took a better pic for you [still poooh quality just bigger lol]

3770 k @ 4.7
Xfire 7970's @ 1150 / 1650

Xspc 360 + 3 gts in the top
Xspc 240 + 2 gts in the front
2 x ek full cover 7970 blocks + ek bridge
1 x ek supremacy cpu block
D5 + ek top

Loads of space in the 750 for watercooling.

Last edited:
Associate
Overall this is a brilliant case and I think it might have replaced the Coolermaster ATCS 200 as my all time favourite case.

It was easy to work with, especially when you consider that this was my first attempt at watercooling. Anyway, here is my build:

Soldato
What have you got to fit in?

Nothing yet, just gathering information for when I do upgrade next year. I had assumed though for a custom loop a radiator and reservoir being the things to find room for. So, Noob Cannon is using an h100i(Corsair?) as his rad, but I can't see anything I would call the reservoir.

Soldato
Nothing yet, just gathering information for when I do upgrade next year. I had assumed though for a custom loop a radiator and reservoir being the things to find room for. So, Noob Cannon is using an h100i(Corsair?) as his rad, but I can't see anything I would call the reservoir.

No. My wc setup is completly custom. No corsair h anything.

Im using 2 seperate radiators one mounted in the top (360mm) and one in the front (240mm) the reservoir is mounted where the cd drive would go.

Soldato
No. My wc setup is completly custom. No corsair h anything.

Im using 2 seperate radiators one mounted in the top (360mm) and one in the front (240mm) the reservoir is mounted where the cd drive would go.

Ohhh I see, so separate rads for the CPU and GPUs? I thought reservoirs were also quite big. What's the same of yours? I'll look it up if it's sold here.

Soldato
This is my res http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-214-EK
I chose this res because it has a flow indicator built in.

But your still incorrect. I have only one loop but my components require more than one rad to keep cool. Maybe if i explain the way my loop works you will inderstand better :)

Res > pump > 240 rad > gpu 1 + 2 > 360 rad > cpu > and finally back to Res

If you follow the pipes starting at where your cd drive would be (my res) you should get it. Hopefully that clears it up for you

Steve

Soldato
have you had a problems with gigabyte mobos, im buying the Z87-UD3H soon ?

No problems matey mines been great. My only advice to you would be to make sure it does at least x16 + x8 incase you decide to go xfire/sli in the future. Eg the non x version of my mboard only does x16 + x4

Soldato
This is my res http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-214-EK
I chose this res because it has a flow indicator built in.

But your still incorrect. I have only one loop but my components require more than one rad to keep cool. Maybe if i explain the way my loop works you will inderstand better :)

Res > pump > 240 rad > gpu 1 + 2 > 360 rad > cpu > and finally back to Res

If you follow the pipes starting at where your cd drive would be (my res) you should get it. Hopefully that clears it up for you

Steve

Nice, seems like a really convenient res just for slotting into the cd bay.

Associate
OP
No problems matey mines been great. My only advice to you would be to make sure it does at least x16 + x8 incase you decide to go xfire/sli in the future. Eg the non x version of my mboard only does x16 + x4

im not quite sure i will be able to do it anyway :D, i have a 7970 Matrix Platinum

Soldato
i will be buying the 4670k, will de-liding the cpu be too dangerous and not worth the risk?

It is certainly a risk and one im not sure i would make to potentially only get few hundred more MHz.

That being said the vice method (check on Youtube if you havent seen it) seems to be quite simple and effective method, but still a risk on a £180+ CPU.

Associate
OP
It is certainly a risk and one im not sure i would make to potentially only get few hundred more MHz.

That being said the vice method (check on Youtube if you havent seen it) seems to be quite simple and effective method, but still a risk on a £180+ CPU.

i have seen this method but for a couple of hundred more MHZ, i certainly dont think its worth it, why dont Intel use good quality TIM anyways, not that its going to cost a lot more.

I think it'd fit, just. So your card might be a bit toasty if using the top and middle lane :)

i certainly wont do that unless i wc them, i think the top one will just burn :D. by the way, do they have blocks for my gpu ?

Associate
Just ordered one of these in my new PC build. Bit of advice if anyone wouldnt mind :)

Will I need to buy better (and more and also quieter) fans to keep the following overclocked bundle cool:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-180-OE

Went for the Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom, 16gb ram and the Gigabyte board. Also got 2 780ti's coming and will have a couple SSDs and a couple WD 3tb drives in there.

Looking at the suggestions elsewhere in the thread I may look to get the drive bay converters and move the WDs up to the top to allow for more airflow.

Never watercooled before as it scares me hence air cooling....

Thanks,
Ash

Associate
OP
2x 780ti's :O, that is some gpu POWER ! :D, as long as you have positive pressure, you'll be fine, the fans which come with the case are good fans. I can't wait to see this finished :)

Back
Top Bottom