CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Why is it so bad?

I admit I was never really a CSS player however I did dable in some 1.6 way back, and to me the game feels better then CSS hard to explain but less floaty if that makes sense, also the shooting feels responsive there also seems to be some skill involved with the recoil.

I'm not sure what could ever please CSS/CS1.6 players.

I think the main problem is trying to name any FPS CS ever again, it will never work and I think valve will learn their lesson with this and never attempt a reboot ever again.

Soldato
Why is it so bad?

I admit I was never really a CSS player however I did dable in some 1.6 way back, and to me the game feels better then CSS hard to explain but less floaty if that makes sense, also the shooting feels responsive there also seems to be some skill involved with the recoil.

I'm not sure what could ever please CSS/CS1.6 players.

I think the main problem is trying to name any FPS CS ever again, it will never work and I think valve will learn their lesson with this and never attempt a reboot ever again.

just so you know valve arent developing it hidden path are , and 1.6 players and "pro" players can moan how bad it is all they like considering valve aimed it at 1.6 and css players intending it to replace all older verisons of cs for a new competitive one

Last edited:
Soldato
Just no to iron sights, it is not a case of moving with the times,no no no no NO!

Thank you! Iron sights are the devil and have been dumbing down PC shooters for too many years now. They're fine for consoles as aiming with a joypad is slow and it's difficult to track fast moving targets, but we're the PC gaming elite. We don't need fps to be slow camp fests thank you very much - we can have games that require aiming skills :p

Associate
From what i have seen of it (Screenshots/game play etc) it looks pretty good. Been dieing to try it out...

Only problem is i don't have it and have been waiting in high hopes that Valve would bless me with a Beta Key since i did their survey months ago. Still waiting :(

I know it's not a guarantee doing the survey. would have just been nice to try it out though. I have tried everywhere on the net to get a key but i'm just unlucky it seems.

If anyone does happen to know where i may be able to get a key or has one spare. Please gimmi a shout via my Steam profile. Thanks :)

Permabanned
Thank you! Iron sights are the devil and have been dumbing down PC shooters for too many years now. They're fine for consoles as aiming with a joypad is slow and it's difficult to track fast moving targets, but we're the PC gaming elite. We don't need fps to be slow camp fests thank you very much - we can have games that require aiming skills :p
I'm another one who despises iron sights.

The concept that looking through iron sights = better aim doesn't make sense in gaming terms.

In real life, looking through iron sights would improve aim because you have a bead on your target, but it doesn't make sense in games because we aim with the crosshair.

To have a bead on your target with the crosshair, then having to go to iron sight view to more likely get the kill is just bad thinking development wise.

If I've locked down my target with the ever present crosshair, then having to use iron sight view is just a illogical step.

Iron sights in games = not logical, should not improve aim more than using the ever present crosshair.

Pc exclusives should definetely not use this system designed for better handling using inprecise console controls.

Last edited:
Associate
From what i have seen of it (Screenshots/game play etc) it looks pretty good. Been dieing to try it out...

Only problem is i don't have it and have been waiting in high hopes that Valve would bless me with a Beta Key since i did their survey months ago. Still waiting :(

I know it's not a guarantee doing the survey. would have just been nice to try it out though. I have tried everywhere on the net to get a key but i'm just unlucky it seems.

If anyone does happen to know where i may be able to get a key or has one spare. Please gimmi a shout via my Steam profile. Thanks :)

I wish I could gift you my beta, I did get a spare key and gave it to someone who hasn't even downloaded it and played it :mad: so it's gone to waste.

Associate
I wish I could gift you my beta, I did get a spare key and gave it to someone who hasn't even downloaded it and played it :mad: so it's gone to waste.

Well thank you anyway. And more or less all my friends have it and never play it. And some of them have said they wished they'd of passed it on to me because they know i would have played it and supplied feedback.

Oh well i'll just keep everything crossed that a key comes my way some day :)

Soldato
I have a key, I will happily give it to you on the condition you repay me with a Planetside2 or Shootmania beta key if one swings your way. :)

Associate
I have a key, I will happily give it to you on the condition you repay me with a Planetside2 or Shootmania beta key if one swings your way. :)

Of course i would. I have no plan to play either of those but i would certainly keep an eye out for either key for them to pass on to you by all means :)

Associate
Who was that addressed to m4rk84?

Yeh it was

All the none source players are showing themselves up here :D

And what do you mean? I've played Source since day one of it coming out. Played 1.6 from the start of release also until Source hit. Love them both, which is why i am so keen to get my hands on CS:GO beta before it's release. Which i will buy for sure also no matter what reviews other people give of it. I make my own mind up :)

Last edited:
Associate
No I ment, who was he addressing, because I asked just before you did, just wanted to clear things up.

Oh right. Got ya.

Like i've said i'd love to get my hands on it but i'm certainly not going to push the queue if someone is in before me. I'm a gent and i've waited this long already ;)

Soldato
As far as I can tell Dist asked for a key first on post #106 Sicko unless I'm mistaking something?

Looked back through the thread and didn't see any other post from you, let me know if I'm mistaken.

Edit: Key is gone to Digit. Happy Fraggin dude :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom