CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

Super charging doesn't impact economy much. 40mpg is still possible.

Reliability isn't an issue either, otherwise the mugen charger.wouldn't be available as a factory option.

You're still adding another factor which can effect reliability, would this SC come with the same warranty that it would have had from new?

Get a lexus gs430h. Hybrid, 300+ hp, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 55mpg. Ultra comfortable. Mark Levinson hifi. Win

Get a lexus gs430h. Hybrid, 300+ hp, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 55mpg. Ultra comfortable. Mark Levinson hifi. Win

test drove the new shape GS450 last year, great car obviously way outta my price league. Didn't quick was very refined, handled like a boat and CVT was annoying.

real world economy on the big engined Lexus Hybrids is renowned for being poor too. I found the GS250 much more fun to drive.

Couldn't you take the engine and all the hybridness out, put a K20 in it instead? 200hp N/A and in a light CRZ it might do 40mpg?

Would be the only k20 crz in the world, how is that for rare? :P

You are not going to be getting 55mpg from a GS430H. These cars are more about quiet and efficient town usage and winning at the fuel economy tests, they are not genuine 55+ mpg cars. BMW's ActiveHybrid 3/5 are the same.

Some quick research on honda forums tells me that the CRZ has a bad power/weight ratio with all the "IME" batteries, that people have considered supercharging but feel there is little point, a K20 conversion is the way to go to save 200lb of IME tech AND will be faster.

Just don't see the point in a supercharger to be honest. Unless you do K20 + supercharger :D

Also apparently real world figures suggest a CRZ only does 37mpg before adding a supercharger.

Its IMA and the batteries are 18kg.... 200lb.... LOL. Dont make your research so quick next time.

So no idea what you are refering to as the K20 is significantly heavier than the LEA, including the fact the K20 also has an alternator.

Not sure what real world figures are for when Nath already has a CRZ. If its HondaTech that would be US 37mpg which is pretty good!

Its IMA and the batteries are 18kg.... 200lb.... LOL. Dont make your research so quick next time.

So no idea what you are refering to as the K20 is significantly heavier than the LEA, including the fact the K20 also has an alternator.

Not sure what real world figures are for when Nath already has a CRZ. If its HondaTech that would be US 37mpg which is pretty good!

I'm currently averaging 47MPG up from my previosu 38MPG as I'm using the motorway to commute now rather than more A & B roads.

And lol at the 200lb battery weight.

Back
Top Bottom