CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

I think I am pretty certain that it's going to happen.

I just want more info for TDi North and Mugen now really. And I want to track down one that is already SC'ed to see what they are actually like to drive.

Interesting that Mugen iCF mention internals though. Would yours be the first converted one?

The CRZ RZ looks good in Japan. Wonder if they can be imported :P

The RZ defiantely can, I have seen them at jap auctions. JMimports do a lot of those.

However the cost would be insane, as they are limited edition and then there's the whole import process and insurance afterwards.

No there are a few Mugen Katana CRZs around. Phoenix honda had a Sport spec 2011 in black with full mugen kit, wheels and SC not long ago and was up for 22K with only 2000 miles, quoting 200BHP.

The Mugen iCF (the orange one) is alittle more extreme with more of a race car feel to it with lightened doors, roof, bonnet and racing seats etc. Seems that more effort has been put into making it more track focussed despite what they say in their PR. As most video reviews for car reviewers have said this.

Ultimately 200BHP in my CRZ would be fantastic. Would have a genuine hot hatch feel (good power with light weight) without becoming a "new age" hot hatch where you have to be at 300BHP and 1500KG to be a player.

I may change the wheels at some point from Rotas to Enkies or OZ, basically something more premium and go for 17"s to accomodate the extra power.

Looks like the engine won't take the power of a supercharger thought. If you read between the lines of the Mugen version.

It will though, as the Supercharger kit I am getting is not identical to the iCF Mugen concept as that was bespoke.

Add to that owners have had cars from honda and mugen running 200bhp with this very kit.

The car retains both the Honda IMA electric motor and the original 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine, which has been rebuilt to Mugen specification with bespoke upgraded and strengthened internal components.

Mugen stripped and rebuilt the engine to enhance durability and reliability under increased loads and added supercharged forced induction to provide more horsepower and a flatter ascending torque curve.

Hmm. Forged?

The iCF was the planned Mugen Dealer fit upgrade for the UK at similar money, so i guess that would have stuck with stock internals. Not quite the RR orange one. The iCF did however as concept form had 50kg of weight taken off. need to get into yank forums to get some decent experience stuff.

Just looked on Honda used to see if any SC versions were on there.

Seems cheapest Honda is just over £7k. Tempting :cool:

Well if I had cash i would supercharge.
You know why ??

Cause there probably is like 5 supercharged CRZs in UK.
Been around donnington with you and its a gr8 ride besides total lack of hp !!! With 200hp it could be as fast as my dc2 :)

I was so close to SC my EG6 but moved was out of job and sold JRSC kit :( Still madfe extra 300 pounds on importing it from usa :D

Last edited:
These kind of posts always end this way. It's almost always pointless as the only thing that really matters is what Nath wants in a car and most of you don't know him well enough.

The reason the CRZ has been such a good car is that it ticks 3 very important boxes for Nath.

1 - It's different and looks very cool.

2 - It's very economical (fuel, road tax, insurance).

3 - It's utterly reliable.

It's actually much more than that because it's quite nippy and comfortable too. It's an excellent package.

Nearly everything suggested in this thread fails at least one of those tests and quite a few are not comfortable at all. Take the GT86 for example. I was seriously thinking of buying one of these cars as a daily runaround and was so disappointed with the way it drove. Put it on a track with double the power and it makes sense, but on the road with a peaky engine, hard suspension and cheap interior finish and it's a disaster.

An S2000 would be even more ridiculous. Whilst I appreciate the cult following of this car it doesn't stack up at all to Nath's requirements at all.

Points 2 and 3 will be a bit null if he supercharged it.

GT86 was designed with budget in mind, so isn't going to be amazing inside.

Don't think you'd call the S2000 a cult followed car. Its just genuinely very good, especially for the price you pay (starting from less than just the upgrade Nath is thinking about).

Points 2 and 3 will be a bit null if he supercharged it.

Super charging doesn't impact economy much. 40mpg is still possible.

Reliability isn't an issue either, otherwise the mugen charger.wouldn't be available as a factory option.

Back
Top Bottom