COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Day 10 and finally negative. What a lovely experience that was. Worst 9 days of my life. Worst fatigue I've ever had along with really bad head cold and cough etc. Now still have milder version of previous symptoms along with weird taste in mouth.
Was due booster and flu jab last week too

Last edited:
My symptoms have been barely noticeable, however, this afternoon I have noticed I have completely lost my sense of taste and smell.

I'm day 5 or possibly 6.

Otherwise cannot complain, I just hope these senses come back.

4th Jab up soon - who's had their 4th? any bad after effects ?

I had my 4th the other day and that night I felt terrible, shivering and very achy hardly able to move my legs and arms much. The shivering was odd and I had to sit on the toilet to pee. It was like I had parkinsons.

Still feel a bit rough and cold but will do a covid test tomorrow just to make sure it isnt just side effects from the vacine. Arm is killing me as well.

NHS doc phoned me today, don't feel too terrible (symptoms since Tuesday, pos test Thursday) so they'll phone me tomorrow to see if I need the anti virals, which 5 days after symptoms start is the last day that they are prescribed.
Hoping it just gets better on its own.

NHS doc phoned me today, don't feel too terrible (symptoms since Tuesday, pos test Thursday) so they'll phone me tomorrow to see if I need the anti virals, which 5 days after symptoms start is the last day that they are prescribed.
Hoping it just gets better on its own.

Hope you're OK mate, fingers crossed it's just mild and you don't need them.

had my latest booster this morning - they also offered the flu jab which i accepted

there were about thirty people in the waiting area and only three of us took up the offer of the flu jab?

local GPs have not yet started doing flu jabs

Starting to get my sense of taste and smell back around this morning.

Not all the way, maybe 50% back, going from pretty much nothing.

You know you dont have a sense of smell when you open a bottle of vinegar, and have a large inhale and cannot smell anything.

Starting to get my sense of taste and smell back around this morning.

Not all the way, maybe 50% back, going from pretty much nothing.

You know you dont have a sense of smell when you open a bottle of vinegar, and have a large inhale and cannot smell anything.

Was this 6 days ago from your last post that it started?

Out of curiosity, were you amongst lots of people, mask/no mask?

On Saturday (not yesterday, last week) yes went to a Pink Floyd tribute band, but had no idea I had COVID felt fine.

Wine up next morning hungover and seemed to get worse over the day, shivers in the night them tested positive on the Monday.

By Monday lunch time I was fine and have been since.

I always remember them saying it can be up to a week or two getting it after a mass gathering. If one has managed to contract it. As so many people always assumed they were fine a few days after mass gatherings.

Back
Top Bottom