COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Another step towards getting a lateral flow diagnostic test for long covid.

Revive held a meeting online with the FDA who granted them approval to move to the next stage by suggesting they follow a set protocol and present a clinical study to go along with the De Novo submission.

Revive have agreed to the conditions and seem confident enough to already be setting up production contracts with manufacturers.

I think this will be a significant step forward in evidentionally showing that long covid persists, and with creating treatments.

But I think the biggest significance is for peace of mind for the people not being believed by certain doctors, friends, and in some cases family.

There seems to be a noticeable amount of doctors, based on comments they have made, that think having low blood oxygen levels is psychological.

Soldato
Great half the shift that has just come in at work tonight are coughing and sniffling doubt I'm gonna dodge this FFS.
my wife is full on nose running, temps are all over the place etc etc. i myself am starting to feel sinusy. from what we can tell its not covid however, she is testing negative, still despite hating doing it, she WFH today anyway.

i need to either get this cold now and get over it, or for it to bugger off. i am on a jaunt with 13 other blokes this weekend for a week on Majorca........... i cant be ill i have been looking forward to it for months :(

Man of Honour
So far I've not come down with anything, so far, had a bit of a scratchy throat yesterday but I think that was from dust.

Not been in work yesterday or today but seems from what I can tell so far that people who've had it are mostly the ones who didn't have COVID 2-3 months back though if I had to guess symptoms seemed more flu like than I've seen with COVID.

Associate
Is covid still a thing?
Yes...I caught it on a weekend away in Padstow just over 2 weeks ago. Whether having it is of significance or not is open to question. I happened to have tests available so used them. It did stop me going to see my elderly mother. However, she's been jabbed 5 times so whether it was necessary or not, I don't know

I think many people are having a long drawn out transition between the the initial frightening waves and accepting it as just another flu variant, if that's what it will eventually be

Man of Honour
Is covid still a thing?

Still seems to be coming and going at random, with random severity.

I'm not at all a fan of people writing it off as mild/just a cold though it is ignorant at best - the last dose of it I had was very mild symptoms wise, if other people at work hadn't been ill as well I'd have barely known I had it, but left me with a couple of months of mild fatigue, random brain fog and minor hearing loss. Fortunately all of which seem to have gone away now but repeated instances of this is probably wearing people's health down generally with higher incidence of people having permanent or longer term complications which they might not connect to COVID.

I see the signs of similar kind of stuff in people around me who largely don't even seem to notice the impact it is having for themselves and just putting it down to generally being under the weather, etc.

Soldato
I feel most sorry for the kids who get long covid.

I hope we start getting the first generation treatments come out by the end of the year.

Until long covid is dead covid is an health hazard.

Back
Top Bottom