COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
Problem is that LFTs are chargeable now. If people run out, they won’t bother buying any. So walking about got Covid without testing.

I would be the same - still got about 42 tests left
Arguably this is a fundamental part of the problem.

WHY did you feel the need to take 42+ tests for yourself?

That is no different to the morons "stockpiling" toilet paper etc... It is selfish, greedy and shows 0 care or consideration of others... Why did you even take the tests if you're going to be so inconsiderate to prevent others from being able to get any? You clearly don't give a **** about others.
You are literally causing the problem by denying other people of the tests.

So it seems that there is a possibility that one of the group had a positive test but felt fine so came anyway, that'd make more sense than so many of us getting it at the event.

What a knob, if true.
It's almost as if socializing in large groups after 2 years of a global pandemic was a really stupid idea, regardless of the regs.

ImShocked.jpg

Man of Honour
We've probably got about 40-50 left in my household - I was issued 2x boxes of 7 by work and similar for other people living here.

Soldato
Just happened that the pharmacists gave me kits on collecting my asthma medication and a van outside my work during the free LFTs days giving the kits away.

My dad’s gym sometimes had a table with LFTs by the entrance and got the odd box this way.

Man of Honour
It's almost as if socializing in large groups after 2 years of a global pandemic was a really stupid idea, regardless of the regs.

ImShocked.jpg

I think that's not quite fair. Humans are social creatures. 2 years of life being put on hold was a lot to ask. I'm not suggesting we go crazy and start licking everyone's faces and forget to wash our hands etc, but from the millions of people going back to London and other cities that I've been to in and out of the uk, theres been a palpable joy from people.

I and certainly the broad professional network I'm part of have seriously struggled without being able to go to meetings, interact, meet up or go to events etc.. now I know it's not for everyone, but I'd say a majority proportion do.

If anything large gatherings now are probably safer than they were as most people are vaccinated, are more mindful about washing hands but even if not, oppressing human interaction is not going to ever succeed. It's not purely down to selfish behaviour, it's an innate part of both societal constructs but a core human trait.

Soldato
I think that's not quite fair. Humans are social creatures. 2 years of life being put on hold was a lot to ask. I'm not suggesting we go crazy and start licking everyone's faces and forget to wash our hands etc, but from the millions of people going back to London and other cities that I've been to in and out of the uk, theres been a palpable joy from people.

I and certainly the broad professional network I'm part of have seriously struggled without being able to go to meetings, interact, meet up or go to events etc.. now I know it's not for everyone, but I'd say a majority proportion do.

If anything large gatherings now are probably safer than they were as most people are vaccinated, are more mindful about washing hands but even if not, oppressing human interaction is not going to ever succeed. It's not purely down to selfish behaviour, it's an innate part of both societal constructs but a core human trait.

It is the slow train to endemicism that we are on together with the whole world.

Associate
Just got back from a break at Centerparcs and was fine on the Friday but Saturday night started to feel really hot (37.8) and so this morning I did a LFT and i’m positive.

My wife was positive two weeks up to when we went away and I was ok so must have got it from around the pool area I suspect.

Soldato
Just got back from a break at Centerparcs and was fine on the Friday but Saturday night started to feel really hot (37.8) and so this morning I did a LFT and i’m positive.

My wife was positive two weeks up to when we went away and I was ok so must have got it from around the pool area I suspect.
Monday;s forecast is saying it will be 40c....

You have a aircon?

Soldato
Airconditioning is a major contributor to global warming and climate change. In addition it will hit you in the pocket.

The UK is in a temperate zone and does not need Airconditioning except for a few days a year

Could have fooled me. Iceland is what I'd consider nice temperatures, anything above 20c outside kills me.

Caporegime
Please don't take this the wrong way, but do you have a medical condition or something? 20c is mild and agreeable for most people.

I find it horribly warm too. 14 is a nice comfortable temperature. 16 is shorts and t-shirt time. 18 is getting uncomfortable.
Then again I am blonde, fair skinned and have blue eyes so you can probably guess where my ancestors came from and it ain't Malawi!

Man of Honour
I find it horribly warm too. 14 is a nice comfortable temperature. 16 is shorts and t-shirt time. 18 is getting uncomfortable.
Then again I am blonde, fair skinned and have blue eyes so you can probably guess where my ancestors came from and it ain't Malawi!

Ah you're an alien? :D

Fair enough I just find it quite surprising as the UK has had 20C+ regularly for centuries no doubt.

A bit off topic though apologies. On topic to a certain degree I guess air treatment in buildings is going to be something to consider in the future to ensure proper filtration etc.

Soldato
Please don't take this the wrong way, but do you have a medical condition or something? 20c is mild and agreeable for most people.

I do not, I just live in the north of Scotland and start to get annoyed at high temperatures. Bear in mind that 20c outside generally means quite a bit higher inside. I'm generally okay up to 25c and then past that I'm dead.

Man of Honour
I do not, I just live in the north of Scotland and start to get annoyed at high temperatures. Bear in mind that 20c outside generally means quite a bit higher inside. I'm generally okay up to 25c and then past that I'm dead.
Ah. That makes sense. Quite a shock for your part of the world especially if you've never acclimatised to warmer climates. Fair enough!

Hope you're not too badly affected and able to get through it ok.

Back
Top Bottom