Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

It also lasts for ages...

ZXOSVGq.png

n.b. I use it for wiping caulk at outrageous excess amounts over summer :cry:

Last edited:
I can't grasp some of the figures in here.

My home insurance is due towards the end of the year but last year it was £142 for building and contents

Well that's me told I guess.

Home renewal has went up 48%. Had a look at some comparison sites but they all appear slightly higher...

48% increase is just mental and that's with an extra years NCB

Last edited:
Get yourself one of the massive blue rolls, cheaper and lasts for way longer.
depends what you are doing with it - we never use it for wiping surfaces - but, if you only use it directly on food -
drying of washed chicken pieces, leaving some in bread-bin .... drying your glasses even, then the regina stuff lasts for ever, and cut sheets in half if necessary

--------------------

more festivally The Grocer

Turkey sector expects ‘buoyant’ festive sales
“Aldi, in its Christmas brochure, initially anchored fresh prices to last year’s rate at £3.99/kg, later adjusting it to £3.75/kg in response to Lidl’s launch price. Both retailers now find themselves below last year’s final pre-Christmas pricing of £3.99/kg,” he added, while suggesting there could be more cuts to come.
“You have to believe it will become really cut-throat in the run-up to Christmas, especially if retailers don’t see the volumes shifting,” he suggested. “I expect it will become very competitive.”

People still pay rip off prices for kitchen towels? :cry:

Get yourself one of the massive blue rolls, cheaper and lasts for way longer.

I use lots of blue roll around the house and garage but be careful how you use it! The blue dye in the paper can leach out and colour materials such as acrylic, wood and others, especially so when used with bleach.

Jesus ******* Christ, house insurance came through, £565 last year, £1,115!!!!

We've not made any claims..........

What is going on? That isn't funny, that's 100% increase.
What are you insuring a stately home?

Standard building and content is ~£200 notes and ~£300 notes including accidental damage.

Back
Top Bottom