*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Why are reviews and benchmarks being done of a pre release not patched game? That is just ridiculous especially if performance, bugs and FPS will all be improved upon release, hopefully !!

Why are reviews and benchmarks being done of a pre release not patched game? That is just ridiculous especially if performance, bugs and FPS will all be improved upon release, hopefully !!

Impatience, that's why. And it gets clicks. It's why this thread has turned into a bit of a mess, same goes for pretty much all online forums (Steam, reddit etc), anything to do with Cyberpunk right now is just a complete mess. I'd honestly go watch a new TV series for a few days and come back upon game release as no doubt, it will be a totally different story by then.

Impatience, that's why. And it gets clicks. It's why this thread has turned into a bit of a mess, same goes for pretty much all online forums (Steam, reddit etc), anything to do with Cyberpunk right now is just a complete mess. I'd honestly go watch a new TV series for a few days and come back upon game release as no doubt, it will be a totally different story by then.
Honestly I'm only here and getting sucked into stuff surrounding the game because I'm at work
If I was home I'd be distracting myself finishing off Like a Dragon or playing Ni no Kuni 2

How else are they supposed to do it? Most reputable reviewers complete the main story and the side quests, which takes weeks in a game the size of Cyberpunk 2077. If they waited until release date and a possible day one patch then by the time their review came out people wouldn't even care.

They can be first with an "exclusive" on the pre release to get clicks then once its out they can do another two hour video and tell you about whats fixed etc. Why do one vid when you can do two ? Twice the viewers.

They can be first with an "exclusive" on the pre release to get clicks then once its out they can do another two hour video and tell you about whats fixed etc. Why do one vid when you can do two ? Twice the viewers.
Part of what I disliked about PC Gamer's review, drivel about capitalism and representation of ethnic minorities and trans people aside, was that they stated they received the first major patch maybe halfway through the review period yet I didn't see any mention of how much this improved things or any clarification as to whether issues they came across occurred prior to or after the patch
They also conflated day 0 patch with day 1 patch because they clearly don't understand what "this is what players will experience at launch" means. Now we have people parroting them saying there's only one large patch

Last edited:
And also the same reason why most of them give it a 10/10 glowing review... None of the big critic sites want to be seen to going against the status quo and derailing the hype train... They need to give the people what they want

I've never seen so many people spouting off like "WOW, ONLY 9/10? AWFUL" before

Reverse snobbery for you. I don’t give a monkey’s about reviews. It’s rare I read a review before playing a game (same for watching films). I don’t need them to form an opinion but will read afterwards to see if they interpreted it differently or I missed anything.

I think a lot of people are going to get tonnes more value playing the GOTY version with all expansions in 6 months time. You MIGHT even get your graphics cards by then too. Seems really underwhelming as a launch package, best avoided.

Back
Top Bottom