*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
IGN said the same. Seems 'main story' can be completed pretty quickly, but the more 'side missions' you do open up options on how the ending pans out. No idea what that really means having not played the game, but I'm imagining something like Mass Effect 2 where the side missions are actually important to your crews survival in the end game.

Pretty much exactly that yep, the fact that many reviewers have been rushing to get their reviews out for those view stats is a bit of a shame and even one reviewer commented in hindsight after completing the story within 30 hours and looked at the game stats seeing he'd barely even touched half the side story capabilities and warned readers on avoiding doing what he did.

Soldato
I think allowing reviewers to test a build which is weeks, if not potentially three months old depending on patching was going to give reviewers ammunition due to the bugs. The real day 0 patch will likely resolve the majority of those bugs. A strange decision by CDPR imo but I guess they wanted reviews out there before launch.

I guess it's a tricky one, if you embargo reviews until launch day then people get suspicious, plus they also have to use pre release code anyway if they want to get their review out at launch, and few will delay them to play again after launch.

Soldato
Stopped paying attention to mainstream review sites years ago, they all have their own agendas. My person preference is metacritic and steam for user reviews.

I'd rather base my choices on 5000 amateur user reviews than 10 experts, but then there are certain franchises that I will buy anyway as I have faith in their developers CDPR is one of them.

Caporegime
Hearing combat is poor doesnt surprise me one bit, the witchers 3 suffered the same issue.

And I am one of the (probably) few that don't mind if that is the case. Bioshock Infinite had clunky as hell combat, but is still one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played due to setting and story, hopefully it will be similar for me with Cyberpunk.

Soldato
And I am one of the (probably) few that don't mind if that is the case. Bioshock Infinite had clunky as hell combat, but is still one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played due to setting and story, hopefully it will be similar for me with Cyberpunk.

You're not mate, people were expecting Call of Duty level gun play, most, if not all reviews (technically previews) stated the gunplay is good, not CSGO, but good. And for me, this is a RPG, an adaptation of a tabletop RPG... Gunplay is 3rd in my priority of things.

I need RPG elements, story, gameplay (this is where shooty shoots comes in).

People are just being idiots when taking early previews as gospel of how the game is. It's not to everyones taste and I like that, it shouldn't cater to everyone, if it did, it would be a total fail and boring.

Soldato
Yes I just read this......what the hell are they patching that is 50+ gigs?

It'll be to do with how the game engine 'packages' its' files. If they update something, it'll mean that file becomes a new file, so seeing as they're patching lots of things pre-release, most of the files will need to be replaced.

Sad for those on lousy net connections, but developers don't really care about those peasants. (I'm a peasant)

Soldato
Race and gender not being tackled in the story telling which was half negative but half positive because they were worried it would be a disaster.
Why is race and gender even a concern in computer GAMES? It just boggles the brain how try hard this new breed of so called "journalists" are...

Associate
The dystopian cyberpunk future kind of thing is absolutely my favourite genre as well, big Deus Ex fan too, really enjoyed Witcher 3, certainly have reasonable hopes/expectations for this game. But I've also been playing games long enough to know that until a game has released and had a bit of time in people's hands you can't say anything about how good of a game it truly is, you can't trust games media, you can't trust "leaks" and rumour, and time and time again very promising games on paper and previews have turned out to be highly disappointing. I agree with you, a GOTY edition of this with all DLC for £12 in a couple of years time and with all the issues ironed out by the initial testers players will likely be a pretty decent-to-good game

Absolutely this. I see all this waffling, wobbling and mild trolling as good-natured nervous excitement. This game means a lot to a lot of people! Not long to go now...

Associate
It'll be to do with how the game engine 'packages' its' files. If they update something, it'll mean that file becomes a new file, so seeing as they're patching lots of things pre-release, most of the files will need to be replaced.

Sad for those on lousy net connections, but developers don't really care about those peasants. (I'm a peasant)

It'll be interesting to see if the current asset files unencrypt and decompress into individual assets on release day, or stay as big "BLOB" like objects. If they stay compressed, then every major patch will probably be large.

Question around DLSS- I bought a 2080 Super back in the Old World days in readiness for the original release date (yeah, I know). And weirdly, haven't done a lot of AAA 3D gaming since then. I'm on a 1440 ultrawide for gaming, want RTX, and am tolerant of low frame rates, so don't care if it doesn't run at 60fps, but will still need DLSS. How does DLSS work? Will I need to do something outside of Cyberpunk to enable it, or will it simply be managed within the game itself? TIA.

Pij

Pij

Associate
Its just an option in games that support it like how you change all the other settings, and you choose performance/quality etc

Caporegime
OP
How does DLSS work? Will I need to do something outside of Cyberpunk to enable it, or will it simply be managed within the game itself? TIA.

DLSS (an acronym for Deep Learning Super Sampling) is a Nvidia RTX feature that uses artificial intelligence to push a game’s frame performance higher when your GPU is struggling with intensive workloads.

When using DLSS, your GPU is effectively generating an image at a lower resolution, with DLSS adding additional pixels to upscale the picture to your desired high-resolution picture quality. As any seasoned PC gamer knows, tasking a GPU with a lower resolution results in a significant frame rate boost, so you’re getting the best of both worlds – high frame rates and high resolution – with DLSS.

- Most people I know use Balanced Mode DLSS in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, with a huge boost in frame rates. I use DLSS Balanced, and with added Sharpen mode 70% via Geforce Experience, it's like a new game!

Man of Honour
IGN said the same. Seems 'main story' can be completed pretty quickly, but the more 'side missions' you do open up options on how the ending pans out. No idea what that really means having not played the game, but I'm imagining something like Mass Effect 2 where the side missions are actually important to your crews survival in the end game.

Thats one of the things which has surprised me out of whats been said in reviews, for some reason I had a figure of 175 hours for the main campaign in my head, so was surprised to see reviews in agreement that the main campaign was completed in between 30 and 40 hours. Much shorter than I had envisaged.

Soldato
We have know about the patch for a few days now but I am a bit worried for those who have just enough space for the game on their HD. When the patch drops, it is going to be downloaded and allocated more space. For some, this might mean they have to bail and hope the game is fully packaged as a new download. ARK is by far the worst for this in my experience and when I had a smaller SSD it was easier to just download the game from scratch. So I hope those with smaller SSD's do not get shafted by the "required space 70GB"

Back
Top Bottom