COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Well, it's finally made it in to the house. Son went to a sales conference last week, and tested positive this morning. He did a test yesterday, negative, and another one this morning that's positive. He's feeling pretty rough.

To those who have had Covid already could you tell me how long it took before you started testing negative?

I started feeling symptoms last Tuesday (11/10) and tested positive on the Wednesday and unfortunately i'm still testing positive today (17/10).

Thanks

To those who have had Covid already could you tell me how long it took before you started testing negative?

I started feeling symptoms last Tuesday (11/10) and tested positive on the Wednesday and unfortunately i'm still testing positive today (17/10).

Thanks
Throat started to go 27th Sept, tested positive 1st Oct, again on 9th, negative on 15th.

Test on 15th showed a feint line after the time limit, ~1.5 hours later, so should be recorded as negative. Still feel like I'm full of a cold/flu today.

I got covid.

Saturday felt fine, walked a good 10 miles at least that day, drank way too much Saturday night.

Sunday woke up hungover, but my hangover seemed to get worse. Had a **** night last night, sweaty shivering in bed didn't sleep much and my head was pounding.

Took a test this morning about 7am, and thick black line on the T. But come about 11 o'clock this morning already feel better, just been out for a walk for about an hour.*

Guess I got lucky.

* I live in a rural area so my walk is out on fields not getting near anyone.

Throat started to go 27th Sept, tested positive 1st Oct, again on 9th, negative on 15th.

Test on 15th showed a feint line after the time limit, ~1.5 hours later, so should be recorded as negative. Still feel like I'm full of a cold/flu today.
Pretty much the same here, over two weeks later and only just feeling like I'm shaking it properly.

Just had my booster, that's the fourth jab I've had.

He told me that "It's the new style Moderna, you shouldn't need another one for a year".
That's not terribly reassuring given it's been over ten months now since my only booster so far and I'll be surprised if at 48 I'll be offered a booster before Xmas.

A silly part of me thinks that maybe I should have gone out of my way to get infected back in the summer when my booster would have been more affective, for whatever reason the cold/flu-like symptoms while positive are hanging around much longer than the only other time I knowingly was infected back in March '20.

That's not terribly reassuring given it's been over ten months now since my only booster so far and I'll be surprised if at 48 I'll be offered a booster before Xmas.

A silly part of me thinks that maybe I should have gone out of my way to get infected back in the summer when my booster would have been more affective, for whatever reason the cold/flu-like symptoms while positive are hanging around much longer than the only other time I knowingly was infected back in March '20.
You can book a booster if you're:
  • aged 50 or over
  • pregnant
  • aged 5 and over and at high risk due to a health condition
  • aged 5 and over and at high risk because of a weakened immune system
  • aged 16 and over and lives with someone who has a weakened immune system
  • aged 16 and over and is a carer, either paid or unpaid
  • a frontline health and social care worker
The penultimate one is the interesting option if you don't qualify for any of the others. You tick the box which says you're a carer (it doesn't have to be an "official" carer) and you'll be able to book.

Uncannily similar.

Much improved in many ways but both me and my OH still have flemmy coughs (not as bad now).

I think I may have had it early 2020 too. I remember getting out of breath for no real reason, something very unusual, and never feeling as bad with flu and aches. It was before testing or anything though.

You can book a booster if you're:
  • aged 50 or over
  • pregnant
  • aged 5 and over and at high risk due to a health condition
  • aged 5 and over and at high risk because of a weakened immune system
  • aged 16 and over and lives with someone who has a weakened immune system
  • aged 16 and over and is a carer, either paid or unpaid
  • a frontline health and social care worker
The penultimate one is the interesting option if you don't qualify for any of the others. You tick the box which says you're a carer (it doesn't have to be an "official" carer) and you'll be able to book.
I was invited to book mine as I'm at higher risk assuming due to my BMI. The vaccinator looked at me and said do you know why you're here as you're very young to have been invited and I said not really I can only assume it's because of my weight and she just carried on.
Could have said anything, don't think they're overly bothered or at least not near me.

I was invited to book mine as I'm at higher risk assuming due to my BMI. The vaccinator looked at me and said do you know why you're here as you're very young to have been invited and I said not really I can only assume it's because of my weight and she just carried on.
Could have said anything, don't think they're overly bothered or at least not near me.
Maybe the big NHS centres are more officious but I had my booster today at a local pharmacy and, if you were on their booking list, they didn't ask anyone questions about their entitlement to be there.

Back
Top Bottom