Craig Charles the Crack Addict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wikipedia said:
According to Genius, the James Gleick biography, Richard Feynman experimented with LSD during his professorship at Caltech. Somewhat embarrassed by his actions, Feynman sidestepped the issue when dictating his anecdotes; consequently, the "Altered States" chapter in Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! describes only marijuana and ketamine experiences at John Lilly's famed sensory deprivation tanks, as a way of studying consciousness. Feynman gave up alcohol when he began to show early signs of alcoholism, as he did not want to do anything that could damage his brain.

Associate
Several pipes taken from Shakespeare's residence and dated to the seventeenth century have shown evidence of cocaine, Queen Victoria of England was also a cocaine user; The drug was first introduced to Europe in the 16th century.

Taken from Wikipedia

Soldato
mattbrown91 said:
Taken from Wikipedia

In that case, it's probably not true. Wikipedia is about as credible as asking a dog to regurtitate some facts.

It'll be interesting to see what, if any comment he makes about this - for the BBC and ITV to suspend him, they must believe that the allegations are likely to be true.

Whatever happens, I hope he gets help and sorts himself out.

Suspended
cleanbluesky said:
Yes, as their effects were discovered - whereas alcohol has had known effects for a LONG, LONG time

And what are the effects of Marijuana use? It maybe can bring out mentall illness, in those who are prone to it. Basically, people who are genetically disadvantaged. So we all have to suffer, because some people are messed up in the head.

Anyway, I feel bad for Craig Charles, and what he does in his own, private time, is quite frankly nobody else's ******* business.

Last edited:
Soldato
OllyM said:
In that case, it's probably not true. Wikipedia is about as credible as asking a dog to regurtitate some facts.

Whilst I take wiki articles with a pinch of salt, thats not techically true. A recent study showed it to be as accurate, if not more so than Encyclopedia Britannica.

Suspended
Garp said:
Whilst I take wiki articles with a pinch of salt, thats not techically true. A recent study showed it to be as accurate, if not more so than Encyclopedia Britannica.

Indeed. The biggest innacuracy surrounding Wikipedia is lazy criticism - I've found it to be a hell of a lot more complete (and accurate) than the sort of encyc you'd pay for - it really is the sum of human knowledge, for free.

Associate
What is Craig Charles' problem apart from the now media and possibly police attention? He successfully (debatable ;)) hosts his own radio show and stars in a national soap :confused:

Associate
Don't worry, he will keep his job and the useless police will investigate the claims. The CPS will not be able to determine the substance was a Class A drug.

:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If it's true then it's disappointing.

Regardless of the facts, it's awful journalism by the Mirror. The whole thing reads like an excerpt from a £1.99 novel plucked from the "Trashy Thrillers" section you get at airports. They seem to excel at this sort of thing.

Whilst what Charles has (possibly) done is illegal and antisocial, who made the Mirror moral guardians of society? Are they going to report me for cycling with no lights on last week? Or maybe they'd like to know that the guy over the road from me illegally sounded his horn at 4am last Wednesday.

Man of Honour
After the match tonight you're going to have 1000's of women being punched senseless by their husbands/boyfriends who've had to much alcohol.
You're going to have 1000's of other men being physically assaulted because of alcohol.
Craig Charles is only harming himself.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
After the match tonight you're going to have 1000's of women being punched senseless by their husbands/boyfriends who've had to much alcohol.
You're going to have 1000's of other men being physically assaulted because of alcohol.
Craig Charles is only harming himself.
No, drug dealers poke kittens eyes out too.

Think of the kittens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom