Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
It still doesn't control Winamp, which incidentally is top of the list of media players in CUE, and ticked. I've tried the 'Get Player by Window' option as well which adds another version of Winamp to the player list, but it still will not control that.

Sorry I forgot to ask you earlier, but do you mind providing your system spec as well? Thanks

Associate
Hopefully you guys don't mind me asking for some help regarding my K70 RGB in this thread, not sure if this is it's intended purpose.

I have an issue with my media keys currently. I had them working flawlessly then I did a system restore and cannot get them working again.

They function fine when the player (vlc) is in focus, however once in the background they do not control the player - previously I managed to make it do so.

I recall right clicking on the key, assigning a new action then adding an action under the media control section, ie play/pause, stop etc. I try to do this now and it will not even control the player even when focused, with vlc control enabled in CUE and human interfaced enabled.

Anyone have any ideas?

The media keys also are not detected in CUE when macro recording for example and I am unable to get VLC to detect these keys within the hot key menu inside the player.

I've even tried stopping the Human Interface the media keys still have limited functionality where before (when it was working) I know they did not work at all. Why would they still be active if this service is disabled?

Thanks guys, hopefully you don't mind me asking.

POSSIBLY FIXED

OK after hours of playing around with it I of course seem to resolve it within 5 minutes of posting. My Media controls now work in the background, I'm not 100% sure how I fixed it but I'll leave some details for those searching in the future:

Human Interface Device : Enabled
VLC control in CUE : Enabled media control
Selected VLC in CUE by Get Player by Window (should show as VLC(1)) : Enabled media control

Right click on media key on CUE, assign new action, click on media control on the side, add the desired action and save (do this for all of them).

That seemed to fix it for me, good luck and I will not be doing a system restore again in a hurry

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry I forgot to ask you earlier, but do you mind providing your system spec as well? Thanks

My system is practically prehistoric compared to most on here but here you go...

Motherboard: Asus P5K Premium
CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.4 Ghz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 660
Memory: 8GB RAM
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Associate
My system is practically prehistoric compared to most on here but here you go...

Motherboard: Asus P5K Premium
CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.4 Ghz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 660
Memory: 8GB RAM
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks. This is actually good, that way we can test if this issue is system specific or occurs on multiple platforms. If I need more details, I'll send you a PM. btw, this is K70 right?

Just got my k65 but the software keeps crashing after 10 mins, it says when i go on Corsair engine CGKB 65 Device malfunction.

Any fix?

Do you have the RGB version or non-RGB?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
what would be really great is if my hundreds of backorders got shipped so we had some for sale...

Soldato
Yeah I walked into my local shop and they just happened to randomly have one in stock and it just so happened to be a cherry mx brown (They didn't have any a week or two ago). I just took it there and then. I've been waiting for months for stock and I couldn't wait any longer.

The lack of supply seems artificial to me. How hard is it to source multicolour leds? That's the only part I can imagine cherry mx having any difficulty with.

Reason I asked about the firmware was because people were mentioning issues with 1.15 on your forums. This made me a bit apprehensive about installing it.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Decided to order a K70 RGB Cherry MX Red from a competitor (sorry OCUK, but no stock :().

I hope I don't live to regret this purchase! It'll be my first mechanical keyboard. Expensive if I don't like it :(

Associate
Decided to order a K70 RGB Cherry MX Red from a competitor (sorry OCUK, but no stock :().

I hope I don't live to regret this purchase! It'll be my first mechanical keyboard. Expensive if I don't like it :(

As an 'average game' myself (the only twitching I do is from lack of alcohol) it did take me a couple of weeks to get truly comfortable moving from a saitek eclipse I have had for nearly a decade.

But now I have got used to it I love it. The build quality is outstanding, this thing should seriously last me for another decade now. I love the mx reds too, feel really natural to type on. I do seem to bottom keys out when gaming, prob still due to years on membrane kb. If I keep doing it, I may get some of them ring-things...

I have only played with basic lighting functions - couple of profiles with static lighting but main key controls highlighted in a dif colour and it works fine for me. As the FW gets improved I'm sure I will get more adventurous with my profiles. Good luck and enjoy!

Associate
I just ticked the "Enable default multimedia keyboard support" box in Winamp options, and it now responds to the K70 multimedia keys :cool:

Tidy, thanks Greybeard :)

No problem at all :) I'm glad that we were able to figure it out

But now I have got used to it I love it. The build quality is outstanding, this thing should seriously last me for another decade now. I love the mx reds too, feel really natural to type on. I do seem to bottom keys out when gaming, prob still due to years on membrane kb. If I keep doing it, I may get some of them ring-things...

I have only played with basic lighting functions - couple of profiles with static lighting but main key controls highlighted in a dif colour and it works fine for me. As the FW gets improved I'm sure I will get more adventurous with my profiles. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Sounds like you are having so much fun with it. It's good to see that you are very impressed with the build quality and how it feels when you are gaming. By far, I think the KB's build quality is undeniably the most common praise we get from our customers. Personally, I think it's that robustness first impression that you get as soon that you hold/feel the KB is one of the reasons why many say that its above its competition.

And yeah, once you started getting creative with the lighting profile, the possibilities are endless. Have fun :D

Associate
No worries Greybeard, credit where it's due. I know you taken some flack over the CUE lighting software and I guess if I had brought the kb for that reason, I'd be annoyed too.

But as a kb with backlighting that you can change the colour of, the thing is bullet-proof and a work of art. Even the weight of the thing, it must be 3-4 times heavier than my old eclipse. The black, brushed alu finish is gorgeous. All my humble opinion of course...

Back
Top Bottom