Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Permabanned
Has the price of this case gone up? I'm sure it was around £125-135, now the cheapest I can see is £147.

Yep, I noticed it's just had a price increase, got mine for £112.49 - vat in November. It's such a popular case and tbh I was surprised how little it cost at the time. £149.99 including is still a good price for such a lovely case.

FuF

FuF

Associate
Booohoo :`( By trying to fit a controller somehow managed to break or loosen one of the clips that support the front panel :( Now it looks like one of the corners of the panel is stuck out a bit. I guess had to be more careful with tiny plastic parts :/

Soldato
My wife has got me this for Xmas :) it arrived yesterday but I'm not allowed to open it yet.

Similar for me. I overheard family talking of getting the case for me for XMAS. Even if they don't I'm buying it for myself anyway and today I ordered an Asus Xonar DGX for my bro and threw an 8 and 24 pin extension cables in.

Associate
Has anyone had any issues with the front panel mic or front panel usb3.0 ports?

My front panel mic doesn't work at all (it works fine when connected to the motherboard mic jack panel), the HD_Audio cable is seated correctly, and the front panel headphone jack works fine.

Also I'm getting issues with the usb3.0 ports when using a usb3.0 device with lots of dropouts, format disk popups, and disk paging operation in errors in windows logs.
I know the disk is perfectly healthy.

To make things extra strange these issues are on 2 identical pc's that I've just ordered and built from OcUK.

N.B The motherboards are Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87.

Soldato
Just finished my Corsair 750D build, so since this thread is lacking in posts ill show of a picture, might post another later...

750dr.png

I think ill top up the res in a bit, looking a bit low! heh

Is that mayhems pastel red? More pictures please.
Looks awesome

Soldato
how are the stock case fans on the 750D?

thinking about buying one to use with a h100i push pull and was looking at the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans, are these the fans of choice?

would you use the SP120 Quiets for the case too? or the AF120?

Soldato

thinking about buying one to use with a h100i push pull and was looking at the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans, are these the fans of choice?

The only AF140 fans I can find on OcUK and Corsair's webby is the AF140 Quiet Edition 1200 RPM High Airflow, though Corsair's webby also has the LED less version. So assuming the fans are the same as pre-installed in the case then they are pretty poor, giving the performance of a 120mm fan.

I looked through OcUK's entire catalog of 140mm fans and few excelled above all else. One example is the Aerocool Shark, great performance and £8 per fan. And another at the premium end is Prolimatech Aluminium Vortex Silver Wings at £22 per fan.

I suppose it also depends if you have water cooling in your case. Doesn't make sense to me to have everything water cooled and then buying 90+ CFM fans, in which case the stock Corsair fans would suffice.

Associate

I am in the same situation as yourself, I have the 750d being delivered soon with the H100i. I researched for weeks and came to the conclusion of buying 4 x SP120 QE's for a push/pull setup on the H100i, with that being an exhaust, and also ordered 3 x AF140 QE's to replace the stock fans within the case. This should 'hopefully' keep noise levels down while also producing a good amount of airflow throughout the 750d. Let me know what you decide to do, would be intriguing to see alternative methods!!

Soldato
Hi all,

Anybody know if you can remove the front of the case or not - looks to be riveted on.The clips have broken already for holding on the bottom front facia - where the fans are behind. Need to see if I can somehow repair it.

Soldato
I am in the same situation as yourself, I have the 750d being delivered soon with the H100i. I researched for weeks and came to the conclusion of buying 4 x SP120 QE's for a push/pull setup on the H100i, with that being an exhaust, and also ordered 3 x AF140 QE's to replace the stock fans within the case. This should 'hopefully' keep noise levels down while also producing a good amount of airflow throughout the 750d. Let me know what you decide to do, would be intriguing to see alternative methods!!

There are fans with about 30% more CFM, lower RPM and lower dB. Literally everything OcUK have on the site in the 140mm section that isn't made by Corsair and Noctua is a much much better fan. There was 1 more brand too but I have forgotten the name.

Soldato
There are fans with about 30% more CFM, lower RPM and lower dB. Literally everything OcUK have on the site in the 140mm section that isn't made by Corsair and Noctua is a much much better fan. There was 1 more brand too but I have forgotten the name.

Manufacturers are known to exaggerate their specs. And their fan specs are measured differently too. You also cant tell by reading the specs if the fan has noticeable motor noise and how the fan responds when the voltage is dropped. Therefore unless you actually tested the non-Noctua and Corsair 140mm fans I don't understand how you can everything else OCUK sell is a "much much better fan".

3 fans I have experience with : Corsair AF140 QE is rated at 24dB and 67.8CFM. The Bitfenix Spetre Pro is 86.73CFM and 22.8db. The Phanteks PH-F140TS is rated at 19dB and 78.1CFM. Using these as intakes in my case the Bitfenix sounds much better on paper airflow wise but when I tested it, it was the noisiest by far at 12v, had an annoying motor noise and the other 2 fans cooled better and were quieter while doing it. The Phanteks was about on par with the Corsair noise wise despite being rated at 19dB and the Corsair rated at 24dB. However the Phanteks had no ticking at 12V unlike the Corsair and cooled about the same.

Soldato
Getting closer to the day(Saturday) that I start swapping into my new 750D, so I've been checking up on my hardware and thinking about how to easily transfer it all, and 1 thing I have realized is my H40 is 120mm, which I can still fit into the case but I really wanted to use the 140mm fan :|

Back
Top Bottom