• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Reminds me so much of all manufacturers websites where they show the main advantages of, particularly around monitors i.e.

OVA8E1X.png

:D

How on earth do people stand that full hd image!??!?! :p

That video just seems to show some really average (or crap looking) scenes then wave a wand over them and make them look less crap.

Not being a douche but most of it looks worse than RDR2.

I agree. I've been playing RDR2 for the last 2 days and imo it's an amazing game. The attention to detail and beautiful graphics make it stand way above Cyberjumk. People seem to be easily pleased with neon lights and relections at night but in the day the game is rather dull looking.

I agree. I've been playing RDR2 for the last 2 days and imo it's an amazing game. The attention to detail and beautiful graphics make it stand way above Cyberjumk. People seem to be easily pleased with neon lights and relections at night but in the day the game is rather dull looking.
Just set it up RDR2 on steam myself. Whacked everything to maximum and run the benchmark and it is rock solid 60fps at 4K :D

Will start it as soon as I finish Kingdom Come Deliverance which was left half done due to Cyberpunk coming out.

I'll need to go back to RDR2. I enjoyed the opening with the snow, but after that it just felt like another cardboard cutout world. If you look back my initial screen shots were during the day in an attempt to show how the RT Psycho setting got rid of that cardboard cutout feeling. You really need to play it with RT maxed out IMO as the screen shots/videos don't do it justice.

Just out of interest wrinkly, you playing on an oled screen?

If not you're missing out here and regardless of ray tracing etc. Ultimately games will always look "cardboard" like on **** LCD screens.

The difference oled makes is massive to having games look less flat. Throw in hdr and you're talking about ps 3 quality Vs ps 5 next gen differences. I always describe oled like you're looking out the window. Sadly this is something you really do need to see with your own eyes as the oled advantages can't be seen on LCD screens.

AMD owners play this on your PC it'll be the closest you'll come to an RT experience in CP2077 :p

Sexy!

If not you're missing out here and regardless of ray tracing etc. Ultimately games will always look "cardboard" like on **** LCD screens.

The difference oled makes is massive to having games look less flat. Throw in hdr and you're talking about ps 3 quality Vs ps 5 next gen differences. I always describe oled like you're looking out the window. Sadly this is something you really do need to see with your own eyes as the oled advantages can't be seen on LCD screens.

+1. Switching to OLED had a significant difference on image quality and immersion

Edit. Ignore.

Was thinking of another train of conversation

Which is very different point to it not real time RT, you have gone from a objective argument to a subjective one. I never said it was realistic or if I liked the look or not I was just correcting a falsehood.

"Huge waste or resources" again subjective (people said pixel shaders where a waste as well in the earlier days), The alterative to RT reflections is SSR which has limitations due to them being scree space only and can cost almost as much and RT reflections on the high end in terms of performance, cubemaps which are well are rubbish in 2020 and require a lot of manual work to setup and to look "ok", you could go hardcore and do render to texture on all reflective surfaces which will tank performance even more than SSR or RT after a couple of surfaces

RT is like rasterization just a way of rendering not a art style, you don't like how Remedy has used it which is fine.

Look here you can create the same room in Control ( and the whole game geometry) using like 10% of the resources.
This technique will not allow dynamic reflections. But you can generate them using another technique and combine them with this one.

You been logging the VRAM use in your gaming travels?
Yes. Most no way near 10gb. Only seen a couple go over 9gb one being Cyberpunk. Even a graphically awesome game like RDR2 does not use much from what I can see.

We already know not one game needs over 10gb to date anyway. Trust me, there are a few users out there waiting for the day so they can post in the 10gb is not enough thread. Lol.

But when you turn RT off, it doesn't need to be so poor

I think so too.

Depends if you have the performance budget for a better more expensive and better quality type of raster reflections. Here's a solution, why don't you use the RT reflections (more expensive and better quality type of reflection) or did you ignore the emperor's new clothes effects. You know after watching a youtube video from someone like Not an Apple Fan. You cant see the RT in Cyberpunk 2077 crowd. So got an AMD card for faster raster. Then scream why are the raster reflections so crap, its because they are raster reflections. You are not going to do a big raster screen space ray tracing like RLR type reflection if you have RT reflections available and waiting in the wings.

Graph 1: O wait maybe not faster raster after all and lower RT performance. Maybe should have got a Nvidia card and that way raster reflections would not be a problem. Just turn on RT reflections. But I got a 1660/5700xt because the emperor's new clothes effects are not worth it. Always with the buyers remorse.

Then log into overclockers.co.uk forums to complain to nvidia card uses in the cyberpunk thread why your raster graphics have poor reflections. In a game enabled with RT reflecations, why are the RT reflections that good you cry. I mean, how silly can you get, they were always that good. Why are raster reflections crap but they have always been that way. Sounds like extreme buyers remorse to me. Got a AMD card found out the raster was not the only important feature.

RT+DLSS are nice features after all but every game has got to give me RT like reflections in raster. Some games did it like x and y and z. Why not cyberpunk 2077?

I mean how dense is this going to get? Sounds like extreme buyers remorse.

Last edited:
We already know not one game needs over 10gb to date anyway.

Not exactly. X-Plane 11 in Vulkan mode at 4K with photo scenery and a couple of command line arguments to load mesh data etc into VRAM (helps to counter some stuttering when looking around), it'll use about 18GB of VRAM on its own and 20GB VRAM use overall. (Though further improvements to their Vulkan engine may still improve this in the future and reduce the VRAM requirements).

So yeah, I have actually found a use for having this much VRAM. It's still a card with a terrible value for money ratio though.

Cyberpunk 2077 is designed to use RT reflections. Just like Control. Other games without access to RT can use other methods. Himan 2 reflections are very expensive, not all games will spend there performance budget that way. Not all games are going to re-render the scene from different angles.

The method used is very important because its the performance cost of the method that is important. Games have frame time budgets for performance. You need to be able to hit 60fps on the most common gpu hardware.
Depends if you have the performance budget for a better more expensive and better quality type of raster reflections. Here's a solution, why don't you use the RT reflections (more expensive and better quality type of reflection) or did you ignore the emperor's new clothes effects. You know after watching a youtube video from someone like Not an Apple Fan. You cant see the RT in Cyberpunk 2077 crowd. So got an AMD card for faster raster. Then scream why are the raster reflections so crap because they are raster reflections. You are not going to do a big raster screen space ray tracing like RLR reflection if you have RT reflections available and waiting in the wings.
So you think CP is not a game? Because it looks like it can't hit 60 FPS on the most common gpu hardware. What is it then? Nvidia 3000 series marketing material? A benchmark uglier than Neon Noir?

Back
Top Bottom