• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Would I notice a significant difference if I went to performance?

Can stick it on auto and it will try and hold 60 FPS though you will notice it dropping quality in places with softer distant graphics and/or more obvious trails behind certain objects. Personally I'd rather play like that though than turn RT off.

I would turn off chromatic aberration, film grain and depth of field - doesn't really gain much performance wise but they add nothing to this game and just seem to have been slapped in to tick off features rather than used in a way to enhance the visuals.

Just to add to this, someone over on reddit decided to plot the average 1440p results on a per game basis. Ignore the blue line. Depending on what games you cherry pick you can form any conclusion you want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kog7z2/6800_xt_vs_3080_game_age_scatterplot_17_sources/

Wwj2TDb.png

HU unboxed get... see image. 6800xt/6900xt ahead at 1080p. https://youtu.be/nxQ0-QtAtxA?t=507 The 6800xt even beats the 3090 but my data shows it cant even beat the 3080, my data is not great but its still like system vs like system (I did not think about how I collected the data, I just went from random review to random review and added the games not available in the last review. I tried to use sources with languages I did not understand and just copied the results from the easy to understand tables). Maybe I could use error bars and an average for all website but I get the feeling some websites are padding the AMD score.

This has already been done for 4k. https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/jwn8p2/amd_radeon_rx_6800_6800_xt_4k_performance_of_17/
I guess I could add https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-AMD-RX-6800-XT/4080vs4089

As many game as one could find, AMD 6800xt average fps drops well below Nvidia 3080. NVidia on average 15fps higher.

Performance summary NVidia 3080 FE 100% and AMD 6800xt 91% @ 1080p. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt/35.html shows 6% between the 3080 FE and 6800xt stock. 3080 ahead at 1080p. So adding much more benchmarks does not change the techpowerup result. The 3080 is faster than the 6800xt @ 1080p in raster and DXR games.

Sources.

Also resizable bar is rumored as good for Intel systems, so in future Intel cpu could see a nice bump in performance. https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/resizable-bar-intel-z490-motherboard-benchmarks

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, that quest situation was the only time I actually wanted RT Reflections on (without the side-by-sides), so I was wondering how big the difference really was. Not as large as I expected, but it's gonna be greater in motion I guess.

And that game is meant to be the next graphics benchmark according to some? 0_o

The flying car looks a lot better in game. CP2077 doesn't make every reflective surface mirror like. Maybe an art decision as you wouldn't expect it to in reality. Glass reflects as expected...

Lq1q7nQ.jpg
EsVRxSm.jpg

qSiH9wr.jpg
R4lb0Ly.jpg

y1vUo5L.jpg
yukYWwC.jpg

OzYdp3M.jpg
12Oxxze.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the game at the weekend with no major issues or bugs. RT worked fine for most of the game, only found one area where there was major slowdown coming out of one of the ripperdocks in a part of the city with a lot of windows and reflections. Only time I disabled it was for the last race which started close to that area.

Had to save and reload a few times to fix non graphics bugs but that was it really, never had to restart the whole game to fix them.

Thing I'm struggling with now is playing older games, they honestly look really last gen after playing CP2077. It's not even the obvious RT parts, just the general lighting and colour control in CP is really well done.

Destiny 2's lighting in half the areas just looks really fake now. They made changes to make the game engine render the new content well, but it's made the old areas just look awful.

Dying Light, about half way through this. It's an older game but again it just looks sooo bad and last gen now.

Installing GTA5 to have a play around and see how the driving and npc interactions compare to CP.

Last edited:
Dying Light, about half way through this. It's an older game but again it just looks sooo bad and last gen now.
Don't let that get in the way as that is a great game. They are really taking their time with Dying Light 2, hopefully we get that sometime this year, I have it on pre-order :D

I have quite a few games to play in the meantime anyway. Going to complete Kingdom Come Deliverance which I was at least halfway before Cyberpunk 2077 came out. After that I will finally get to play Red Dead Redemption 2 :D

Here are some of my shots. I found some look much better than others. Which is the case with the whole game. Some areas graphically look much better than others.

photomode-22122020-135244.png

photomode-29122020-141121.png

photomode-29122020-141303.png

photomode-29122020-141453.png

photomode-29122020-141748.png

photomode-29122020-142206.png

photomode-29122020-142356.png

photomode-29122020-142535.png

photomode-29122020-170832.png

photomode-30122020-114909.png

photomode-30122020-115009.png

photomode-31122020-103334.png

photomode-31122020-121049.png

photomode-31122020-121219.png

photomode-31122020-142546.png

photomode-31122020-142903.png

photomode-31122020-143610.png

photomode-31122020-145135.png

photomode-31122020-145513.png

Nice shots @TNA and I am still playing. Most side missions are completed and I need a few squid now to get all the cars but really enjoying it. I have also made a new Female corpo char and will do another playthrough to see what being a female is like (those who know, know) :D

Really does look good and far better than raster reflections.
Of course it does because the raster reflections are abysmal. You're comparing 2020 RT with gimped 2013 raster where the non RT images are so gimped it's impossible
not to love the 'RT' images in comparison. A 12 year old would understand how and why this is being done as it showcases the amazing image quality of Nvidia's RT Ultra CP2077 rendering (sort of ;):rolleyes:).

Of course it does because the raster reflections are abysmal. You're comparing 2020 RT with gimped 2013 raster where the non RT images are so gimped it's impossible
not to love the 'RT' images in comparison. A 12 year old would understand how and why this is being done as it showcases the amazing image quality of Nvidia's RT Ultra CP2077 rendering (sort of ;):rolleyes:).
Yup exactly.

Sadly unless the big youtubers and co do a video talking about this (which wont happen given most of them are in nvidias back pocket.... didn't a youtuber come out saying he was paid £1k to do a video on minecraft RTX?), no notice will be taken.

Been playing RDR 2 and it's reflections are stunning! Also been playing GTA 5 which is a bit dated now but still, the reflections look better than what we see with cyberpunk :o

Yup exactly.

Sadly unless the big youtubers and co do a video talking about this (which wont happen given most of them are in nvidias back pocket.... didn't a youtuber come out saying he was paid £1k to do a video on minecraft RTX?), no notice will be taken.

Been playing RDR 2 and it's reflections are stunning! Also been playing GTA 5 which is a bit dated now but still, the reflections look better than what we see with cyberpunk :o

Post some pics as I find the lighting is very flat in games, include reflections where possible.

Post some pics as I find the lighting is very flat in games, include reflections where possible.

There's not really any need to as there is plenty of material out there for you to google now given the age of the games but just a quick one from a quick google e.g. this is vastly better than the one posted above......

mMwvixB.png

Also, some have already posted rdr 2 quite a few times before too, not to mention, many other games, such as alien isolation, shadow of the tomb raider, batman arkham knight etc. etc.

Again, people aren't saying that ray tracing isn't good, there's no denying that it is better and the way forward (when implemented properly), when we have the hardware capable of running it without the need for DLSS etc. to make the performance "acceptable".

What people are stating is simply that the reflections etc. have either been made to look worse on purpose in order to make RTX stand out even more (not exactly far fetched given it's a nvidia sponsored game) or/and there's a serious flaw, which is making the default SSR worse than what it really should be, or the developers thought, "meh, we got RTX, lets not bother spending much time on the default SSR"...... take your pick....

Unfortunately you are not going to convince the RT fans here. Without RT CP2077 looks very average and in many places has regressed from what has been done previoulsy. Water and Screenspace reflections really do look poor and I believe it is to make RT look better. The same thing happens with Watchdog Legions where screen space reflections without RT tend to take on a blocky low res look. Though WDL still at leat does a decent go at making water look realistic withought RT.

RT done well can bring an extra level of complexity and realism that standard screen space reflections cannot do. But implementing RT does not make it OK to have standard non-RT effects degrade to a level well below what is acceptable. When you see yours and other peoples reflections in a glass/reflective surface, then you can see where RT is genuinely next level. The problems arise when you turn RT off and the reflections go back to a level way below acceptable.

The screenshots of CP2007 aboce showing RT on/off show how good RT can look, but those standard screen space reflections are well below what is possible.

Last edited:
Indeed, bit like a broken record now!

Lets just hope the modding scene can work wonders on the games downfalls like what has and still is being done for gta 5!

I'm holding out for HDR to be fixed and perf. to be improved a bit along with a few bug fixes before doing another play through.

Nice shots @TNA and I am still playing. Most side missions are completed and I need a few squid now to get all the cars but really enjoying it. I have also made a new Female corpo char and will do another playthrough to see what being a female is like (those who know, know) :D
Heh. I remember you being way ahead of me at one point. Seems I catched up and passed you. I have done all the endings too now. So apart from trying to do the few achievements left on steam and just exploring and taking in the visuals some more, nothing left.

If you have invested into crafting, getting cash to buy all the vehicles is easy peasy :)

Just to add to this, someone over on reddit decided to plot the average 1440p results on a per game basis. Ignore the blue line. Depending on what games you cherry pick you can form any conclusion you want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kog7z2/6800_xt_vs_3080_game_age_scatterplot_17_sources/

Wwj2TDb.png

I find that intriguing from a statistical perspective. The line of best fit/regression is meaningless; there's no trend. But you do see a likely statistically significant difference of means between 1000 to 500 day old games and under 500 day old games. Overall Nvidia is ahead a bit.

There's also a lot more scatter on the newest games, which probably reflects the time needed to optimise performance.

Indeed, bit like a broken record now!

Lets just hope the modding scene can work wonders on the games downfalls like what has and still is being done for gta 5!

I'm holding out for HDR to be fixed and perf. to be improved a bit along with a few bug fixes before doing another play through.

yeah looks good, will check it out tonight. Vanilla GTA 5 looks very last gen now, flat lighting, low detail etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvLWjM7Bk90

Heh. I remember you being way ahead of me at one point. Seems I catched up and passed you. I have done all the endings too now. So apart from trying to do the few achievements left on steam and just exploring and taking in the visuals some more, nothing left.

If you have invested into crafting, getting cash to buy all the vehicles is easy peasy :)
Good point on crafting. I have done 2 endings but a few more to go I believe.

Back
Top Bottom