COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Older variants. Omicron can begin becoming symptomatic within just 48 hours.
Yep, my son went to a sales conference last Wednesday-Thursday, was symptomatic on Saturday, and we started to show symptoms Monday-Tuesday. So 48 hours was pretty much spot on.
Spent last night coughing my lungs up so that was fun.

Last edited:
had my latest booster this morning - they also offered the flu jab which i accepted

there were about thirty people in the waiting area and only three of us took up the offer of the flu jab?

local GPs have not yet started doing flu jabs
Had the booster on Friday - tried to also get the flu jab but was told they were fully booked and had none spare...

I always remember them saying it can be up to a week or two getting it after a mass gathering. If one has managed to contract it. As so many people always assumed they were fine a few days after mass gatherings.

Was 2-5 days for most people, but around 5 more common with older variants, but could be up to 10-11, though Omicron seems to be more towards the lower end of the scale.

Covid-19 Tied to Higher Risk of Deadly Blood Clots in Large Study

"Covid-19 at any level of severity is linked to an increased risk of dangerous blood clots that start in patients’ veins and travel to the heart, lungs and other parts of the body, according to a UK study that highlights the pandemic’s role in driving up rates of cardiovascular disease.

Non-hospitalized Covid patients were 2.7 times more likely to develop dangerous clots called venous thromboembolisms and were more than 10 times more likely to die than individuals who avoided the disease, scientists at Queen Mary University of London found in a study of almost 54,000 people followed for an average of about 4 1/2 months. The increase in risk was highest in the first 30 days after the disease began, but could remain elevated even longer, the researchers said."

Several friends, family and colleagues have had the combined flu/covid vaccine recently and pretty much all of them it has hit them pretty hard for 24 hours from about 12 hours after the jab.

Several friends, family and colleagues have had the combined flu/covid vaccine recently and pretty much all of them it has hit them pretty hard for 24 hours from about 12 hours after the jab.
I had my flu jab on Friday and my arm is still killing today with a big red patch, that’s about it reaction wise though

Also had my flu jab last week, no issues. Didnt get covid booster though (4th jab) as had reactions to previous jabs so nervous about taking them. But toss up between effects of jab vs getting covid / severity etc

That was my experience with just solely the Moderna booster. Cold shivers/fever overnight, which became a skull thumping headache that was taken care of by paracetamol for the day after.

However, weirdly enough, it did give me covid symptoms for a couple of days after. Had a bit of a sore throat, upper tickly cough (very infrequent), and my sinuses felt off.

Tested with LFTs but came up negative throughout, so I just put it down to the jab. I wore an FFP2 to the vaccine place so I doubt I picked anything up there.

Last edited:
Feels like I'm verging into long covid territory now, I wasn't able to test during the first few days, but it's now four weeks since I felt the beginnings of a sore throat.

The mental and physical exhaustion for the last three weeks has been insane, lungs haven't felt great for ~2.5 weeks, legs have so little energy for cycling. Various other cold/flu symptoms going on too.

The only other time I've knowingly had covid (been a few other respiratory bugs), right back at the end of March '20, I had some fatigue and lung issues but just about got through work before it cleared up in late May. This time, no chance.

So I've finally succumbed to the virus. Was in America for a workshop last week, came back Friday, yesterday came down with what I thought was Sinusitis with a splitting headache that painkillers weren't touching. Wife suggested I do a test and bang, I'm positive. The test line came up immediately and very solid and dark, I guess I'm carrying a lot of virus particles at the moment.

had my latest booster this morning - they also offered the flu jab which i accepted

there were about thirty people in the waiting area and only three of us took up the offer of the flu jab?

local GPs have not yet started doing flu jabs
About 27 idiots then. Always get flu vaccine in Sept as 15 years ago, about this time of year, I was floored with flu for 3 weeks. Was about to start a new job and they put me on the next training 4 weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom