COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
As a stat in this wave (first positive about 2 weeks ago on return from Dubai which is apparently seeing a renaissance in our spiked circular friend) I had assumed just unlucky - however it is hitting the office again (most people 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time) so hopefully we have some iron clad resistance for a while. Major pain though is Mrs C was due to have an op, but policy is you have to wait 7 weeks after recovery which is a pain.

Caporegime
After 2.5 years of dodging it, we've both come down with covid (no doubt as a result of the cruise we just came back from).

Feels like a pretty rough flu, with all the associated bits, however the main difference is the sheer exhaustion we both have, just doing anything leaves me out of breath.

Time to sleep the day away.

Man of Honour
however the main difference is the sheer exhaustion we both have, just doing anything leaves me out of breath.

Weirdly that aspect can be quite bad for people who only get it mildly or even with no other symptoms - one of my colleagues said for 2 days they were just flat out on the sofa watching TV as it was too much effort to do even basic things but aside from testing positive they had no other symptoms except feeling a bit hot at night.

My grandad as well didn't have much in the way of symptoms, little bit of a sore throat, but was hit by the fatigue - though at 94 not surprising.

Associate
Still to this day, my wife and I have not knowingly had COVID.
Same. I also don't know anyone who's had anything worse than man flu symptoms from it. That's not me trying to say that no one has got seriously ill from it before any of the COVID enthusiasts get irate - just adding a bit of perspective.

Soldato
Still to this day, my wife and I have not knowingly had COVID.
Same here. Became unwell the Friday evening before the first lockdown. No test centres for 40/45 miles. No home test kits available when I went on the govt website.

Symptoms were extreme exhaustion, chest hurting like mad, coughing, pounding headache on left temple, weak and couldn’t taste mild things. Had 8 weeks off as tiredness was the main issue. Plus was advised to stay away aa asthmatic! Never going to get that again, being told to stay away from work due to my health! Went to bed at 8pm and woke up 8:30am with an hour’s kip in the day. Usually I sleep 6 hours

I say a minimum of half a million are in the same boat of did we have Covid or not.

Back
Top Bottom