Corsair RBG Owners Club

We've had reports about those LED failures and at first, it sounded like it was fairly common mishap among users. I myself thought it was wide spread problem. But after looking at worldwide sales #s, the return rate is still very low in comparison to overall volume sold.

Thanks. I presume any LED failures would be covered by warranty, unless there was obvious signs of user damage such as fluid spills etc?

We've had reports about those LED failures and at first, it sounded like it was fairly common mishap among users. I myself thought it was wide spread problem. But after looking at worldwide sales #s, the return rate is still very low in comparison to overall volume sold.
Regardless of how low "very low" is, that doesn't give an indication of the failure rate. There's no way of knowing how many users simply don't care or notice if an LED goes out. The fact that the LED design was changed for the RGB models indicates that Corsair knows it was a design flaw.

There are a few people on the Corsair forums who have had their keyboards RMAed more than once and still have LEDs failing. As far as I can tell, an RMA also requires shipping to the Netherlands, which is not exactly cheap. Then there's the time during which you're without the keyboard you spent £90+ for. It just doesn't seem worth the risk.

Quick update, guys. New Firmware Updates Available (RGB Keyboards 1.15 / RGB Mice 1.16)

Hi all, we have a new firmware available.

Please go to Settings -> Device -> Update Firmware and your device will be updated with new firmware. For K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards, this will be version 1.15 and M65 RGB/Sabre Optical/Sabre Laser mice will be version 1.16.

This is a significant firmware update that resolves many of the issues that have been commonly reported including LED(s) staying on during PC Sleep Mode. We recommend that everyone update their peripheral(s).

Corsair Gaming RGB Keyboards (K65 RGB / K70 RGB / K95 RGB)
Firmware 1.15 Release Notes
Disabled keyboard lighting when no USB activity and system is off or asleep (an issue for systems with USB ports powered when shut down).
Resolved issue with keyboard waking system from sleep.
Rapid Caps/Num/Scroll key presses will no longer cause a CUE malfunction.
Resolved CUE timeout issues.
Resolved issue with LED brightness changing on key press while the keyboard is in BIOS mode.
Resolved issue with the firmware update process and certain USB drivers (that are also handling slow USB devices like card readers).
Resolved issues between CUE and Steam application with certain system configurations.
Miscellaneous improvements to keyboard integration with CUE.

Corsair Gaming RGB Mice (M65 RGB/Sabre Optical RGB/Sabre Laser RGB)
Firmware 1.16 Release Notes
Corrected Angle Snapping issue.
All mice should now wake system from sleep on left/right button press.
M65 RGB scroll wheel now displays the proper color on both sides of the wheel.
Resolved issues between CUE and Steam application with certain system configurations.
Miscellaneous improvements to mouse integration with CUE

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=134450

Regardless of how low "very low" is, that doesn't give an indication of the failure rate. There's no way of knowing how many users simply don't care or notice if an LED goes out. The fact that the LED design was changed for the RGB models indicates that Corsair knows it was a design flaw.

There are a few people on the Corsair forums who have had their keyboards RMAed more than once and still have LEDs failing. As far as I can tell, an RMA also requires shipping to the Netherlands, which is not exactly cheap. Then there's the time during which you're without the keyboard you spent £90+ for. It just doesn't seem worth the risk.

Corsair doesn't design the keys, they are using a new type of Cherry MX with the led built in.

Generally the support forum of a product will not represent the average experience by definition, so the chances are failure rate is lower than people on the Corsair forums are making it out to be.

That being said, I had to RMA a Corsair PSU once and that cost a lot to courier to the Netherlands! They should open a place in the UK and/or refund postage if the product is found to be faulty imo.

The new firmware has fixed the "LEDs staying on in standby" issue.

One issue that I still have is that when adjusting colours in CUE, the Brightness and WinLock keys don't change colour when selected. I have to "Edit light" to adjust their colour.

Had a strange problem a few minutes ago. Switched PC on and instead of having pale blue lighting (stored in keyboard's memory), the board displayed a rippling rainbow effect. This was before Windows loaded, and I haven't even got a profile that does this.

Shutdown and reboot fixed it.

Had a strange problem a few minutes ago. Switched PC on and instead of having pale blue lighting (stored in keyboard's memory), the board displayed a rippling rainbow effect. This was before Windows loaded, and I haven't even got a profile that does this.

Shutdown and reboot fixed it.

I think the rainbow effect is when the keyboard is in it's demo mode.

Well after the recent updates to firmware, at the very least I have some function to the colour changing thing...

Shame that every now and then, particularly when playing a game, the keyboard just stops doing animations. The colours appear to just freeze in place, and no longer respond. Have to restart CUE to fix it which is pretty annoying.

Hmmmm after reading this thread im not sure anymore about pre-ordering the K70 RGB.

EDIT: Sod it! :p Just brought the RGB with MX Brown switches, now its just time to play the waiting game for them to come into stock. After using my Saitek Eclipse 2 for roughly 6 years I think its had its fair share of use haha.

Last edited:
Can any OCUK staff explain the shortages across the UK?

Ideally I was wanting to buy this for someone as a Christmas gift. ;)

I'm not sure it's for the OCUK staff to explain the shortages across the UK - they are after all affected in the same way.

There is however a Corsair sales rep who visits these pages.

I have pre-orderd a K95 RGB (with sails) some time ago, and OCUK were told they'd be getting them mid November, then it was late November, then the end of November/beginning of December... so I check in, and now they have had to say they just don't know - even recommending a re-think if it's for a Christmas present as they're just not being told when they might arrive.

This is exactly the sort of information the sales rep should have (and if they don't then what are Corsair doing?). If Corsair don't pull thier fingers out, then a lot of customers will end up changing thier minds and getting something from the competition - and once someone has paid £100+ for a keyboard they probably wont be doing so again for a while.

This is exactly the sort of information the sales rep should have (and if they don't then what are Corsair doing?). If Corsair don't pull thier fingers out, then a lot of customers will end up changing thier minds and getting something from the competition - and once someone has paid £100+ for a keyboard they probably wont be doing so again for a while.

Agreed, hence why I am not going to hassle OC even though I desperately want an update on my K70 order. Greybeard?

Sorry guys for the late response . I don't have this info handy at the moment, but I'll try to get some updates from our sales team, and maybe they can shed some light regarding this matter.

I'm not part of the sales team, but I can definitely help to get vital info or some sort of explanation on why availability on these KBs are somehow not clear. I'll get back to you guys on this with some clarifications.

Can any OCUK staff explain the shortages across the UK?

Ideally I was wanting to buy this for someone as a Christmas gift. ;)

Scenario:

I want to buy Corsair keyboards.

I cant buy Corsair keyboards.

Reasoning:

We don't have Corsair Keyboards

Because they don't have Corsair Keyboards.

until one of the last two things changes, the first two things wont change either.

It is the middle of peak season and I have no stock of one of the most in demand products.

In other news, we have incredible stock levels of the new Shine 4 Keyboard from Ducky.

In the interests of clarity from ourselves as a retailer: Every Corsair RGB keyboard sku we currently have listed was ordered in large quantity 30/09/14. This means that OcUK has been waiting for the stock to land. There has also been many lines from our original order that have never seen stock land yet. Items ordered 04/09/14 such as the blue switch boards that we just don't have.

Last edited:
So all customers have an understanding of where we are at with this:

Le4foDP.jpg

item number is the Manufacturer Part Code
OcUK code is our product code for the website.

the promised ship date is the date Corsair ship us our stock so you will need to add around 7-10 working days to that ETA.

Thank you for the updates rjkoneill.

I've had my RGB K95 Sails on Pre-Order since October and was rather looking forward to using it as my current G510 has seen far better days, hopefully stock will arrive. Thank you again for the updates.

Back
Top Bottom