• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Soldato
I was not trying to show what a PC can do with the latest hardware and high res. More about how well the Xbox does considering a gaming PC from 2005 would not even run the game. I was just expecting a lot worse if I'm honest. It looks and runs like a mid spec PC version from now not 7 years ago.

I just think that is impressive.

Soldato
I was not trying to show what a PC can do with the latest hardware and high res. More about how well the Xbox does considering a gaming PC from 2005 would not even run the game. I was just expecting a lot worse if I'm honest. It looks and runs like a mid spec PC version from now not 7 years ago.

Its very impressive, makes you wonder what games are going to look like on the new consoles in a few years :)

Suspended
I thought the 360 version, although it looked very impressive for such old hardware, did look more washed out, and obviously lacked detail.

I'm quite looking forward to getting my hands on this at some point.

It did to me as well, very blurry and washed out.

The actual resolution rendered is probably 576P or even 420P up scaled to 720P

The fact that they used medium PC settings and 720P; far below what even a mainstream rig can do also makes it a bit skewed.

But Hay, lest not make Console Kids feel to bad, right? :D

Soldato

The thing is that Crysis was made for the console so it kinda had to run on it didn't it? Imo the only reason it even runs on the out dated hardware of consoles is due to all the memory saving techniques the coders have to use. And utilising the console fully at the end of it's life span really helps. But... if games developers could code for PC's instead of consoles the games we would have now would be far superior in quality than the ones we actually currently have tbh. Consoles do slow down the rate at which games are "evolving" as such. But thats mainly due to how fast new hardware/DirectX being released all the time.

Soldato
The thing is that Crysis was made for the console so it kinda had to run on it didn't it? Imo the only reason it even runs on the out dated hardware of consoles is due to all the memory saving techniques the coders have to use. And utilising the console fully at the end of it's life span really helps. But... if games developers could code for PC's instead of consoles the games we would have now would be far superior in quality than the ones we actually currently have tbh. Consoles do slow down the rate at which games are "evolving" as such. But thats mainly due to how fast new hardware/DirectX being released all the time.

We hopefully will see better things now the new generation of consoles are on the horizen

Soldato
We hopefully will see better things now the new generation of consoles are on the horizen

Not as good as they could be though. Have you ever taken a look at a PC only title compared to a console title that isnt ported to PC? the PC only title will use a lot more of your PC look a lot better and be a lot more efficient all over.

Associate
hi guys newbie to the forum .

been playing with a few settings, not sure if im actually doing it right but here goes.

SPEC:

Alienware Aurora R4 ALX

i7 3820 3.6ghx with turbo on
16gb Corsair in quad channel
Samsung 840 256GB SSD
GTX680
Titanium Xfi

when i was first using Precision X i was getting crashes on a stable overclock as the overclock i have is stable in all my games .

GPU overclocked +110mhz
Mem overclocked +500mhz

have not messed with any of the voltages as im not a brave overclocker ,i actually copied this overclock over on a overclock review .

now my problem is that when im not overclocking the game crashes after 10 mins or so , i even had it freeze and my player even running on the spot and then freeze .

but if i use the overclock it would then hang after about 30 mins , so i tried a little downclock on the GPU to just +100MHZ .

setting in game are are all very high with motion blur off.
with MSAA low (2x)

im getting around 50-60fps

Iv taken screen shots

if i take AA off and post processing, shading ,shadows to high i get a clear 90-100fps

all this is with Vsync off with it on i get upto 60fps

now why am i getting these readings if some of you guys cant get them ?

OSD is on and reads

GPU 1150MHZ, 82c ,99%
MEM 3505mhz, 1658mb

but with all these readings Prophet sometimes judders very slightly but i can put the game into very low graphics and still get like a judder ..is this because im using a 55in HX853 sony LED i wonder and its input lag ?

will post up some screen shots later .

Last edited:
Soldato
hi guys newbie to the forum .

been playing with a few settings, not sure if im actually doing it right but here goes.

SPEC:

Alienware Aurora R4 ALX

i7 3820 3.6ghx with turbo on
16gb Corsair in quad channel
Samsung 840 256GB SSD
GTX680
Titanium Xfi

when i was first using Precision X i was getting crashes on a stable overclock as the overclock i have is stable in all my games .

GPU overclocked +110mhz
Mem overclocked +500mhz

have not messed with any of the voltages as im not a brave overclocker ,i actually copied this overclock over on a overclock review .

now my problem is that when im not overclocking the game crashes after 10 mins or so , i even had it freeze and my player even running on the spot and then freeze .

but if i use the overclock it would then hang after about 30 mins , so i tried a little downclock on the GPU to just +100MHZ .

setting in game are are all very high with motion blur off.
with MSAA low (2x)

im getting around 50-60fps

Iv taken screen shots

if i take AA off and post processing, shading ,shadows to high i get a clear 90-100fps

all this is with Vsync off with it on i get upto 60fps

now why am i getting these readings if some of you guys cant get them ?

OSD is on and reads

GPU 1150MHZ, 82c ,99%
MEM 3505mhz, 1658mb

but with all these readings Prophet sometimes judders very slightly but i can put the game into very low graphics and still get like a judder ..is this because im using a 55in HX853 sony LED i wonder and its input lag ?

will post up some screen shots later .

What resolution are you running?

Associate
What resolution are you running?

Full res that my tv can handle ..1920x1080p

been having some fun with the game , im inside this indoor train yard and im getting smashed ,getting close to killing them all but fail lol ..frame rates are really good and only drop when im cloaked and they all fire at me ..seems very stable now ..so happy with this game its stunning to look at and thus the reason why i keep dieing lol .

I figured out if i can get to the top left i can nab the Cells grenade launcher ..

off to bed now will post some screen shots up later as i got the whole week off work .

im also using 360 controller on max sensitivity..
:D

Soldato
So how badly is Cryengine 3 causing silly FPS issues? xD

Apart from v-sync causing issues if turned on, nothing.

My 660 OC runs everything at max detail with the second option in SMAA, although i'm tempted to go with FSAA as it gave me a 5 fps increase and little difference visually. Minimum fps is 30 and max is 45 and i'm on the Dam level currently.

FYI, i use a 20" 1600x900 monitor with an i5 3570k at 4.4GHz.

Last edited:
Soldato
I brought and downloaded this yesterday! Ve it a quick go before bed, put all settings up except AA Had that on 4x.

So the training mission worked amazing (no details etc) and as soon as i got to the raining bit first mission it dropped to completely unplayable on those settings

Im running xfire 2gb 6950's, 8gb ram, i5 2500k

When i turned it off i checked drivers, im currently on 13.1. So will my issues be resolved with the latest beta driver or am i going to have to drop the settings more? My res is 1920x1080

Thanks! Cant wait to get home im just worried my system will dissapoint me :(

Soldato
I brought and downloaded this yesterday! Ve it a quick go before bed, put all settings up except AA Had that on 4x.

So the training mission worked amazing (no details etc) and as soon as i got to the raining bit first mission it dropped to completely unplayable on those settings

Im running xfire 2gb 6950's, 8gb ram, i5 2500k

When i turned it off i checked drivers, im currently on 13.1. So will my issues be resolved with the latest beta driver or am i going to have to drop the settings more? My res is 1920x1080

Thanks! Cant wait to get home im just worried my system will dissapoint me :(

I'd guess high settings, v-sync off and maybe FSAA?

Soldato
Ahh ok :( will probably still look nice i bet, im not desperate for 60fps mind, as long as it doesnt drop below 30 ill be happy!

Maybe showing i need to upgrade ir something then

I would upgrade if i had to settle for medium settings in games, high is acceptable in my opinion.

It's why i use a 20" 1600x900 monitor, i can run games at max detail, plus it's less draining on the wallet.

Soldato
I would upgrade if i had to settle for medium settings in games, high is acceptable in my opinion.

It's why i use a 20" 1600x900 monitor, i can run games at max detail, plus it's less draining on the wallet.

Yea good point, so far it runs all games ive thrown at it on max so maybe not just yet then :)

May try a lower res maybe

Soldato
I have turned v-sync off and forced it off in the catalyst control panel and the game runs perfect on very high at 1440p. It tears a bit but runs miles better.

Back
Top Bottom