the top.

Ah if thats the case, Im guessing you would be more likely to get a 9900k running at 5ghz or close to 5, then if you bought 1 a few months later.. Yes or no?

Back
Top Bottom