Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Soldato
Who is james from stoke as I saw his comment about his h50 full load was amazing 51C for 27 hours !!!!! What the hell !!!!! how he can do that with 4.2 Ghz at 1.31vcore ? There is no way of full load at 51C ?

See his post here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-001-CS&tool=3

I expect he is using a QX6800 or something like that, gives much lower temps or he is talking about the CPU temp (socket sensor, and we are hitting less than that. Mines around 48c-50c underload with a low ambient), or he is full of s***.

HornyRhino (how do I wish I though of that tag!!)

I use MX-2 Paste. It doesnt have any curing time, is slightly better than AS5 and is easy to apply. Its also less forgiving than AS5 if you get it on stuff you shoudnt.

Soldato
I imagine James is probably getting these temp readings from his motherboard software like EasyTune6.. it reports much lower temperatures as it reads from the socket sensor and not the CPU cores like Gaidin has stated above..

Soldato
hey sorry about my previous thread, image got blocked. Here it is again for those interested.

have%20to%20say%2C%20this%20is%20a%20very%20nice%20bit%20of%20kit.jpg

looks%20quality%20out%20the%20box%20too%21.jpg

04092009417.jpg

Soldato
What the the temps and airflow like in that corsair case?, do you have the push/pull exhausting from the case or intaking.?

Having only had the case a day, I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it.
Build quality is excellent. Overall layout and design of the cases is impeccable.
Perhaps the only fault I could point out is the 5inch Drive Bays, the slider which retains the Front bay device is kinda annoying, and perhaps would've been easier if only screws were used.

The case draws a fair bit air from beneath it, and disperses this outwards through to the top. I decided on mine to reverse the direction of the top fans so they are also acting as intakes.

The fans for the H50 are in a Push Pull Configuration, whilst in taking air through the rear.

Last night I left the rig running right through the night, fans turned down to almost silent, not sure of RPM, CPU temp in the morning was 40 degrees. I was extremely impressed, for a cooler so silent to produce that.

Another gripe however is that with the fans turned down to such a level the pump begins to be audible.

Soldato
You can open the block i've seen it in some reviews, they don't use water as coolant though can't remember what it was but it was'nt water and they did'nt mention refilling it and putting it back together.

Soldato
You can open the block i've seen it in some reviews, they don't use water as coolant though can't remember what it was but it was'nt water and they did'nt mention refilling it and putting it back together.

I'm positive I won't be refilling mine, however I would think it should be semi-serviceable.

I guess 60 bucks buys you a good couple years worth, then no doubt the HXX will be out ;)

Soldato

you cant, the two reviewers who opened it stated that it destroyed the sample. It used ethyl glycol afaik, and isnt supposed to evaporate as its completely sealed.

Its got a 2 year warranty anyway, by which time must have us would have moved on to the next BEST COOLER, lol

Back
Top Bottom