Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Am I still right in thinking I have to connect my K70 RGB via two USB 2.0 inputs or....can I use one USB 3.O connection ?

For USB 3.0 - Use one connector (keyboard icon) when connecting to a 3.0 port

For USB 2.0 - Use both connectors. Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first and then the connector with the keyboard icon second.

Associate
Why are OCUK and other retailers still advertising this keyboard with such claims as........

"Display controller driven fast and fluid 16.8M multicolor animation" ?

Soldato
It was fun for a few hours until the novelty wore off and in the end it was more of a distracton in the bottom of my eyes.

Ultimately though I just missed the LCD on my G15.

Last edited:
Associate
Are these really worth £150 just to have multicolored backlight?

It's a nice piece of hardware and i don't regret the purchase but i think yes and no is the best answer :D.

Yes: You can set different profiles to run with different games i.e. for Tomb Raider i have one set up where the main controls are in red and others (weapon selection and interaction etc) are orange and unused keys are unlit, but for Blood Dragon the whole keyboard lights up in neon pink/blue/purple.

No: If the above stuff doesn't interest you then no it probably isn't

And like one guy said the whole flashing rippling thing is a good showpiece but really not much use while doing any gaming as it gets annoying after a while. TBH i really only bought it because of the ability to change the colours (if you buy a nice k/b that is only 1 colour (lets say it cost ~£100) to match your case lighting but you get bored of the colour and want to change you're either stuck with it or lose some money selling it to get a different one).

Those are just my personal thoughts/ramblings ofc and others will think differently.

Last edited:
Associate
No, and their customer service is abysmal.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'd like to know what happened, so I can address it and prevent it from ever happening again.

I heard it's because they are not being manufactured anymore so their isn't any stock going out to retailers.

Might just have to look at a totally different keyboard

Its the MX Blue switches that has been discontinued. MX Reds and Browns are still being manufactured for all RGB Keyboards.

Associate
I do have a RGB Keyboard K95 and I regret buying it. The problems it as with steam is beyond a joke at times it will just freeze the lighting effects.

Unfortunately I am unable to return it. I wish I got the Vengeance like i was going to but the pretty lights lured me like a moth to the flame.

Soldato
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'd like to know what happened, so I can address it and prevent it from ever happening again.

Its the MX Blue switches that has been discontinued. MX Reds and Browns are still being manufactured for all RGB Keyboards.

I was talking about the standard K70.

Soldato
I do have a RGB Keyboard K95 and I regret buying it. The problems it as with steam is beyond a joke at times it will just freeze the lighting effects.

Unfortunately I am unable to return it. I wish I got the Vengeance like i was going to but the pretty lights lured me like a moth to the flame.

That's not what I want to hear as I'm really keen on the RGB K70. I'd rather have the Vengeance, but can't find them!

Associate
That's not what I want to hear as I'm really keen on the RGB K70. I'd rather have the Vengeance, but can't find them!

It might just I am one of the unfortunate ones Snips...

But when I got it around November the firmware was so messed up and the Cue software was pretty bad.

Sure the updates to the firmware and Cue Software help but they do not solve the issues of freezing in steam, there is no way they did not see this in testing.

If a game locks up (my experience) it will freeze the profile. And I have tried a lot of profiles and lighting effects.

I am sure lots of people will and can say nothing like this happens to them... (Lucky *******s :p)

Back
Top Bottom