CS:GO Discussion

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Rubbish if truth be told, Maybe worth a fiver at best.

Looks and plays like a 5 year old game. The sound is awful with lack of precision. The graphics are poor, animation is laughable. CS needs to be brought kicking and screaming into the world of DX11 ASAP.

Hardcore SnD in COD does it much better.

Associate
Feels anciently old to me. Poor graphics, poor animation, poor lighting, poor controls (no iron sights... yes I know this is CS but still. Move with the times! We're all far too used to IS now through BF/COD etc.). Sounds are average. Maps are average. Just feels like a point upgrade to the original CS:S to me.

Soldato
well i think its quite good tbh,random spray patterns and odd scopes make it quite funny/rageing? im sure you have all bought games before that are in the category of dog**** and paid premium prices, well this is beta so i expect some things to suck but valve are boss tbh as long as they dont go down the same road as dice or activision or treyarch then i could forgive them for anything literally. and still love source <3

making recoil patterns completely random defeats the whole purpose of competitive play. What's the point in being the best if random spray pattern means you will never be able to master the game, it then comes down to luck.

Zzzzzzz It's why Quake 3/UT destroy everything as a competitive fps. True skill to play.

Associate
Counter Strike has problems in general. The old players want 1.6. They won't accept anything else. 1.6 is what they have played in the past and they just want the same game with new graphics which just flat out isn't going to happen.

But, the devs aren't willing to change a thing to make it a better game, because they are too scared of upsetting the vets who just want 1.6 anyway.

So you end up with a game that the vets don't like because they want 1.6 and new players don't like because it looks like a mod from 13 years ago that hasn't changed in any way.

One thing about game design and game sequels and stuff is that sequels are always iterative. They always make an effort to improve upon their predecessors. Counter Strike really doesn't and hasn't, they are just looking for the same lost game from another era.

Permabanned
making recoil patterns completely random defeats the whole purpose of competitive play. What's the point in being the best if random spray pattern means you will never be able to master the game, it then comes down to luck.

Zzzzzzz It's why Quake 3/UT destroy everything as a competitive fps. True skill to play.

You mean you don't want it to be realistic? Spray patterns were always stupid.

Especially seeing as any pro team will tell you killing the enemy team is usually second to the objective.

Soldato

Especially seeing as any pro team will tell you killing the enemy team is usually second to the objective.

Killing the enemy team being second to the objective doesn't mean that they have to have this dog **** random recoil.

Associate
Had a go of this for the first time last night. It's woeful, another major disappointment and I can't see why any 1.6 player would move across.

The recoil is completely random and the gun models do not help with the feeling of recoil. The movement is pretty awful and feels really unresponsive - it feels like you are floating, also is there any air acceleration at all? Switching to nades is so slow and the FB is hilarious because combined with sky boxes it means it's a guaranteed death. The molotov adds nothing to the game, it's hilarious as a T to just throw a molotov at a planted bomb and watch the CT's as they have no chance of defusing or retaking the site. Also no duck jumping is rubbish.

I hate the redeveloped maps, much like I did in CSS. It's so annoying when you are strafing to be stopped by a plant pot or some piece of random terrain that has no requirement to be there. One of the great things about 1.x was the minimalistic nature of the maps where boxes were there for the purposes of cover, the open areas worked well with the way flashbangs worked back then. I've never understood why boxes or simple objects cannot suffice in CSS and now CS:GO. What is the stupid haze which makes it difficult to see in the distance as well, completely unnecessary as well as the scoped in blur.

Soldato

I expect the weapon to handle in a consistent way. You think the army in real life are using weapons that react in a completely random way whenever you use them? lol. No, they are trained to use controlled burst fire, so that they are accurate. The longer you hold the trigger down the higher the recoil and the harder to control. But this should be a pretty standard pattern that can be learned and with lots and lots of practise, mastered.

No idea what you mean by second to the objective. Still need the guns to be accurate so it's a skill game and not throw a coin in the air and hopefully the bullet goes where you want it.

Associate
No idea what you mean by second to the objective. Still need the guns to be accurate so it's a skill game and not throw a coin in the air and hopefully the bullet goes where you want it.

Seconded, CS is slow paced and most rounds usually start with someone making a pick which usually results in your team pushing that area or waiting for a rotation and going to the other site. Not mindlessly zerging the objective.

One of the best parts in CS are the meta-games of 1vs1, 2vs2, and 3vs3 where the outcomes are based on the most part due to skill.

Associate
I think someone forgot CS:CZ......

CZ was actually better to 1.6 in a few ways but was essentially the same game, it was only worse because the community never embraced it. When CZ first came out it was marketed with it's crappy single player mode - nobody was gonna fork out full-price for that and then the same game that they've already got but probably paid nothing for.

I know a few top level 1.6ers who followed the general consensus of CZ being rubbish but dragged them on it for a few wars. The only problem was it was too easy because what was considered high-skilled in CZ was only considered mid-skilled in 1.6 and vice versa. I remember someone organised a sort of fun cup with 6 top SGL 1.6 clans playing a CZ tourney and almost all of them conceded it felt like a smoother, better game but wouldn't play it because there was no competitive scene (skill-wise or money-wise). Besides, we all know how elitist us old-school 1.6 players can get.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I like the counter stike source beta. The graphics seem better and it plays just like normal cs. I want to try cs:go so i can compare it. as someone who played cs from beta 4. I have seen cs change a lot of the years.

beta 5.2 was still my favorite when the m4 was called a colt carbine and had a zoom. the mp5 was realy powerful also. The awp did not have that big crosshair.

Back
Top Bottom