Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

+1, agree, definetly need it watercooled :D. and how many hdd's :D

Haha I know, 2 of those are red drives which will be going in a NAS unit very soon.

The other 2 are 1TB Samsung drives, which, since that photo one has died so I will be grabbing myself a 4TB Black drive soon I think, and putting the other 1TB in the NAS too.

So ill just have a SSD and 4TB Black in the machine.

they are impressive temperatures for air cooling :)

you shouldnt, if you spend money one a pc, you gotta see it :D

Yeah I am really pleased with them but remember the NH14 is a fantastic air cooler and will out do nearly all AIO units.

Couldn't agree more, my Shinobi used to be under my desk because it didn't have a side panel the reason I put the 750D on my desk is because it looks amazing and to show it off, not to mention the amount of dust that a case picks up off the floor when on a carpet.

I love the 750D, shame it wasn't out when I built mine. I have the 540 Carbide but it's very loud on load, I feel like putting it under my desk.

I was so close to getting myself a 540 and if it hadn't been for the limitations in 3.5" HDD space I would have gone for it.

But I also did think that the gap was going to be filled between the 900D and 350D so I thought there was going to be a something coming from Corsair and I much prefer the build quality on the Obsidian range, I am so glad I waited and that my assumptions were correct.

If everything goes to plan ill be adding some photo's to this thread soon, Planning on putting 1 120 triple rad and a 120 double rad in cooling 2 780's :) Cant wait because it looks like an amazing case, Should be able to get 4 Ssd's to show off in it aswell :)

Haha just watched this, he sounds ill in comparison with his more recent vids, so quiet!

Fantastic cooler I love it, I just wish the fans were more attractive they are so ugly, but I never know what I would replace them with.

hehe yes :) corsair fans make you swear and shout, fact! :p

i honestly dont mind the color i think im in the minority there tho, to me they are like grownup fans, if there is such a thing as grownup and childish fans, in my mind there is :)

i duno i still think its about time they did some extra colors tho if just for extra sales, i think most people agree they are still making the best fans you can buy, the new pwm ones got great reviews all over the net, only down marks they got was the looks.

hehe yes :) corsair fans make you swear and shout, fact! :p

i honestly dont mind the color i think im in the minority there tho, to me they are like grownup fans, if there is such a thing as grownup and childish fans, in my mind there is :)

i duno i still think its about time they did some extra colors tho if just for extra sales, i think most people agree they are still making the best fans you can buy, the new pwm ones got great reviews all over the net, only down marks they got was the looks.

Couldnt agree more Noctua make fantastic stuff!!

Just wish they wouldnt use Beige and Brown, such a old fashioned set of colours! If they looked like the Corsair AF range they would have so many more sales.

One thing Corsair have completely locked down is their top quality styling!

Haha just watched this, he sounds ill in comparison with his more recent vids, so quiet!

Fantastic cooler I love it, I just wish the fans were more attractive they are so ugly, but I never know what I would replace them with.

I saw him on the tube once he's a midget can only be around 5'4, I didn't say anything as didn't want to inflate his ego and didn't want to look like a complete **** geek as was with my girlfriend.

Last edited:
mLh3GPP.jpg

A few updates, just waiting on some fans to replace the stock H100i ones.

Would like to get rid of the RAM as well as the colour clash is bugging me .

Nice build Too Tall.

Have you considered putting your 3.5" drive in one of the 5.25" slots to allow for even better airflow through the front by removing the drive cage and to free up a fan space in the bottom there?

With something like this you can remove the front plate on it and push it back and put your drive bay cover over the top so you cannot see it from the front.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Silverstone 5.25" to 3.5" & 2.5" Bay Converter - Black (SST-FP55B) £12.98
Total : £16.90 (includes shipping : £3.26).

That is exactly what is on the cards mate. Just waiting for the drive bay converter to arrive.

I'm getting a bit OCD with the colour matching so in the coming months i'm hoping to replace the ram with some Dominator Platinums, upgrade the M4 SSD (128Gb) to a larger one which will hopefully be black or red, move the HDD to the 5 1/4 bay, and possibly replace the two front fans with a back version.

Ideally i'd like to downgrade the PSU as well, its from back when I had SLI 480's that required the juice, maybe I can swap it or sell it and buy something to match the colour scheme.

That is exactly what is on the cards mate. Just waiting for the drive bay converter to arrive.

I'm getting a bit OCD with the colour matching so in the coming months i'm hoping to replace the ram with some Dominator Platinums, upgrade the M4 SSD (128Gb) to a larger one which will hopefully be black or red, move the HDD to the 5 1/4 bay, and possibly replace the two front fans with a back version.

Ideally i'd like to downgrade the PSU as well, its from back when I had SLI 480's that required the juice, maybe I can swap it or sell it and buy something to match the colour scheme.

Yeah nice one you'll be surprised at just how much the temps will drop, expect 3-4 degrees under load.

Yeah me too, if you see my earlier picture I posted I have a red theme going on.

My Noctua NHD14 and motherboard are the only things that stick out like a saw thumb.

Will be getting a Samsung SSD in the future to replace the M4 I have in there at the moment which will be going in my HTPC. Will also be putting my two 3TB Red drives and 1TB F3 along with a 2TB Green drive from my HTPC in a Synology NAS and grabbing one of the new 4TB WD Black drives to use for my Steam account.

Back
Top Bottom