COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Who’s laughing?

“Separate figures from the UKHSA show that 2,053 cases of Covid were recorded in the week to 12 June. This was an increase of 148 cases, or 7 per cent, on the previous seven-day period.”

“Hospitalisations were highest in those aged 85 years and over. Covid ICU admissions were “very low” but increased slightly to 0.12 per 100,000.”

From my own point of view, the above doesn’t really strike fear into me.
Should it?

WHO figures were basically under 60 and its a non issue, 60 - 70 a bit worse and 80+ were pretty much 80 - 90% of the deaths?

Associate
if the disease made it all round the world some people not going to work is not going to make a difference, you will catch it while you are shopping, walking past someone in the street, form someone who has no symptoms
Of course not being in the immediate vicinity of someone who has a bug will help stop you catching that bug, it's just common sense.

Soldato
and that my friends is an admittance and what has been wrong with some people all through this 'fake' pandemic.
You can go and stand with all the others that DGAF about anybody else.
Utter nonsense.
Read what I posted again, then once more, then get an adult to explain it to you.
Where exactly have I said I DGAF about others?
And the quotes I posted were from an article Bowden posted.

Associate
sorry my point is really you cannot avoid getting it unless you isolate yourself..
I agree, you might not completely rule out getting a bug unless you isolate yourself, but u can definitely lessen the chances and therefore the frequency by taking sensible precautions and by other people being considerate of their actions when ill. I'd rather have 1 or 2 bugs every year or 2, than 3 or 4 bugs.

Soldato
Who’s laughing?

“Separate figures from the UKHSA show that 2,053 cases of Covid were recorded in the week to 12 June. This was an increase of 148 cases, or 7 per cent, on the previous seven-day period.”

“Hospitalisations were highest in those aged 85 years and over. Covid ICU admissions were “very low” but increased slightly to 0.12 per 100,000.”

From my own point of view, the above doesn’t really strike fear into me.
Should it?
So your ok repeatedly being infected by a virus created in a lab that our governments conspired to keep its origins a secret by making up stories of wet markets?

Covid as moved from being acute to chronic.

There is evidence now that even "mild" cases were you appear to recover, that there is still signs of the virus in the body years after infection.

This reduces your immune system and taxes your body. After a certain amount of reinfections you'll get long covid, which is a failure to recover.

Haven't you noticed colds and flus that were easier brushed off are now slowing people down?

Unless you have a genetic dispensation to stop covid infecting you (ie if you've never had covid) then at some point you're likely to get long covid.

The researchers now know the specific genes impacted.

Soldato
So your ok repeatedly being infected by a virus created in a lab that our governments conspired to keep its origins a secret by making up stories of wet markets?
“our governments”
Care to show proof?

I don’t care one jot about Covid, nor have I ever (but no problems with others being cautious, apart from when they start posting utter drivel about it).
I’d rather get on with my life without worrying about something that has little chance of making me seriously ill.
During lockdown I was part of our village community team and spent a long time running around getting food & medicine for some very ungrateful and very scared old people, so I’m very aware of say the media (arguably) overhyping stuffs to people’s detriment.

This reduces your immune system and taxes your body. After a certain amount of reinfections you'll get long covid, which is a failure to recover.
“get”
Care to elaborate?

Unless you have a genetic dispensation to stop covid infecting you (ie if you've never had covid) then at some point you're likely to get long covid.
The word “likely” is doing a lot of heavy lifting.
Once again, proof?

Soldato
“our governments”
Care to show proof?

I don’t care one jot about Covid, nor have I ever (but no problems with others being cautious, apart from when they start posting utter drivel about it).
I’d rather get on with my life without worrying about something that has little chance of making me seriously ill.
During lockdown I was part of our village community team and spent a long time running around getting food & medicine for some very ungrateful and very scared old people, so I’m very aware of say the media (arguably) overhyping stuffs to people’s detriment.

“get”
Care to elaborate?

Once again, proof?

The 'proof' is simply in the statistics that we know of. Long covid rates are something like 1/10 infections display symptoms months after infection, which is long covid. If people are catching this virus on a yearly basis or more, then you have to be lucky every single time you catch it to avoid it. Realistically, over a whole lifetime, this is probably wishful thinking.

Of course, not all long covid symptoms are permanent, and the majority seem to resolve within 18 months that we know of. I personally got long covid with my only infection last year. It gave me ETD issues which manifested in tinnitus. I only managed to get rid of it (at least that I can notice) by dosing myself on high mg of oral steroids for a month.

It also begs the question - what happens if you keep catching covid before your long covid symptoms resolve?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, do you feel that way about cancer and other illnesses?
Don't think the 2 can be compared unless you are 80 to 90 when covid might be worse than a slow growing cancer.. Actually I don't know how bad the current strain of covid is.. Covid might be the better option even if old..

Last edited:
Soldato
“our governments”
Care to show proof?

“get”
Care to elaborate?

Once again, proof?
I have long covid. My oxygen drops to the low 60's% these days and heart rate shoots up to 130+ bpm. I've been like this for nearly 1.5 years now.

I've never experienced anything like this from a cold or flu.

I've got a personal interest in the subject.

If you had a genuine interest, even a self interest, in wanting to educate yourself about the subject I would go looking up the sources.

But you don't care about your health so why should I? It's not my job to look after your health.

If you want to be a hero go for it.

Soldato
I have long covid. My oxygen drops to the low 60's% these days and heart rate shoots up to 130+ bpm. I've been like this for nearly 1.5 years now.
Sorry (genuinely) to hear that, and hopefully you’ll be on the mend.
But you don't care about your health so why should I? It's not my job to look after your health.

If you want to be a hero go for it.
I very much care about my health (recently gave up smoking after 35+ years, eat right, massively cut down on alcohol, and exercise regularly) I’m just not going to be a slave to something that may or may not happen.
Life is too precious and way too short to be worrying about this that and the other.
Worrying too much is a waste of energy and that energy can be spent doing stuff I enjoy whilst I’m here for the short time that we all are.

Man of Honour

I very much care about my health (recently gave up smoking after 35+ years, eat right, massively cut down on alcohol, and exercise regularly) I’m just not going to be a slave to something that may or may not happen.
Life is too precious and way too short to be worrying about this that and the other.
Worrying too much is a waste of energy and that energy can be spent doing stuff I enjoy whilst I’m here for the short time that we all are.
If we were that worried about something that may or may not happen we wouldn't ride crotch rockets for fun:D

Man of Honour

See that's where I am but when you reply "I don't care one jot about Covid" it puts you in the same category as idiots but your explanation is OK.
Obviously you will care if one of your friends/relatives get it seriously.
It's how you originally said it.

Soldato
See that's where I am but when you reply "I don't care one jot about Covid" it puts you in the same category as idiots but your explanation is OK.
Obviously you will care if one of your friends/relatives get it seriously.
It's how you originally said it.
Fair enough, I could have worded it better :)
And yes, if anyone close to me gets ill, then I’ll do everything I can for them.
Maybe I’m lucky that everyone I know hasn’t, and almost everyone hasn’t had the jab either.

Soldato

At the start of all this I thought it was weaker than a cold/flu and only had higher hospitalisation figures because it spread faster.

I first got covid in December 2019, early on. Apart from feeling light headed the last thing at night, after 5 nights, I appeared to recover.

I got it again in mid 2022 and it's only at a doctors appointment he checked my oxygen and noticed it was 75%. I was sent home with oxygen cylinders, though I didn't really use them. After a few months again I felt like I recovered.

Then a few months later in December 2022 my oxygen had dropped to 70% and I had to go in hospital. I was on oxygen for 2 days, and they give me paxlovid for 5 days.

When I'm sitting still my oxygen is normal. But as soon as I move it drops from mid 90s to 70s nearly immediately.

About 2 weeks out of hospital I'm expecting to start recovering. But instead I start getting additional symptoms. Now I might have a heart condition, even though scans said its ok.

I'm waiting for a heart monitor (been waiting for 3 months so far).

Trust me, even if you are skeptical it's better to take some precautions. You don't want to be where I am now.

The people it as impacted the most are those who thought they were fit enough to deal with it. They have gone from daily jogging to being bedbound for many hours each day. I think psychologically it as damaged them too. The not knowing when, or if there will be a treatment. Some have taken their own lives because of it.

Long covid will slowly drag the economy down, either directly or indirectly, as it opens people up to other infections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom