COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Going by the Zoe data we're at the peak of the current wave of Omicron, which is good news.

Capture.png

Last edited:
Going by the Zoe data we're at the peak of the current wave of Omicron, which is good news.

Though the firebreak lockdown skews it a bit, the previous 2 years have seen a bump around this time of year, probably due to schools and unis, etc. going back, followed by a slight lull then a big spike late November through December - which I would lean towards being the case again this year.

After 5 days of testing positive I finally got a negative result this morning but after doing a 2nd test just now I got a positive.

Am I meant to assume the one this morning was a false negative and that i'm still infectious?

I'd assume still infectious and test again tomorrow morning and see.

Most people though technically still capable of transmitting the virus up to about day 8 when it is no longer present, stop being infectious in the real world around day 5. A small number can continue to be infectious well beyond that though.

I was invited to book mine as I'm at higher risk assuming due to my BMI. The vaccinator looked at me and said do you know why you're here as you're very young to have been invited and I said not really I can only assume it's because of my weight and she just carried on.
Could have said anything, don't think they're overly bothered or at least not near me.

Mine didn't even ask, just mentioned to watch out for my heart exploding because of my age & having Moderna.

After 5 days of testing positive I finally got a negative result this morning but after doing a 2nd test just now I got a positive.

Am I meant to assume the one this morning was a false negative and that i'm still infectious?

We really should be glad we dont live in China where they use anal swabs to detect covid. We should have implemented these straight away for entries to the country.

Some Chinese cities have introduced anal swabs, with local experts claiming they can "increase the detection rate of infected people".

Last edited:
Still testing negative, although got exactly the same cough and steaming headache as my son who is positive. Weird disease.

Try an LFT anally as mentioned above just to be sure :D

Seriously though when we got it somehow in or on the way back from holiday this year I was first to fall and I think the Mrs was 3 days later. Good luck anyway!

Still testing negative, although got exactly the same cough and steaming headache as my son who is positive. Weird disease.

No one including myself tested positive for whatever went around here recently - but people with the exact same symptoms elsewhere with outbreaks were testing positive for COVID so who knows.

It took me a solid 2 weeks, despite having it really mild, to get back to 100% - I've never had that with a cold before. Even now occasionally getting a bit of fatigue.

But are the majority of these 203 patients in for treatment of other things, and found to also have Covid, or are the majority in solely for treatment of their Covid virus and not in for any other ailments?

Whatever they are in for it will take longer for them to be discharged alive or RIP.

Let me explain that a bit better.
An average hospital journey is 4 days, even before Covid if a patient got an HAI (Hospital Acquired Infection) that stay could last around 11 days and I reckon Covid can now be added to being an HAI of sorts.
In other words patients are staying in hospital beds longer which is detrimental to the NHS whether they die or not.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got struck by a Wuhan Torpedo last week, I’ve had covid now for just under 8 days. It’s been horrible the key difference from my last bout is this time I have the cough and it’s on my lungs. It’s horrible how much strain my chest is under, muscles hurt from all the coughing. I can’t speak without ending up in coughing fits.

I didn’t test positive for three days with a Fever and mild throaty cough by the way. It was only on day three I finally tested positive and all the other symptoms creeped on and I got floored.

Such a weird virus.

Woke up at 6am this morning with a fever and felt bogged down all day, tested negative this morning, will continue testing over next couple days but feels similar to what I experienced months ago when I last had covid.

Back
Top Bottom