• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I haven't checked for indirect lighting yet but definitely ray traced reflections are working in Windows 7 and it allows me to enable all the options for ray tracing.

Unfortunately because it uses DX12 for Windows 7 I can't check framerate in 7 but feels around 30-40 FPS with everything on ultra - doesn't support DLSS in 7.
Thing is, if some of the people here are be believed and there is no difference between RT on and off, maybe it is not working and you just think it is? :p

Permabanned
EDIT: Something I found amusing MS, CDPR and nVidia made a big deal about how ray tracing via DX12 baked in for Windows 7 doesn't support the features, etc. needed and it won't work - someone I think slipped up as with the latest patch it works fine on Windows 7 - bet it quietly gets patched back out again later while still keeping up the facade that you need Windows 10 and DX12u for it.

I seem to remember MS doing the same thing with Bioshock 2 siting shader versions. It could have been Windows 2000 and WinXP at the time if anyone remembers?

Associate
I'm playing with a i7700k and a EVGA 3090. With 4k ultra settings, ray tracing medium and DLSS quality I get 45fps.

I don't see much difference with those people running newer CPU's. I guess anything above 1440p is more GPU demanding?

Caporegime
I'm playing with a i7700k and a EVGA 3090. With 4k ultra settings, ray tracing medium and DLSS quality I get 45fps.

I don't see much difference with those people running newer CPU's. I guess anything above 1440p is more GPU demanding?

I use similar settings, albeit with Ultra Ray traced lighting but no Ray traced shadows and get about the same on 5900x and 3090 Strix OC.

Yay for G-sync.

Soldato
Look here how a normal shadow looks in a sunny day:

And some clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXAVw6k8l8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzzmivf50E8
But again, not a big deal. It is expected for a game to cut some corners, it is bad when it cuts too many corners but it is praised for being "realistic".
This clearly shows that rt is not as realistic and accurate as some make it out to be.

:D

RT On

RT Off

Both are horrible but with RT on the white paint is no longer visible.
The game is hobbled with stuff like this throughout the game. This is why RT isn't that important.

And did he purposely disable ambient occlusion and self shadowing just to see it on RT? Because it's noticeably missing in the RT OFF screenshot.
Which is why I said both look horrible. But at least one didn't come at the performance cost of the other.

Permabanned
This clearly shows that rt is not as realistic and accurate as some make it out to be.

Which is why I said both look horrible. But at least one didn't come at the performance cost of the other.

What do you mean by horrible?

RT is physically realistic, that you cannot deny. What you can say is you prefer a more fantasy look, or even less use of legacy render methods. I've already shown by example how shadow behaves in this kind of setting. There are plenty of pictures to be found on google showing sun bleached road surfaces.

Several pages back we went through a discussion of how bad the water was when compared to The Witcher 3, but checking water around New York shows CP2077 to be far more realistic than we realised.

Associate
Looks like half-resolution screen space reflections.
Good thing it came out before Jensen invented RTX because DF would have talked about RT in this game for a month.
Still amazing for a game made in 2013. And it looked and run better on PS3 than CP does on PS4. :D

Associate
Several pages back we went through a discussion of how bad the water was when compared to The Witcher 3, but checking water around New York shows CP2077 to be far more realistic than we realised.
Compare your RT water with this one from a game made almost 8 years ago.

Permabanned
Good thing it came out before Jensen invented RTX because DF would have talked about RT in this game for a month.
Still amazing for a game made in 2013. And it looked and run better on PS3 than CP does on PS4. :D

If only we could compare against a RT version. The problem is that most games today are still using the same old techniques. Let's not have the consoles hold back PC gaming anymore. Time to move on, time to upgrade.

Associate
If only we could compare against a RT version. The problem is that most games today are still using the same old techniques. Let's not have the consoles hold back PC gaming anymore. Time to move on, time to upgrade.
What RT version why do you need RT? That game looks amazing as it is and the water reflections are better than the RT version in Cyberpunk. By a lot. :)

Permabanned
What RT version why do you need RT? That game looks amazing as it is and the water reflections are better than the RT version in Cyberpunk. By a lot. :)

Technically no. This is just SSR with all its limitations. It can only reflect what is on screen. Yes it's good enough to fool you and fits well with the art work, but it's time to move on to better things.

Compare RT in games to actual photos then compare these other games.

Soldato
What do you mean by horrible?

RT is physically realistic, that you cannot deny. What you can say is you prefer a more fantasy look, or even less use of legacy render methods. I've already shown by example how shadow behaves in this kind of setting. There are plenty of pictures to be found on google showing sun bleached road surfaces.

Res ipsa loquitur comes to mind as the photos do speak for themselves. Its clear that what you think is good is nothing more then your bias for nvidia. As long as it comes from them it is "realistic" and "accurate". Even when proven wrong by your own photos.

Associate
Technically no. This is just SSR with all its limitations. It can only reflect what is on screen. Yes it's good enough to fool you and fits well with the art work, but it's time to move on to better things.

Compare RT in games to actual photos then compare these other games.

Did you watched the 2nd clip? You will see that not only what is on screen gets reflected. The problem with RT reflections are that they are not good enough to fool me. :)

Permabanned
Res ipsa loquitur comes to mind as the photos do speak for themselves. Its clear that what you think is good is nothing more then your bias for nvidia. As long as it comes from them it is "realistic" and "accurate". Even when proven wrong by your own photos.

What photos? Please link what you are referring to.

(BTW. Again with the Nvidia hate? Really?)

Back
Top Bottom