Corsair RBG Owners Club

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Hmm, might wait until all the bugs have been ironed out before I buy this. There seems to be reports on the Corsair forums of some LEDs breaking, which is slightly worrying.

Last edited:
Associate
This is strange, ive just tried downloading CUE using Chrome and it worked first time, IE11 just didn't want to know.

So to my next question.. when CUE is disabled, the WASD and arrow keys are solid white, but as soon as Cue is enabled, those keys start to change to red and then back to white over and over again, how do I stop this??

Also, if I use USB 3.0 do I only need to plug in 1 of the connectors, or do I still need to use both?

You probably have your "Default" profile set as your default in which will take effect as soon that you launch CUE. You can delete both the Arrow and WASD groups and create a new lighting effect for them. OR you can simply create a totally new profile then set that as your default so when you launch CUE it will execute that profile right away.

If you have the KB connected to a USB3.0 - Use one connector (the one with the keyboard icon)

Soldato
Gutted, having really weird problems with it. Can't seem to access my bios at all with it, despite changing modes on the back.

And often booting into windows the keyboard refuses to work until I hit enter for some reason.

Anyone else have this?

Associate
Well I never changed the rear switch once until yesterday, I moved it from all the way to the left to all the way to the right -1 and it has started working flawlessly. No dead LEDs, lighting customisations, programmed keys, windows lock key, and light switch working as they should. :)

Associate
Received mine yesterday - a few issues, some probably not keyboard related..

Can only use it for bios setup if I have the keyboard connector in a USB 2 port. I'm sure it worked once when in USB 3, but can't replicate that.

When in bios, it cycled through brightness levels when I press a key. Think I've managed to sort that now though saving a fresh profile to the keyboard.

When PC shut down, keyboard is still on (inc lights). Think that may be an implementation of "USB charging" function on my gigabyte board, but I can't seem to turn it off. Quick work around was to save a profile of no lights to the keyboard. Had same issue occasionally with my MK85, which is partly why I bought this one as a replacement... :confused:

Setting up different profiles within the software and they show up in the main screen, but not on the context menu, and after a reboot don't seem to actually activate on the keyboard even when using the main software screens. App shows correct colours too...

Probably a lot of teething issues here - manually simply shows the options I've already figured out, but just don't seem to be "kicking in" when expected. Already updated to latest firmware and software too.

Will "mess around" some more tonight to see what I can figure out. Keyboard functionality is great though - this is me mainly having issues with the "cosmetic" side. :D

Associate
Glad it's not just me. Can't even access the bios at all with mine.

Well, had the same issue with the QPAD MK85 after I updated to latest motherboard bios. Previously had to have it in USB 2 port on rear to work in bios.

At least the RBG70 works ok when using the same port. On reflection when I said it worked when on USB 3, I may have had the keyboard connector in USB2 port and additional one in a USB 3 port. Now both in USB 2 for bios support.

Not touched the switch on the back either - still in fastest polling mode.

Associate
Gutted, having really weird problems with it. Can't seem to access my bios at all with it, despite changing modes on the back.

And often booting into windows the keyboard refuses to work until I hit enter for some reason.

Anyone else have this?

Try to enable ErP Ready in your BIOS using a different KB then connect the RGB KB again and see if that fixes it. Just make sure you have the switch on the back in BIOS mode.

btw, what is the make and model of your board?

Received mine yesterday - a few issues, some probably not keyboard related..

Can only use it for bios setup if I have the keyboard connector in a USB 2 port. I'm sure it worked once when in USB 3, but can't replicate that.

When PC shut down, keyboard is still on (inc lights). Think that may be an implementation of "USB charging" function on my gigabyte board, but I can't seem to turn it off. Quick work around was to save a profile of no lights to the keyboard. Had same issue occasionally with my MK85, which is partly why I bought this one as a replacement... :confused:

Setting up different profiles within the software and they show up in the main screen, but not on the context menu, and after a reboot don't seem to actually activate on the keyboard even when using the main software screens. App shows correct colours too...

You should be able to access BIOS regardless if you have it connected to USB2.0 or 3.0. Try what I've suggested above, enable ErP Ready in BIOS.

The LED still being lit on stand by or off is perfectly normal. Though some of us wants them off when system is turned off. So what you have mentioned is one work around it, where you create a profile with no lights, then select it before shutting down the system. You could also turn it off by toggling the brightness button when the system is already off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Greybeard

Thank you for the reply.

For info my mobo is the ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 (THIS ONE).

It's running the very latest bios and all drivers are up to date.

I cannot for the life of me find 'ErP' nor mention of it in the manual. Would it be one of the 'C' states?

Tried every position of switch on the back including bios mode and no dice. Tried different usb 2 plugs and even some usb 3. Once in system it works ok, but not being able to get into bios is a real pain. Also it's hit n miss if it allows me to type my password.

I've returned it but I also have one with brown keys coming as I couldn't cancel the order fast enough form a different retailer, and they weren't expecting stock til the end of the month. So I will have another opportunity to play with it if anyone can help?

Andrew

Soldato
Well, that's me done. I give up.

As lovely as the keyboard is I am not willing to beta test it for £140.

In the future if these problems are resolved I'll likely revisit it, as I love the design.

@Corsair - all the best

Associate
Not sure how it worked last time but today my mode switch button doesn't switch modes anymore, the lighting button doesn't work and neither does the win lock key again. Hmm.

Associate
You should be able to access BIOS regardless if you have it connected to USB2.0 or 3.0. Try what I've suggested above, enable ErP Ready in BIOS.

ERP mode was already enabled. I believe it's a quirk of the motherboard in my case, since I can get into the bios with both ERP on or off if using the USB2 ports on the rear of the board.

Switching ERP mode off completely switches off the attached USB devices on shutdown - which is what I wanted. I'm sure it was named something else on a previous version of the bios, but sounds like "ERP mode" is the more standard term for it. It's off now anyway.

Ironically this has probably sorted out the issue with my previous keyboards lights staying on. :rolleyes:

The LED still being lit on stand by or off is perfectly normal. Though some of us wants them off when system is turned off. So what you have mentioned is one work around it, where you create a profile with no lights, then select it before shutting down the system. You could also turn it off by toggling the brightness button when the system is already off.

I've stored the "all off" profile to device memory, so it's the normal state now until the software loads. Don't know if it's possible to store multiple profiles to device memory, and how they would be switched?

I've created a new profile in the app with leds/colours enabled, called "Windows default" and set that to default in the software - but even though the app loads on startup, it doesn't activate the lights/profile. Right clicking on the icon on the taskbar and my "Windows Default" is the one selected.

I've completely closed down the app (inc task bar icon) and reloaded it, which opens up the full window - then gone into lighting section and voila! lights come on. Seems it's not activating the profile probably via app loading on windows startup (unless I'm missing a step somewhere?)

I like the keyboard for the keys/keyboard aspect but the RGB side seems to be quirky/problematic at best. If I had known I would have gone for the standard K70 with red leds (especially as it's on offer now) or just stuck to my existing MK85 and used a cheapy usb k/b if I wanted to get into the bios. :D

Back
Top Bottom