CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Just no to iron sights, it is not a case of moving with the times,no no no no NO!
It makes aiming far to easy with just about every single weapon otherwise. When you have an SMG with no scope you do not hold the gun to your face to look down the sights do you? No, you do not. That is what would happen if you added iron sights. You would be holding the gun up to your face and against your cheek to aim down the barrel. Don't be so stupid.

The game is more even when you do not have that advantage as only rifles have scopes, as it should be.

Associate
Just no to iron sights, it is not a case of moving with the times,no no no no NO!
It makes aiming far to easy with just about every single weapon otherwise. When you have an SMG with no scope you do not hold the gun to your face to look down the sights do you? No, you do not. That is what would happen if you added iron sights. You would be holding the gun up to your face and against your cheek to aim down the barrel. Don't be so stupid.

The game is more even when you do not have that advantage as only rifles have scopes, as it should be.

Well SMGs do have iron sights... I assume they're there to look down.

I don't agree that ADS in games is easier than crosshairs anyway - the weapon then obscures part of your screen, which doesn't happen with crosshairs.

Associate
Gotta say I'm really enjoying it! Prefer it a million times more than CS:S. Was never able to get into that for some reason. Feels much more like 1.6 to me? But I've only ever been a casual CS player so maybe i'm imaging it.

Soldato
Well SMGs do have iron sights... I assume they're there to look down.

I don't agree that ADS in games is easier than crosshairs anyway - the weapon then obscures part of your screen, which doesn't happen with crosshairs.

In general, most games that have ADS also have laughably low recoil (e.g. CoD series, and to an extent, BF3 I guess).

There is such a big reason as to why us 1.6ers just want a graphic update because that's all it needs.

It somewhat pains me to say this, but at the end of the day, Valve is a company that exists to make money by producing video games. If it was a simple 1.6 reskin, they are appealing to a tiny fraction of the market, and may not sell enough units to bother producing it in the first place.

I am in favour of keeping core game play mechanics that give CS its identity, but in some areas it's got to move forward or be left behind.

An example, though I'm not sure it's the best one would the the SC1/BW transition to SC2 - kept core gameplay mechanics, yet produced a new game that was refreshing.

IMHO one of the areas that needs addressing is the whole 'use Deag/AK/M4/AWP/Gali/MP5 or get killed otherwise'. The other weapons are simply not that great to use - who buys the UMP45 unless they are ****ing around? :p

Caporegime
I think I played a map or two when UKCS were running it one evening. Whether it was the whole experience or just part of it, I don't know. It seemed fine to me.

Associate
IMHO one of the areas that needs addressing is the whole 'use Deag/AK/M4/AWP/Gali/MP5 or get killed otherwise'. The other weapons are simply not that great to use - who buys the UMP45 unless they are ****ing around? :p

Don't forget the FAMAS.

Also, i liked that aspect of the game. With only a handful of guns being useful, and those that weren't extremely underpowered - it meant that people had to learn to use the guns to be decent. Someone who's been playing CS for a week with an AK at dust2 long A would get smashed by a decent player regardless of gun. All the main guns required skill. If they brought the other SMGs up to the balance of the rest of the guns then experience won't count for as much. Using the **** guns to assert your superiority was a great part of the game imo. It's bad enough that the good guns sprays appear to be somewhat random, let alone having the crapper ones suddenly twice as powerful and pretty much shooting in a straight line even when running. It feels like a casual deathmatch game now with not as much skill involved. So very disappointed with it. :(

I want an FPS to play and really wanted this game to get me back into CS but it's flaws are just ridiculous. It's about as good as the XBOX version that came out a while back. Eugh.

Associate
I'm quite enjoying the beta, although I find my self playing demolition games the most which is mostly down to the fact that I mostly play gun-game on CS:S

My only criticisms so far are cosmetic ones: most of the gun models look horrible and some gun sounds are a bit odd, I don't really know how to describe them...

I'll probably play some proper games later today to get a fuller opinion

edit: I don't know how I forgot this but my biggest criticism is the buy menu wheel, the old flat list feels much better

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
The problem for Valve is that you have the fanbois who just want 1.6 reskinned, and think thats the best game ever.

Then you have everyone else, who looks at CS in general and thinks its reasonably outdated, and wants something new for CS:GO.

Associate
The problem for Valve is that you have the fanbois who just want 1.6 reskinned, and think thats the best game ever.

Then you have everyone else, who looks at CS in general and thinks its reasonably outdated, and wants something new for CS:GO.

I don't see why they can't please (almost) everyone. Keep the general movement / weapon mechanics and feel of the weapons, offer the same game modes as before, but update the graphics and offer additional new game modes.

Associate
CSProMod shows it's possible. If that project had professionally developed backing and money, a great game could be created. A few new modes and the game would be fresh again. It can't be that ****ing hard.

Associate
CS:Go is a really weird one. Everyone seems very excited about it, simply because of the fact it's a Counter Strike game... but it is very, very bad. It's actually sub-standard even in comparison to modern-day rubbish FPS games. It's hilariously bad. It's embarrassing that it even carries the CS brand. It's like comparing CoD1/2 to CoD MW3. It's bad. Don't get your hopes up.

Permabanned
Its not a proper CS game, its like saying rainbow six vegas is a proper rainbow six game because its got the name in the title.

We'll be going back to CSS after this mild diversion has been uninstalled from our hard drives.

Back
Top Bottom