Culinary Disasters

Caporegime
My mum once bought one of those 'rise in the oven' pizzas years ago. She decided not to use a baking tray and put it straight on the shelf. 20 minutes later she opens the oven to find the pizza has drooped through the bars of the shelf and pretty much glued itself to every available surface. Took her hours to clean the oven and she still gets ribbed about it to this day :D

Hahahaha I did that very same thing when I ws much younger, my mum wasn't happy at spending hours picking pizza off the cooker grills. :D

Soldato
My worse was when I was first starting out cooking steak (2nd year uni) and I've always liked my steak rare/blue but I cooked a piece of questionable steak streak from the fridge to be blue, it was very very cold in the middle but not to be out done I ate it out of stubborness and then went away to amsterdam for the weekend, was pretty ill off the steak for the trip there :(.

Pink peptobismal(sp?) sick was funny tho.

KaHn

Zip

Zip

Soldato
My worse was when I was first starting out cooking steak (2nd year uni) and I've always liked my steak rare/blue but I cooked a piece of questionable steak streak from the fridge to be blue, it was very very cold in the middle but not to be out done I ate it out of stubborness and then went away to amsterdam for the weekend, was pretty ill off the steak for the trip there :(.

Pink peptobismal(sp?) sick was funny tho.

KaHn

That will learn ya for not cooking like it should be.

Medium Rare:cool:

Soldato
That will learn ya for not cooking like it should be.

Medium Rare:cool:

No just teach me to learn how to cook steak blue, leave to warm to room temperature for about an hr before hand, cook sides quickly in a griddle about 1min on a 2" steak, cook the sides and then cook in the oven for the required finish.

KaHn

Caporegime
Culinary Disasters

photo.php
6174_120489984636_514654636_2170943_1850460_n.jpg

:|

Soldato
one thing I do a lot more often than I'd like to, is making a cup of tea somehow WITHOUT putting the kettle on

as soon as I pour, I go :/

I know a lass who got annoyed because the bath was taking so long to fill up then realised she had forgot to put the plug in :p

KaHn

Associate
fan oven, and i've always been told for baking, you get the oven pretty damn hot, and put them on the top shelf, but with fan ovens, it doesn't matter as it's circulated

Mine is fan assisted and it really does make a difference what shelf you put the food on at different temps. Like if I put a cake too high top burns, too low bottom burns.

Permabanned
I tried to make flapjacks a while ago and tried to use the posh jumbo oats and ended up with what looked like loose, greasy, baked breakfast cereal.

One good outcome, though, was when the oven broke down while I was trying to bake a whole salmon. Instead, we wrapped it really well in more foil and put it in the dishwasher on a hot cycle.

Associate
Housemate was making mulled wine, picked up the SAXA salt instead of sugar....

He also decided to microwave a homemade crumble, sounds fine, but it was in a takeaway style metal container. It worked!

Mass spag bol with about 10 friends, we were making monster portions, everything seemed well but the pasta failed, some people got ok stuff, others got rocks => Don't use a huge pan for spag!

Associate
cumberland sausage ring, put on baking tray, put in oven wait>check>wait>eat

That was the basic chronology of the process, except i missed the ' check ' part and proceeded directly to ' open oven to discover some funny chap/chapess has replaced the delicious looking cumberland ring with a rather large charcoal turd '

booooo

my dinner that night consisted of buttered bread and cold heinz beanz:)

Back
Top Bottom