Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Ok been hard at work all weekend.
Not least because I brought loads of new hardware.
But did a rebuild in the 540 with some different water cooling.

Purchased some Promochill rigid Acrylic tube and fittings.
It is the same inner size as my old tube at 10mm but takes up much less space.
Looks really good. Its a shame I cant get water blocks for the new 780 Lightnings so its a bit overkill watercooling a single CPU via a 240 and a 360 rad. Hopefully blocks will become available so I can add them to the loop. Cards only just fit with my 360 rad.

The tube does make the back much neater and I found a good way of running the pipe behind the DVD cage :)

The stuff is really hard to work with and means draining even to reseat the CPU, but as I don't plan on altering this rig for quite a while that suits me fine.

RT1.jpg

RT2.jpg

RT4.jpg

RT5.jpg

RT6.jpg

RT7.jpg

RT8.jpg

Last edited:
To the people with SLI/crossfire cards with aftermarket coolers i.e twin frozr, windforce etc. How's this case handling temps with your cards ?

Simon - hows the temp? I assume all fans pull on the rads?

CPU temps are excellent of course.
To early to tell on the graphics yet.
The front fans suck in through the 360. The 140 back and top pull out. So there is air flow and I made sure the CPU goes through the 240 first, so most of the heat gets sent out of the top.

I have no issue's with the noise of the air 540. Mine is super quiet. I put filter cloth on the bottom of my case and it's helped a lot. Extremely happy with my 540:D

Well I love the case glad i got one :)....but to be fair you have a rather lovely fan controller :) lol

I think the noise is coming from the air being pulled through the filter , so I'm thinking ( it might sound a bit silly )...if i swapped the fans to the outside under the outer shell at the front and put the dust filter on the inside where the fans were, would that work ?...will the fans push the air through in the same way they pull air through the filter ?

Last edited:
Hey guys im thinking of either getting this case or the InWin GRone and i cant make up my mind. Im still in doubt simply because the InWIn GRone is cheaper by £10 and seems to have more room for future upgrades (thus making it future proof) however i love the look of this corsair case, can someone advice me in terms of any problems they had with it, set up, fans and etc??? I mainly only plan to add an H100. Also ive read somewhere that one of the cables you need to plug into the MB was a bit short?.

This case was easy to build into. Loads of space and looks good with the main parts on show.
Its true, The reset switch, hard drive LED switch etc was a bit tough to insert, as they arent that long. Guess it depends on what board you have. Ive got a Extreme4 z77.

Got mine today, absolutely love it but the inside of the window has dozens of scratches:(

Post on the COrsair forums and submit an RMA. Theyll send you a new window side panel! Its happened to a lot of people.
My HDD trays were broken and they sent 3 new ones and a new SSD mount that is much better

Did a bit of colour work on my 540 build today.

Firstly my Graphics cards which had yellow highlights and are now red.
Next I replaced the PSU's black cables with red.
Finally I painted the silver thumb screws red.

Looking much better now :)

DSC07039.jpg

DSC07049.jpg

Post on the COrsair forums and submit an RMA. Theyll send you a new window side panel! Its happened to a lot of people.
My HDD trays were broken and they sent 3 new ones and a new SSD mount that is much better

Sorted it with a bit of elbow grease and T-cut:)

scratches weren't deep, the left drive cage wasn't slotted in, it must have been knocking against the window in transit.

Back
Top Bottom