Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Soldato
Anyone had trouble with the power switch? I've tried it everyway possible and can't get the bloody thing to switch on "/

Just thought I'd ask have you checked the connection to the motherboard, are the + and - the right way round?

Have you checked the connection to the button itself it might have been yanked when you were setting everything up?

Soldato
Just thought I'd ask have you checked the connection to the motherboard, are the + and - the right way round?

Have you checked the connection to the button itself it might have been yanked when you were setting everything up?

All working now :) had come loose from the power button :) thanks for replying :)

Associate
This case has just gone to the top of my list for my new build, only just noticed just how good it is, no wasted space. Better cooling options than many bigger cases and looks really good with it.

Associate
OP
The H100i is 30mm thick and the 750D has plenty of room for a H100i with fans in a push pull configuration.

For more information check out TTL's 750D review on YouTube it’s about 40mins long but very thorough and in depth.

thanks :), would you say there will be a significant temperature drop if i were to custom loop the cpu with an Alphacool Xt45 240mm?

Soldato
thanks :), would you say there will be a significant temperature drop if i were to custom loop the cpu with an Alphacool Xt45 240mm?

What CPU do you have? The Ivybridge and Haswell CPU's don’t have the best thermal compound between the chip and the heat spreader so even under water the temperatures don’t drop by that much.

The custom loop in general will have lower temperatures but not enough to warrant the cost and maintenance in my opinion, unless perhaps you were considering including your GPU in the loop also.

If I were serious about water cooling i would be looking at a 360mm at the top and a 240/280mm in the front and having both CPU and GPU in the loop.

Soldato
Looks like a custom loop, noob cannon, I guess it sort of is with those tubes. Am interested because I want a 750D with a custom loop, just not sure where to fit it all in the case.

Associate
OP
What CPU do you have? The Ivybridge and Haswell CPU's don’t have the best thermal compound between the chip and the heat spreader so even under water the temperatures don’t drop by that much.

The custom loop in general will have lower temperatures but not enough to warrant the cost and maintenance in my opinion, unless perhaps you were considering including your GPU in the loop also.

If I were serious about water cooling i would be looking at a 360mm at the top and a 240/280mm in the front and having both CPU and GPU in the loop.

i will be buying the 4670k, will de-liding the cpu be too dangerous and not worth the risk?

Back
Top Bottom