Counter-Strike 2

Last edited:
Welcome to the hobby my friend, you'll be spending thousands before too long :p

Aha, it is actually pretty fascinating once you wrap your head around the float levels and trade contracts, so I might be convinced to part with a few more pounds.... I mean pence :cry:

I was hoping to sell something I 'crafted' in a trade up for a profit, but I seem to have a trade lock on my account for 15 days which is a spanner in the works!

Would be keen to pick your brains, I may have fallen down the rabbit hole.

Aha, it is actually pretty fascinating once you wrap your head around the float levels and trade contracts, so I might be convinced to part with a few more pounds.... I mean pence :cry:

I was hoping to sell something I 'crafted' in a trade up for a profit, but I seem to have a trade lock on my account for 15 days which is a spanner in the works!

Would be keen to pick your brains, I may have fallen down the rabbit hole.

giphy.gif

Pick away! :D

What are your thoughts on third party sites for trying to find better prices/better floats for trade ups.

It looks like the only way to use them is to log in with your steam credentials, which seems like a bit of a red flag.

I use Skinport and it's totally legit and safe.

Although like anything online, make sure that the site is genuine and check the certificates are right in your browser.

Every now and again I revoke all my steam API keys and log ins just to lower the risk of any shenanigans as API scams are the most common way people lose skins these days.

If you do pick up anything nice and worth more than £50, set your inventory to private and only set it to public when sending or receiving a skin from Skinport. You'll start getting messages and comments on your Steam profile from scammers offering you crazy prices and the like.

I use Skinport and it's totally legit and safe.

Although like anything online, make sure that the site is genuine and check the certificates are right in your browser.

Every now and again I revoke all my steam API keys and log ins just to lower the risk of any shenanigans as API scams are the most common way people lose skins these days.

If you do pick up anything nice and worth more than £50, set your inventory to private and only set it to public when sending or receiving a skin from Skinport. You'll start getting messages and comments on your Steam profile from scammers offering you crazy prices and the like.

Cheers for the advice, I've added you on Steam.

Finding I've spent as much time on the marketplace rather than actually playing the last couple of days!

@kayone

Yeah I've given skinport a go and it seems decent for buying, as there is no buying fees.

Haven't tried selling on there yet due to the 7 day trade holds. Just messing about with cheap skins and trade up contracts.

@kayone

Yeah I've given skinport a go and it seems decent for buying, as there is no buying fees.

Haven't tried selling on there yet due to the 7 day trade holds. Just messing about with cheap skins and trade up contracts.

The 7 days delay can be painful but people just reduce their costs to mitigate this if they're in a rush to sell and you'll find they gradually increase back up to the recommended sale price as the trade ban days get closer to 0.

Back
Top Bottom