Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Soldato
Finally got mine built, just need to tidy the cables a little.

obub.jpg

You need to paint your fan rings too, like this to match your cabling/cards

Rgso90x.jpg

:D

Soldato
The autopsy is complete and I have transferred my system into my 750D at last :D

A95pklO.jpg

I cable managed as much as I can, my GPU cables not being long enough, and I have pulled the cables tight since the picture. When I upgrade next which might be this year I'll double my effort to tidy more.

Had some problems on the project too, I only had 1 Mobo mount insert and it wasn't even packaged, just loose in the box so I'll get on to Corsair to give me some more. Also my mobo sits to high in this case and I can't use my back panel template, but that may be a problem from not using Corsair mounts.

And lastly I configured my front panel headers wrong, thought I broke something when I came to fire up hehe, or maybe the case had a duff power button.

Soldato
Esoteric, the case has built in motherboard risers. You don't use anything else...

If you remove what you have done itll sit exactly right.

The single riser supplied is to replace the riser guide which is sited within the case if required.

Soldato
Esoteric, the case has built in motherboard risers. You don't use anything else...

If you remove what you have done itll sit exactly right.

The single riser supplied is to replace the riser guide which is sited within the case if required.

Aye, I found that out when I got to the Corsair forum. No matter though, it's doing no harm having the risers I put in and not having the template on. And I really cba to undo everything to just get the risers out.

Permabanned
I remember when I installed my new Antec Kuhler 920 and didn't know what that plastic ring was for, so I installed without it just like you did with the older models until I learned what the ring was for, it played on my mind for days upto the point I was struggling to sleep at night thinking about it, how satisfying it was when I ripped it out and installed the ring.
We strive for perfection here, get those damned risers out, put your sexy IO plate in and sleep tight. :D;)

Just like those damned white fan rings in my green themed case is now becoming unbearable. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope to upgrade this year, it depends on Intel. So unless I have to go through my case for any other reason the risers will stay until then :)

Associate
I'm hoping to get this case soon. Love the look of it. Very stylish case. Once I have mine I will definitely be doing some modding to It I like the clean front but would like to fit a fan controller and possibly optical drive so will stealthly mount them with the front replaced in carbon fibre. We have sheets of it at work so won't take 2 secs to knock something out.

All your builds in this thread have given me plenty of ideas with themes to go with inside the case. :)

Associate
OP
The autopsy is complete and I have transferred my system into my 750D at last :D

A95pklO.jpg

I cable managed as much as I can, my GPU cables not being long enough, and I have pulled the cables tight since the picture. When I upgrade next which might be this year I'll double my effort to tidy more.

Had some problems on the project too, I only had 1 Mobo mount insert and it wasn't even packaged, just loose in the box so I'll get on to Corsair to give me some more. Also my mobo sits to high in this case and I can't use my back panel template, but that may be a problem from not using Corsair mounts.

And lastly I configured my front panel headers wrong, thought I broke something when I came to fire up hehe, or maybe the case had a duff power button.

dat cable management tho :D

Associate
jonnyshocker - Please could you post some pics of how you attached the NZXT LED strip to the inside of the case? I tried to stick mine down with lots of electrical tape in between the LED lights (as the backing strip on it's own was not sufficient), but it has still come loose. I think I might be bending the lighting strip around the window corners in the wrong way.

Soldato
dat cable management tho :D

I cable managed everything but the GPU cables because they aren't long enough to, picture was also taken once everything was in and before I pulled everything tight :)

Hey.
Will this case fit a GTX 780TI Classified?
It's 5.94" wide, so concerned about buying a case not wide enough to accomodate it.
Thank you.

You can fit a 780Ti easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom