Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Permabanned
Hmm, they seem perfectly fine to me - although I have got mine running off a Bitfenix Hydra. They do get loud when it's cranked up admittedly, but otherwise running on low voltage they're fine :)

I'm using a fan controller too and on low the fans were pretty quiet, but could still hear them. The AF140's were so quiet I couldn't even hear them at all. their so quiet at first I thought they weren't on. lol That's how much better the af140's are. Worth every penny I spent on them.

Associate
I like that about the case......Although I would rather have my SSDs on show as one looks into the case rather than the HDDs ....but yeah...i like it :)

Im sure I read that you can fit your SSD in the front. I looked at the trays and there are holes that you screw your SSD down onto. I gave it ago, but the bottom right holder (The thing that clips into the side of your HDD) gets in the way. :confused:

Permabanned
Im sure I read that you can fit your SSD in the front. I looked at the trays and there are holes that you screw your SSD down onto. I gave it ago, but the bottom right holder (The thing that clips into the side of your HDD) gets in the way. :confused:

You can. I have mine in front. I took out the SSD bays in the back. Only have 1 SSD and put that in the hot swap bay.

Retro if you dont mind me asking, what Fan Controller are you using please ?

I use this one
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-000-NX&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=189

I didn't have room for my Recon controller. Using it for DVD drive and NZXT Hue. So I bought this one. It works better then the recon.

Soldato
OK thanx for that Retro :)

This is my setup so far.....it's not as nice looking as some of the setups I've seen on this thread ...but for now it is how it is lol

Obviously I still have some cable work to do , And I still need to get a couple of 140mm Fans

Associate
has any one had any vibration noise issues ?

ive got a h100i at the top, and i have a very annoying noise which stops if i push on the rad a little, have made sure it was screwed in fully.

open to ideas on fixes, maybe some anti vibration washers :S

Soldato
Enjoy it! Its a great case to build into.

Not sure I'd go this far. It's not a bad case though.

has any one had any vibration noise issues ?

ive got a h100i at the top, and i have a very annoying noise which stops if i push on the rad a little, have made sure it was screwed in fully.

open to ideas on fixes, maybe some anti vibration washers :S

My H60 does seem to vibrate at certain fan speeds. Don't think this is specific to this case though.

Back
Top Bottom