Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

FuF

FuF

Associate
Mine mostly finished for the time being. Will have to look into getting a SLI ready mobo and maybe second 770 if it starts to struggle in the next few months. Not as clean as other builds but just shows how easy it is to work with 750D. Even with my crap cable management skills most of them are hidden in the back :)

Soldato
Just finished my Corsair 750D build, so since this thread is lacking in posts ill show of a picture, might post another later...

grdfg750dr.png

I think ill top up the res in a bit, looking a bit low! heh

Last edited:
Associate
The front panel on this case is very air restrictive, i put my fans on full speed and held my hands over them inside the case, then removed the front cover and noticed a massive difference.

Maybe there should have been a mesh style front panel for this case.

Anyway another picture of mine, new cpu cooler fitted plus some vengeance Ram.

Need to sort the Hdd's a new home.

AN8FVX2.jpg

FuF

FuF

Associate
The front panel on this case is very air restrictive, i put my fans on full speed and held my hands over them inside the case, then removed the front cover and noticed a massive difference

True it is a bit restrictive, but you can always unclip the top of the front panel and let it rest on the bottom thus allowing a lot more air intake. Works for me when I'm testing the system or gaming for long periods of time.

Nice build by the way ;)

FuF

FuF

Associate
Aye, it is a great case. Don't have many enthusiast cases to compare with but comparing with any of the cheaper cases I had in the past this one wins hands down by a big margin :)

Associate
Has anyone removed the tool-less mechanism from any of the 5.25" drive bays? If so please can you let me know how?

I have fitted a Lamptron fan controller but because it is fairly short it doesn't lock in place using the plastic mechanism which seems to be designed only for optical drives.

Associate
Has anyone removed the tool-less mechanism from any of the 5.25" drive bays? If so please can you let me know how?

I have fitted a Lamptron fan controller but because it is fairly short it doesn't lock in place using the plastic mechanism which seems to be designed only for optical drives.

AKsbvan.jpg

press down either side of the centre pin and pull out from the top. Pretty easy once it's done :)

Soldato
Sent corsair an email Saturday about my side panel being squeaky, a brand new replacement turned up today at 9am, not even 48 hours after i emailed them, from Holland!

Damn impressive from Corsair!

Soldato
I have one of these on the way.

Haven't ordered my 360 rad yet because I'm not sure about clearance. I'm really hoping I can get a 60 in there, but I have a sabertooth z77 and the thermal armour / 8 pin are right on the very top edge of the board.

Soldato
I have 360mm radiator with 6 fans in push pull.

There's around 85/88mm in clearance to the top of the motherboard. I only just get the CPU connector in. But it does go...

If you need pictures I'll see what I can do to help

Associate
Corsair dispatched a new front unit plastic assembly off the back of a ticket I raised. Unfortunately it seems they didn't read or understand the ticket or photos I attached as I had a bent plastic/metal clip-on panel (the one that covers the front fan intakes), but they've sent me the plastic frame assembly which isn't going to fix the problem.

I've now fitted a fan controller to the bottom 5.25" bay so the bent panel is less noticeable but it's still a bit disappointing.

Permabanned
Ahhh that's a pain, my board has PWM fan points all over it which I can set the fan speed based on component temperatures and they automatically adjust, great feature.

If you are like me and love the minimalistic approach have you considered a USB external DVD/RW drive?

For the tiny number of times I actually use optical media it makes so much more sense, it also avoids any unnecessary cabling/power draw in the case they are also really cheap too.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Samsung SE-218CN/RSBS Ultra Slim External DVD-RW Drive - Black (Retail) £31.99
1 x LG GP50NB40 8x Slim External DVD-RW Retail Kit (Black) £26.99
1 x Samsung SE-S208DB/TSBS External Slimline 8x DVD-RW (TV Connect) - Black £21.98
Total : £80.96 (includes shipping : FREE).

I got one of those Samsung SE-218 drives, there was just no way I was going to butcher the front of my case for an optical and that Sammy has a brushed aluminium finish matching the front of the 750D, it's like it was made for it, Luvly Jubbly. Everyone to their own though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom