COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

I watched that, I used to quite rate the man, but I am now becoming of the opinion h's become a drama queen desperate to keep the hits to his channel coming in.

It wasn't the drug companies saying we should get vaccinated to protect others and the NHS, it was mainly the world governments and the NHS itself in the case of the UK.

I can't recall Pfizer themselves claiming the vaccine had been tested for efficacy against transmission, just efficacy against mitigating symptoms of the virus.

Having said that, the woman representing Pfizer was a total joke, and her answers were close to pure gibberish. If she's the best they can find to represent their cause, it's an appalling do, I just have to hope their scientists are on a totally higher plain....

Long Covid is just the new name for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which has always been known about, but downplayed in the medical and wider communities because the symptoms aren't visible. Mononucleosis infections are one of the biggest causes of it, and it seems COVID is now as well.

The difference is most people only get Mono once.
From what i've been reading that seems pretty much it, or at least the two are extremely close in symptoms although possibly still distinct (so they may be different but closely enough linked to be cousins), but covid is probably the first time there has been a disease where so many people got it in such a short space of time that the cfs type effects were actually in enough people at the same time and traceable to a specific infection to be accurately linked.

I've been seeing some of the reports into LC where the researchers have noted the similarity and included CFS patients in the study as a second "ill" group, and found in many cases the tests are showing things in both instances that aren't in the control group. Something similar happened at a john hopkins IIRC study into GWS something like 15 years ago where they included CFS patients and found CFS/GWS had a common group of "odd" proteins, CFS had a few distinct ones, GWS had a few distinct ones, none of them in the control group.

I've said it a few times to friends, if anything good comes out of covid it might be that we'll learn more about the after effects of such viral infections on the human body, and hopefully get some working treatments for post viral conditions, but it's also one of the things I was worried about early on, as even as a non medical person I was aware both of things like CFS and that we're still discovering how badly other common viral infections can screw up our bodies after decades of research into them.

Last edited:
From what i've been reading that seems pretty much it, or at least the two are extremely close in symptoms although possibly still distinct (so they may be different but closely enough linked to be cousins), but covid is probably the first time there has been a disease where so many people got it in such a short space of time that the cfs type effects were actually in enough people at the same time and traceable to a specific infection to be accurately linked.

I've been seeing some of the reports into LC where the researchers have noted the similarity and included CFS patients in the study as a second "ill" group, and found in many cases the tests are showing things in both instances that aren't in the control group. Something similar happened at a john hopkins IIRC study into GWS something like 15 years ago where they included CFS patients and found CFS/GWS had a common group of "odd" proteins, CFS had a few distinct ones, GWS had a few distinct ones, none of them in the control group.

I've said it a few times to friends, if anything good comes out of covid it might be that we'll learn more about the after effects of such viral infections on the human body, and hopefully get some working treatments for post viral conditions, but it's also one of the things I was worried about early on, as even as a non medical person I was aware both of things like CFS and that we're still discovering how badly other common viral infections can screw up our bodies after decades of research into them.

Yeah, I was acutely aware of CFS possibility with severe viral infections, as I caught mono and it sent me into hospital for a few days back in late 2014. I was worried that I'd be knocked for six for months, as it seems that the more severe the mono, the more likely the lingering fatigue.

Luckily, I was out of hospital within the week and never had any fatigue. Don't want to chance it again!

Having managed to avoid it so far I tested positive on Tuesday morning. I spent most of Tuesday and yesterday in bed with cracking headache, joint aches and chills. They all seemed to subside last night, but I've now developed a cough and runny nose today. But I feel far better.

Am I out of the woods with the worst of it or is going to come back with a vengeance?

I'm fairly lucky that work have said they don't want to see me back in until I'm consistently testing negative, so probably some time late next week.

Having managed to avoid it so far I tested positive on Tuesday morning. I spent most of Tuesday and yesterday in bed with cracking headache, joint aches and chills. They all seemed to subside last night, but I've now developed a cough and runny nose today. But I feel far better.

Am I out of the woods with the worst of it or is going to come back with a vengeance?

I'm fairly lucky that work have said they don't want to see me back in until I'm consistently testing negative, so probably some time late next week.

Sounds exactly the same as me when I caught it, 24/48hrs fever and stuck in bed, then basically OK except for a really annoying cough that hung around for weeks.

Want a scaremongering headline?

Back
Top Bottom