Counter-Strike 2

Are they actually cheaters, or just better than you? I only say that because the standard of play has risen quite a lot since CS:Source days when most people used to just play on pub servers with no clue about team play.
Oh, it's very clear who are cheating.....

Some cheaters make it quite hard to spot but then there are bad cheaters who don't know how to hide it - for me the most obvious one is when they can see where the opponents are on the map.

I cameback to CS after 2-3 years break after CS:GO, with 5 pre-made I was around GE rank, solo queuing was hard to go past Supreme. In CS2, I noticed the ELO rating is flawed and will take much longer to reflect actual skill/game sense levels, 20k+ = soooo many cheaters. Without knowing the lineups, smokes, nades etc. I'm stuck between 15-17k - I don't have as much time, or people to play with now-a-days... so I only solo queue, I don't recommend this.

The peekers advantage, smaller hitboxes, new engine, latency, pings etc. is all messy ATM, playing stretched res seems to be less of an advantage and more of a disadvantage with CS2. The amount of videos that showcase the unregistered shots with animations/sounds of hits are so relatable, I can see why so many Pros quit CS and moved to other games, re-learning the same game over and over isn't easy and its so frustrating! The amount of detail the maps have now, makes it harder to spot enemies and adjust the crosshair, I keep adjusting it and it either gets lost in the textures or its so outstanding to the point its distracting. Decline in player base is the perfect factual proof that the game is in a poor state, I can't wait to see what the major in March 2024 brings, seeing a few matches recently highlights the flaws to the point where the commentators can't ignore them and comment on them.

I could rant about the game for longer, but I CBA anymore, been playing CS for 20 years now. I stuck with 1.6 throughout the time when Zero and Source was released, only switched to GO after Valve made the update which broke it... BTW If you want to check, if someone is cheating, I highly recommend using Faceit Account Finder it shows loads of info like how many of their friends are on VACation and their Faceit level, unless they don't have any (red flag). I only really noticed cheaters on 15k+, lower ranks are mostly smurfs or higher ranks from CS:GO that are coming back into CS.

If anyone wants to play and try to hit higher ELO, I'm up for the challenge! :D

Man, I wish I was that good :( I've just started doing Premier and I got my rank the other day as 3.5k :cry: Gonna do some more grinding today to see if I can get it higher, but will probably be 1.5k by tomorrow :D:(

I cameback to CS after 2-3 years break after CS:GO, with 5 pre-made I was around GE rank, solo queuing was hard to go past Supreme. In CS2, I noticed the ELO rating is flawed and will take much longer to reflect actual skill/game sense levels, 20k+ = soooo many cheaters. Without knowing the lineups, smokes, nades etc. I'm stuck between 15-17k - I don't have as much time, or people to play with now-a-days... so I only solo queue, I don't recommend this.

The peekers advantage, smaller hitboxes, new engine, latency, pings etc. is all messy ATM, playing stretched res seems to be less of an advantage and more of a disadvantage with CS2. The amount of videos that showcase the unregistered shots with animations/sounds of hits are so relatable, I can see why so many Pros quit CS and moved to other games, re-learning the same game over and over isn't easy and its so frustrating! The amount of detail the maps have now, makes it harder to spot enemies and adjust the crosshair, I keep adjusting it and it either gets lost in the textures or its so outstanding to the point its distracting. Decline in player base is the perfect factual proof that the game is in a poor state, I can't wait to see what the major in March 2024 brings, seeing a few matches recently highlights the flaws to the point where the commentators can't ignore them and comment on them.

I could rant about the game for longer, but I CBA anymore, been playing CS for 20 years now. I stuck with 1.6 throughout the time when Zero and Source was released, only switched to GO after Valve made the update which broke it... BTW If you want to check, if someone is cheating, I highly recommend using Faceit Account Finder it shows loads of info like how many of their friends are on VACation and their Faceit level, unless they don't have any (red flag). I only really noticed cheaters on 15k+, lower ranks are mostly smurfs or higher ranks from CS:GO that are coming back into CS.

If anyone wants to play and try to hit higher ELO, I'm up for the challenge! :D

I uninstalled about a month ago and don't even have the urge to get back to it :(

Was never at the levels you are/were, almost hit 10k in the beta, but won 7/10 placement games on full release and got placed at like 3.2k :cry:

Battled my way up to 4999 multiple times, but that promotion game, almost every time we faced with one unranked player, with a load of 2-4k players.

Every time it was either a hacker (confirmed with demos once they were re-enabled), or a smurf with 5k+ hours, or a level 9-10 faceit player.

The fact that there has been no significant updates, nor new content (operation or even the old game modes such as arms race) put into the game is disappointing too!

I'll be back, but will be a while until the ranks have levelled out and the hackers have got bored.

Had some time to kill with work shutting down until the new year so finally updated to CS2 last week. Few things I've noticed in the 40 or so Premier matches I've played; It feels much closer to 128 tick was than it does 64 tick match making on CSGO. So that's good. I also like how smokes work now. Unfortunately I desperately need a new GPU and will be ordering one imminently. I've already acquired a new PSU. On low settings I'm getting fps drops down into the 30's. Probably to be expected on an RX580.

The downside though is I've already played in a minimum 3 matches with cheaters, and that's the ones that were on my team. The lack of an independent Anti Cheat like faceit had is really hurting CS2 match making. After 10 wins I was given a ranking of 10k, and I'm now up to 14.5k but at 100 points or so a win it seems like it will take a while to get a level where team play seems to actually be a thing.

I'd rather play with some of the guys from here than solo queue with Russians and cheaters.

Biggest mistake was to make the game free, I would rather it cost £20 on average - it would eliminate so many bots and cheaters.

Valve can't hear you under the mountain of money they made by making the game free.

But they did bring in a premium queue which requires a one off payment.

A real shame. I am trying to remain optimistic about a 'major' update that will land soon bringing back all the game modes/maps but most importantly fix VAC!
Only way is to play Faceit or ESEA, Faceit has a major issue with its ranking system, its not well balanced. Unless you have a 5 man team, the game will be frustrating... ESEA was a bit better, as it was subscription based and that eliminated a lot of unwanted playerbase from it. I wish they kept CS:GO as a separate game on Steam, I CBA To F around with files.

The whole game mechanics are still in a poor state, its better, but not at the level CS:GO was. The other issue is with their new way they delt with the 64 tick issue, it hasn't really solved the problem, it only created new ones, even on private servers you're forced to use 64-tick, as its impossible to make 128-tick work.

Last edited:
A real shame. I am trying to remain optimistic about a 'major' update that will land soon bringing back all the game modes/maps but most importantly fix VAC!

I've given up tbh, sure in a few years time things will settle down, but it's not been out for months, and on top of the cheater/smurf issue, the fact that entire sections of the game are still missing, i'm out.

I don't think I have come across that many cheaters (currently around 17-19k). There's been the odd game where they might be a bit sus, but they also might just be good players. I have been accused quite a lot and I'm not even that good :D

Its not a full release, I really dont think its intended to remove other game modes. The attitude to fix cheating is probably not there both players and devs, its never about an absolute fix but the weighting is way off now.

CS always had cheats so Im not fatalistic about it, old CS you could go invisible the cheat took 60 seconds to do was just a model skin rename in the files. However we used to do server admin and irc bots were arranging games, people knew each other as it was more local not russians

Simple take it has to be self governed servers, 5 v 5 games and people cheat in that you are gone. Balance is difficult, MM did achieve something new but I would not take it serious now go get a beer and crisps then actually get p'd off.

Last edited:
Its not a full release, I really dont think its intended to remove other game modes. The attitude to fix cheating is probably not there both players and devs, its never about an absolute fix but the weighting is way off now.

CS always had cheats so Im not fatalistic about it, old CS you could go invisible the cheat took 60 seconds to do was just a model skin rename in the files. However we used to do server admin and irc bots were arranging games, people knew each other as it was more local not russians

Simple take it has to be self governed servers, 5 v 5 games and people cheat in that you are gone. Balance is difficult, MM did achieve something new but I would not take it serious now go get a beer and crisps then actually get p'd off.
Very sad state of affairs!

Back
Top Bottom