• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
It looks like the 9 series is going to be very popular with us 2/3/4 series owners, and rightly so. The 8700k just didn't do it for me, 6 cores is a step inbetween what I would call a proper upgrade from 4 cores.

Associate
I have an i7 930 ready to be replaced if the price point is good enough ;)

Blimey that CPU has done you well! Hopefully the price of the new chips will be ok but i've got a feeling that they will be more then people are expecting. All of intels chips have seen price increases recently due to lack of supply. It looks like ram prices are still sky high too so this could be an expensive upgrade :(

Associate
Problem is that £304 is for an out of stock item that could either be cancelled or stock may never arrive.

Only buy that makes sense to me tm is a second hand 8700k as cpu's are pretty bullet proof it's a safe purchase.

I did this about 3 weeks ago and it's a good step up from my 4770k
Just had email saying it’s shipped. 30 days to return so hopefully know more about benchmarks and prices by then.
If 9700k nearer £400 then can’t justify the jump. Want to put that cash into a 1080 ti

Soldato
Just had email saying it’s shipped. 30 days to return so hopefully know more about benchmarks and prices by then.
If 9700k nearer £400 then can’t justify the jump. Want to put that cash into a 1080 ti

Nice one, don't think you will be disappointed. Mine feels a good bit faster than my 4770k especially minimum frames in game.

I don't know what you are upgrading from but for me going from a ddr3 based system I think there are just little gains across all areas of the system that add up to a good boost in performance

Associate
Nice one, don't think you will be disappointed. Mine feels a good bit faster than my 4770k especially minimum frames in game.

I don't know what you are upgrading from but for me going from a ddr3 based system I think there are just little gains across all areas of the system that add up to a good boost in performance
i5 4750 3.2ghz, ddr3 16gb, ASUS B85 Pro Gamer and Radeon R9 380 2GB.
Still ok’ish but showing its age. Want to sell it before it gets too old.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

How does tray price compare to RRP?

Add 5% margin then 20% vat, so about 600gbp.

Edit:-

Looking at Kikatex their tray cpu's (essentially unboxed without cooler - intended for oem builds) include vat - so 479gbp looks to be the retail price they've set (rrp is 700gbp on their site).

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
What do you expect when the 8700k is almost a ridiculous £400 now? I said in the other thread that I expected the 9700k to be £450 and the 9900k to be £550-580. Sadly it look's like they are going to come in close to that. They should be cutting prices not raising them with AMD's resurgence.

Soldato
What do you expect when the 8700k is almost a ridiculous £400 now? I said in the other thread that I expected the 9700k to be £450 and the 9900k to be £550-580. Sadly it look's like they are going to come in close to that. They should be cutting prices not raising them with AMD's resurgence.

If they are that price I'll probably end up on zen2. I still don't understand though why people think the fastest product is going to be reasonably priced. Nothing you ever buy works this way. You want the best, it costs. Just look at nvidia with no solid competition currently.

Associate
Add 5% margin then 20% vat, so about 600gbp.

Edit:-

Looking at Kikatex their tray cpu's (essentially unboxed without cooler - intended for oem builds) include vat - so 479gbp looks to be the retail price they've set (rrp is 700gbp on their site).

If we are looking at those prices I'm out. I'll most likely wait until Zen 2 also.

Back
Top Bottom