Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Well, that's me done. I give up.

As lovely as the keyboard is I am not willing to beta test it for £140.

In the future if these problems are resolved I'll likely revisit it, as I love the design.

@corsair - all the best

Sorry to hear that, Andrew.

Our HID guys are continuously working tirelessly to get these minor issues resolved. More updates will be released in the coming weeks to address these outstanding issues.

Soldato
Installing my K70 rgb was the most difficult PC-related install I've ever done. I was using the on-screen keyboard for an hour while the board displayed the CES ripple and the software wouldn't detect it..

In the end I think I uninstalled the software, removed the board, set it to '1', installed the software, plugged in the board (passthroguh first, then kb) and that worked.

Last edited:
Associate
For anybody reading this thread as they're considering buying one.......conversely, I've had zero problems with my K95, with either the keyboard or the software. It all works flawlessly out of the box, even connected through a KVM switch. I love it.

The only gripe i could have is that the LEDS stay on when the PC is off. But i understand a future firmware update will fix this and there are BIOS settings to change or a workaround to use in the meantime, which i just haven't done yet.

Associate
A bit more of an update on mine.

I've found that if I have the software loading on startup (whether through registry or a shortcut in the startup folder) the app loads but the default profile in software isn't loaded. If I close down the app and reopen it, it does load the profile.

If it doesn't load on startup, starting the app manually with same parameter (so it just has icon in the task bar) also loads the default profile.

I suspect there is a clash on windows startup, probably with USB3 drivers or something.

An oddity with bios mode though. Worked fine previously and was able to negotiate menus etc. Been doing some work on profiles (device profile is still currently "all lights off") etc for the testing. Don't know if it's related, but since then when in bios the up arrow key doesn't work (but down, left and right are fine).

I initially turned num lock off and used the keypad arrows which all worked - but now num lock doesn't work, so can't do that either...

Everything is fine in windows - so it's almost like the bios mode key map has got messed up. Tried the switch on the back in BIOS mode, and it makes no difference - just has the light to the left of the mute button flashing all the time, not just when booting/in bios. :)

May try seeing if there is a reset to defaults option and see if that fixes it, as it could possibly be a software bug when writing profile to keyboard?

Soldato
The Keyboard for me (K70) has been good so far ...but it would have been nice to have some per-loaded lighting profiles as trying to workout how to set a profile is not intuitive at all nor have I found it user friendly .....although the KB itself feels well made and solid , But again expensive hardware that comes with software that isn't really up to scratch.

Just to add my LEDs do not stay on when I shut my PC

Last edited:
Soldato
My LEDs do turn off when my pc is off, except for the numpad light.

I've nopticed that when I lock the PC my keyboard reverts to corsair's default profile, with the white WASD and arrow keys, which I've deleted all signs of in the software.

Also, I had a power cut the other day which rendered the board unresponsive until I unplugged and plugged it back in - was displaying the CES rainbow theme again.

Software seems quite easy to use for me in terms of lighting - although I haven't read the manual.

Associate
Also, I had a power cut the other day which rendered the board unresponsive until I unplugged and plugged it back in - was displaying the CES rainbow theme again.

Mine did this earlier when I accidentally turned power off at the socket while PC was on. When switching back on keyboard was unresponsive and had a fancy rainbow light ripple effect going on. Stayed on when I shut down too.

Had to do a full power cycle to get it back to normal. Probably a feature of having a customised/fancy controller - if it has any hiccups keyboard won't work.

Soldato
Sorry to hear that, Andrew.

Our HID guys are continuously working tirelessly to get these minor issues resolved. More updates will be released in the coming weeks to address these outstanding issues.

Whilst it's good to hear that the issues are being worked on, I think the point he's making is that it should never have been released in such a state and I agree with him.

It smacks of marketing riding roughshod and insisting a product which is clearly not ready is launched anyway.

I like Corsair as a company (have one of their cases and always used their memory) and am interested in this keyboard but won't be shelling out £140 until all the problems are solved. If this takes too long then I may go elsewhere, but then I guess that's what marketing were afraid of when they released it prematurely.

Associate
Just received my K70 RGB with brown keys.

I didn't really think that Corsair deserved my money, but "bugs" aside, this keyboard seemed to tick more boxes than others that I`ve considered.

I`ve got it installed and briefly tested it.

I'm pleased to report that it works OK. No problem getting into my Gigabyte motherboard BIOS, all the keys light up, and it's really nice to type on.

However, there's something I'm not very impressed with. Daft as it seems, I want white lighting (with the option of changing the colours if I feel like it). I`ve set all keys to "white", but they seem anything but "white". The light from under the keys seems to have a blue tint, and the light shining through the symbols on the keys looks slightly pink. I'm not expecting perfect colour, but it just looks wrong. I`ve downloaded and tested one of the profiles (Solid white, rainbow keypress), as the Youtube video clip seems to show white lighting that does look white. My keyboard looks "off white" when running this profile. The caps lock and num lock LEDs do look white, so I don't think it's my eyesight that's the problem.

Associate
So, I finally decided to get my first mechanical keyboard. Still getting used to the feel.

Before, I couldn't justify spending £60 on a keyboard, nevermind £140, but after reading the reviews and watching videos on the k70 I absolutely fell in love.

The software is ridiculous, such a steep learning curve for some simple functions.

I'm part-way through hacking together a library for JavaScript(Node.js) which should essentially let me customize the lighting. Was thinking a playable tetris game on the keyboard could be fun. :D

Associate
Just got a K95 Brown. My first mechanical keyboard. Still triyng to get to grips with it but i LOVE the feel of it. It won't let me go into the bios though, and it stays on when i sleep the pc, need to work out how to do that but so far loving the feel,

Associate
Just got a K95 Brown. My first mechanical keyboard. Still triyng to get to grips with it but i LOVE the feel of it. It won't let me go into the bios though, and it stays on when i sleep the pc, need to work out how to do that but so far loving the feel,

I think you need to plug it into the USB2 ports to use it in the BIOS, and I had the same issue. Try looking for a setting called EUP in the BIOS.

Associate
It smacks of marketing riding roughshod and insisting a product which is clearly not ready is launched anyway.

Had it been the case, we've all passed that point now. Best course of action at this point is to listen to you guys' feedback and make sure that we address these issues accordingly. We want these matters resolved as bad as you guys. Rest assured, all your voices are being heard and we are fully aware of what's going on in the field.

The software is ridiculous, such a steep learning curve for some simple functions.

Check out these videos and see if they are of any help. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132454

Glad to hear that you like build quality.

When you have it plugged into USB3.0, try using 1 connector the one with the KB icon. And when you're using 2.0, use both connectors. Also, see if you can find ErP in BIOS and enable it like what benjiiman suggested - just make sure you have the polling rate switch is in BIOS position.

Associate
Had it been the case, we've all passed that point now. Best course of action at this point is to listen to you guys' feedback and make sure that we address these issues accordingly. We want these matters resolved as bad as you guys. Rest assured, all your voices are being heard and we are fully aware of what's going on in the field.

Check out these videos and see if they are of any help. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132454

Glad to hear that you like build quality.

When you have it plugged into USB3.0, try using 1 connector the one with the KB icon. And when you're using 2.0, use both connectors. Also, see if you can find ErP in BIOS and enable it like what benjiiman suggested - just make sure you have the polling rate switch is in BIOS position.

alternatively withdrawn it from sale now until these issues are resolved. And do the beta testing yourselves instead of expecting your customers to do it, after all its really not a cheap product.

Soldato
I like the overall design of the K70 though and I'm actually contemplating getting a regular one and saving myself £50 and a load of hassle. Only niggling doubt is the stories I've heard about LED failures - is this a genuine worry?

Associate
I like the overall design of the K70 though and I'm actually contemplating getting a regular one and saving myself £50 and a load of hassle. Only niggling doubt is the stories I've heard about LED failures - is this a genuine worry?

We've had reports about those LED failures and at first, it sounded like it was fairly common mishap among users. I myself thought it was wide spread problem. But after looking at worldwide sales #s, the return rate is still very low in comparison to overall volume sold.

Back
Top Bottom