COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Last edited:
They are now going to use it for some cancer treatments which is supposed to be an excellent way of doing it.
Of course as soon as the patient dies a year on we will get the TFH's saying it was the jab.

A friend of mine has a rare cancer that atm can't be cured. She had it treated about 12 years ago but it came back about 18 months ago. Her treatment this time was incredibly complicated but part of it was having her stem cells taken, genetically altered and then grown. They then wiped out her bone marrow and got her own stem cells back in to replace her bone marrow. I can't remember what exactly the MRNA part of her treatment was, she did tell me as she has been like a sponge learning how her treatments work, but she did say MRNA was a vital part of it. 15 years ago they likely couldn't have got her into remission again but hopefully with this new treatment she has another 10-15 years before it comes back and by then maybe they'll have come up with a treatment that can actually cure her. You certainly don't want to **** off MRNA in front of her.

Personally the only people I know who've died were people with existing serious conditions - mostly cancer and one with MND though most of those were tragic as it got people who still had a life expectancy of a few years yet.
Someone I know knew someone who died don't know the medical history but she was working at a care home of all places. This was during the height of the pandemic/first lockdown i.e. the most dangerous strain and before vaccines.

A while back I wrote about a young woman suffering badly with long covid, and inadequate treatment and attitudes from the medical profession (US) didn't help.

She had made a post a few months ago saying she had got approval and a date for euthanasia. But didn't say what the date was.

I hope that I am wrong. But she just wrote a short goodbye message on Twitter. Then there was another post that I think was written by her mother with the words to the effect of "I'm sorry I let you down" accompanied by a picture of them both pre-covid.

I feel really bad for these people, especially those in countries with no proper health care safety net.

She was an amazing young woman both inside and out.

One thing I like about the community is we're all nearly bedbound yet even during these bad times we always promote others gofundme sites.

It is a humbling experience.

Dianna the woman behind the Physics Girl YT channel is in a bad way with long covid for 1.5 years now.

Dianna the woman behind the Physics Girl YT channel is in a bad way with long covid for 1.5 years now.

It is very sad what as happened.

It's also frustrating that the doctors aren't experimenting more with many current medications that have been found to give improvements.

They all seem to be waiting until they get the golden bullet to cure it all.

Meanwhile people's lives are on hold.

Great I think it is going around at work again, people putting it down as flu but came in today and several people have it now. So far seems to be people who didn't have COVID when it went around 2-3 months back so fingers crossed if it is COVID I still have protection.

Guessing from the shift patterns someone spread it around Thursday.

Great I think it is going around at work again, people putting it down as flu but came in today and several people have it now. So far seems to be people who didn't have COVID when it went around 2-3 months back so fingers crossed if it is COVID I still have protection.

From what I have seen the current strains are pretty mild, I wouldn't even say flu like. I think people use it for a few days off more than being really ill

The last time I had Covid I didn't even know I had it. It was only hindsight from looking back at the previous weeks' gym workouts, the fact that I had been overly tired for the week and a blood test that revealed my liver had been working overtime that indicated that I'd probably had it.

From what I have seen the current strains are pretty mild, I wouldn't even say flu like. I think people use it for a few days off more than being really ill

Depends - what we had 2-3 months back was very mild except for one person who had the full works, I hardly knew I was ill. But my brother picked it up on a work trip to Canada recently and he and everyone who caught it off him were properly sick with it.

Back
Top Bottom