COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
Fair enough, I could have worded it better :)
And yes, if anyone close to me gets ill, then I’ll do everything I can for them.
Maybe I’m lucky that everyone I know hasn’t, and almost everyone hasn’t had the jab either.

Let's hope none of them become ill, end up in hospital and beg for the jab which they can't have. We then get letters from Solicitors for negligence saying we wouldn't jab them.

Soldato
Trust me, even if you are skeptical it's better to take some precautions. You don't want to be where I am now.
It's not about me being skeptical, it's about me not spending time/energy worrying about it.
Like tom_e mentioned earlier, if I was worried about stuffs I certainly wouldn't get on a motorcycle and hoon it around the way I do.
And to add, I've had a few nasty accidents and ended up in hospital, but it doesn't stop me jumping straight back in the saddle.
If I get ill from covid or have another bike accident, then it happens.
The people it as impacted the most are those who thought they were fit enough to deal with it. They have gone from daily jogging to being bedbound for many hours each day. I think psychologically it as damaged them too. The not knowing when, or if there will be a treatment. Some have taken their own lives because of it.

Long covid will slowly drag the economy down, either directly or indirectly, as it opens people up to other infections.
I don't doubt either of those points.

Soldato
To be fair by now most of the general populations jab immunity has probably wained to very little.

we should have decent long lasting immunity after having covid.. unless you had 5 boosters (or more) then (apparently) you body MAY decide covid is something to be ignored.. though your immune systems works on so many levels i doubt that means its left totally unchecked (you jsut have a muted response)

Soldato
The new strains are avoiding the old vaccinations.

This paper is talking about different T cell activity between the sexes, and how they match different sub sets of long covid symptoms.

Commissario
You work in ICU?
From memory he works in the department that deals with legal issues etc from memory, which means that he talks to the likes of the doctors and nurses present at untimely/unusual deaths, talks to people who were present where complaints have been made by families, and talks to the likes of the lawyers who are sometimes called in to deal with legal issues when the patient becomes aware they are likely to die (last minute wills/changes to wills).
IIRC part of his job is chasing up and preparing the paperwork including witness statements for inquests/legal etc.

His comment matches a lot of what I've seen Doctors and Nurses who've worked in ICU with vaccine refusers/covid deniers state when the patient realises that they are actually dying of the thing they didn't believe was real and think the vaccine might save them now*/regret not having had it.

*I think there are a very few slow acting things where if you're exposed there is a window when administering the vaccine (often at a higher dose than normal, or repeatedly over several days) can prime your immune system enough to at least give you a good chance (Rabies is the obvious one).

Last edited:
Soldato
The new strains are avoiding the old vaccinations.

This paper is talking about different T cell activity between the sexes, and how they match different sub sets of long covid symptoms.

I can confirm that partly , I had a booster in Oct2023 and COVID caught for the 1st time(known) Sunday off the wife also her 1st time . I might be at the limit for my booster and its seriously knocked me for 6 this heat has not helped :(

Man of Honour
From memory he works in the department that deals with legal issues etc from memory, which means that he talks to the likes of the doctors and nurses present at untimely/unusual deaths, talks to people who were present where complaints have been made by families, and talks to the likes of the lawyers who are sometimes called in to deal with legal issues when the patient becomes aware they are likely to die (last minute wills/changes to wills).
IIRC part of his job is chasing up and preparing the paperwork including witness statements for inquests/legal etc.

His comment matches a lot of what I've seen Doctors and Nurses who've worked in ICU with vaccine refusers/covid deniers state when the patient realises that they are actually dying of the thing they didn't believe was real and think the vaccine might save them now*/regret not having had it.

*I think there are a very few slow acting things where if you're exposed there is a window when administering the vaccine (often at a higher dose than normal, or repeatedly over several days) can prime your immune system enough to at least give you a good chance (Rabies is the obvious one).

Bang on Werewolf.
I also send out the Solicitors to witness the Wills.

We now have a new issue, we are now getting Staff PI Claims for PPE that wasn't suitable during the really bad Covid times in 2020 early 2021, this could be massive.
I think Ambulance Chasers are putting out adverts raising the issue, seen no evidence yet though but weird we've suddenly had several.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this is American data. But it clearly shows the debilitating effects of covid on the workforce.

Soldato
From what I've observed in the long hauler community is that it is rare to have long covid on the first infection early on.

But as we're gathering more knowledge it's becoming clear there is an accumulative effect of repeated infections.

My long covid came on the third infection.

On related news;

It’s Official: Long COVID Is a Chronic Disease. A new report from the Social Security Administration and the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine confirms that COVID can cause long-term illness and, for some, permanent disability. We spoke to one of the report’s leading scientists.

Back
Top Bottom