COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

I'm triple jabbed, have been all over the place on planes and still managed to not get it, unless I just haven't shown any symptoms..

1st time (January 2022) I had no symptoms at all. Only found out as my wife made us test before visiting her 90 year old father (She had no symptoms as well)
2nd time (July 2022) I had the sniffles & checked just in case.

So had my hospital update today and we have 203 Covid patients in our hospital :(

Are these people who have not been vaccinated?

I've not knowingly had COVID before, I have it right now, other than about 18 hours (and half of that I was also hungover) of feeling mildly rough, I'm absolutely fine. I'd take this over the common cold any day.

I had had three lots of jabs they must be doing their jobs.

Are these people who have not been vaccinated?

I've not knowingly had COVID before, I have it right now, other than about 18 hours (and half of that I was also hungover) of feeling mildly rough, I'm absolutely fine. I'd take this over the common cold any day.

I had had three lots of jabs they must be doing their jobs.
It's mad how even after all this time it is still affecting people in massively different ways. I've had two jabs, had COVID once. Second jab floored me, spent all of the next day in bed. Caught Covid 6 months later coming straight off the back of a rough bout of food poisoning and even at the peak didn't feel as bad as I did after that second jab. Won't be getting a third.

I'm only up to 3 jabs, but there's one guy here at work that had some when he was out in a different country with a team and they jabbed everyone so he was, 'yeah fine stab me' but that apparently was a batch that wasn't recognised by the NHS or something so then he's had additional jabs that are recognised so he's up to 7/8 jabs now and he's fine...

I had my first positive test last week then passed it to the missus. I wasn't too bad, just a sore throat, feeling a bit rubbish and a cough I can't shift but she's has been pretty rough.
Yeah wifes suffering a bit, son has just had his first negative test (we caught it off him) and I'm just waiting on a call back from a doctor to see if I need antivirals.

4th Jab up soon - who's had their 4th? any bad after effects ?
I never had my 3rd and won't have anymore. I've had covid twice. What's the point of having a booster that is for the original strain and earliest variety of omicron that doesn't exist anymore. Then you look at the lies told about get jabbed and transmission being reduced, when it was never tested for that. Or that the only country that tested heart effects on children is the Thai's and the results were pretty awful. Or the unexplained excess death rate all over the world.

I'm far from anti vax, but when I saw pfizier getting called out and admitting the lies I'm out. I'm not seeing what I get from a booster than having the virus twice isn't going to give me.

I never had my 3rd and won't have anymore. I've had covid twice. What's the point of having a booster that is for the original strain and earliest variety of omicron that doesn't exist anymore. Then you look at the lies told about get jabbed and transmission being reduced, when it was never tested for that. Or that the only country that tested heart effects on children is the Thai's and the results were pretty awful. Or the unexplained excess death rate all over the world.

I'm far from anti vax, but when I saw pfizier getting called out and admitting the lies I'm out. I'm not seeing what I get from a booster than having the virus twice isn't going to give me.

You read way too much Twitter mate. Pfizer never lied, they reiterated exactly what they said at the start.

You read way too much Twitter mate. Pfizer never lied, they reiterated exactly what they said at the start.
If Pfizer didn't lie, the people that told us we had to get vaccinated to save those around us did. That the vaccine would reduce transmission. So who lied then if they never did that study in the first place?

Last edited:
If Pfizer didn't lie, the people that told us we had to get vaccinated to save those around us did. That the vaccine would reduce transmission. So who lied then if they never did that study in the first place?

The scientists who studied Pfizer's results independently did, such as the CDC. Many scientific groups were all studying the vaccines effects.

However, they didn't really lie either—at the time, scientists were cautious about saying how effective the vaccine would prove with transmission, until it turns out it was extremely effective at doing that. This began to change when the virus mutated into Delta (but a booster solved that one), and was gone by Omicron.

So they didn't lie, things just changed drastically when Omicron showed up. It seems people have short memories and just want to look for things to blame.

Last edited:

The vaccines were very effective at reducing transmission of the variant they were based upon (original wuhan variant) So much so, that variant is pretty much none existent now.

Unfortunately by the time the vaccines were administered, the variants going around weren't the original wuhan one, so the vaccines didn't really do much to stop transmission against a different variant of the virus they were designed against., they only really lessen the effects of catching alpha/delta/omicron variants and provide some protection against needing hospital treatment.

The only way vaccines would be effective in stopping transmission is if a variant sticks around long enough and doesn't mutate before we can get a vaccines designed and administered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom