Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
I'm unsure what to go for. I have about £120 to spend on a mechanical keyboard. I was looking at the normal K70 but heard about LED's not working.

Don't know if I want to spend £140 on this keyboard as backlight really isn't important to me, I just want a decent keyboard.

Associate
It might just I am one of the unfortunate ones Snips...

But when I got it around November the firmware was so messed up and the Cue software was pretty bad.

Sure the updates to the firmware and Cue Software help but they do not solve the issues of freezing in steam, there is no way they did not see this in testing.

If a game locks up (my experience) it will freeze the profile. And I have tried a lot of profiles and lighting effects.

I am sure lots of people will and can say nothing like this happens to them... (Lucky *******s :p)

I am one of said lucky ********'s :)

I have never had a problem with Steam at all, and I play games on Steam every day.

Yes, the colour animation issue is still there. I haven't read much about it recently. Does anyone know if Corsair are still claiming they will be able to deliver smooth colour transitions?

I received my K70 RGB (Sails Logo, Cherry Red) on the 18th December. By that point, the firmware that fixed certain keys not lighting up had been released.

The only issue I have atm is a software issue and not a firmware issue... The media controls only seem to work with Spotify, and nothing else, no matter what I tell the software.

For me personally, I loved the design of the original K70. Once I read about LED's failing on them though, there was no way I was going to get one. For me, an RGB K70 was a must.

I'm not particularly interested in lighting effects (except just to show off to friends), but it is nice to light my keys blue one day, or green the next if I so fancy. Also, it's nice to light certain keys in one colour, and others in another, particularly for gaming.

Mine was £139.99 when I bought it. I see the price has been put up by £10 now.

The build quality is brilliant; I can't fault it. I like using a wrist wrest too, so I was really pleased to see Corsair bundle in a detachable wrist wrest.

Is it worth the money? It's worth what you're prepared to pay, assuming you can get your hands on one :o

Associate
Dont get me wrong the quality is good. The lighting effects are a gimmick nothing more.

I do like the mech keyboards and I will never own a standard keyboard again. I just regret the K95 I should have got the 70.

Associate
Well if any of you have any issues with the keyboard i would recommend holding onto it for now and not RMA'ing it. Sent mine in last week due to discolouration in a few leds and today i receive an email telling me i wont get a replacement until May.......

Cracking production line you have their Corsair.

Associate
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'd like to know what happened, so I can address it and prevent it from ever happening again.

I don't know how I missed this...

I put a ticket in for a simple answer and I do mean SIMPLE... over a week later no reply. In the end I phoned CS on the US Toll Free number but I am adamant I should not have to... I would hate to ask something more complex.

Associate
Well if any of you have any issues with the keyboard i would recommend holding onto it for now and not RMA'ing it. Sent mine in last week due to discolouration in a few leds and today i receive an email telling me i wont get a replacement until May.......

Thats what I have wrong with mine :( But I removed the logo as I was getting a "Sails" Logo so I doubt I can send it back.

Associate
The only issue I have atm is a software issue and not a firmware issue... The media controls only seem to work with Spotify, and nothing else, no matter what I tell the software.

This is interesting. Does it work with Media player? You are using the latest version of CUE right?

The version of CUE I was using was v1.2.77

I had to find that out by going to the directory I'd downloaded the CUE software to when I first got the keyboard. As far as I could see, that version number didn't appear anywhere in the software UI. I just assumed it would inform me if there was a new version available - just as it did with the firmware.

Anyway, I just downloaded v1.3.91 and installed it over the top of my existing version. It kept my profiles which was nice. This new version does tell me what version it is, and has a button to check for updates.

As well as still controlling Spotify (which doesn't appear in the list of media players in CUE), this new version does now control Media Player as well.

It still doesn't control Winamp, which incidentally is top of the list of media players in CUE, and ticked. I've tried the 'Get Player by Window' option as well which adds another version of Winamp to the player list, but it still will not control that.

Associate
I have the latest software and firmware and still the lighting effects crash daily sometimes multiple times during the day.

I have updated my motherboard to the latest drivers available for USB and everything. Still I get the crashes.

Associate

Quick update, now i am being told my replacement is being sent out today!

Associate
I don't know how I missed this...

I put a ticket in for a simple answer and I do mean SIMPLE... over a week later no reply. In the end I phoned CS on the US Toll Free number but I am adamant I should not have to... I would hate to ask something more complex.

I'll take note of this, and I apologize that this has happen to youi.

I'll ping our customer service and make sure they need to be particular when it comes to processing their ticket inquires, entertaining tickets needs to be done in a timely manner. I'll advise to be more mindful on inquiry time stamps, so older tickets gets answered first before newer ones.

It still doesn't control Winamp, which incidentally is top of the list of media players in CUE, and ticked. I've tried the 'Get Player by Window' option as well which adds another version of Winamp to the player list, but it still will not control that.

I'll have to look into this, maybe try it myself and see if I can replicate it.

Quick update, now i am being told my replacement is being sent out today!

That's good news. In some cases, replacement ETAs tends to change very quick on products that are on high demand. Product region allocation plays a big role also when those ETAs are generated in the system.

Associate
I have the latest software and firmware and still the lighting effects crash daily sometimes multiple times during the day.

I have updated my motherboard to the latest drivers available for USB and everything. Still I get the crashes.

This should've been addressed already with the latest version. I'll pass info along to our validation team and see if they are experiencing similar behavior in their system.

What MB are you using? and what OS?

Last edited:
Associate
This should've been addressed already with the version. I'll pass info along to our validation team and see if they are experiencing similar behavior in their system.

What MB are you using? and what OS?

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Montherboard : P8Z77-V PRO (Latest Bios and Drivers)
Memory : 16.00 GB RAM (15.94 GB usable)
Current resolution : 1920 × 1080, 60 Hz; 1920 × 1080, 120 Hz
Operating system : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

I have updated all I can

I have a query in CS to see if I can return it as I have other issues with it.

Associate
I have the K70 RGB brown switches, which has been great so far.

The only problem I have is the light leakage below the keys sometimes makes it difficult to read the keys, I'm no touch typist! Depends on the colour and my ambient light but otherwise its great. I particularly like the wrist rest.

Back
Top Bottom