*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
It was only one IGN guy that said he played 151 hours and didn't even scratch the game, makes you wonder how much bs he was peddling? :D

A very large amount by the sounds of it. Either that or he is someone who is inordinately enchanted with just driving about running people over and spent 151 hours just doing that :)

Soldato
We have know about the patch for a few days now but I am a bit worried for those who have just enough space for the game on their HD. When the patch drops, it is going to be downloaded and allocated more space. For some, this might mean they have to bail and hope the game is fully packaged as a new download. ARK is by far the worst for this in my experience and when I had a smaller SSD it was easier to just download the game from scratch. So I hope those with smaller SSD's do not get shafted by the "required space 70GB"

I really don't want to be that guy, but in 2020, if people are struggling for 100gig of space on their PC, they really are upgrading the wrong components... You can get a 6TB mechanical HDD for just over 100 quid, brand new.

Man of Honour
16ac583ae876e1058d880880e30fb9ef.jpg

Associate
Heh, gotta love progress. 1Tb SSDs now sub £100 and at a fraction of the size. While falling asleep last night I was thinking about my original CRT monitor and my now 55" gaming 4K QLED TV. What a time to be alive.

That CRT probably had higher refresh rate than your 55" :p

I cannot game at less that 144hz these days.

Soldato
I really don't want to be that guy, but in 2020, if people are struggling for 100gig of space on their PC, they really are upgrading the wrong components... You can get a 6TB mechanical HDD for just over 100 quid, brand new.

I think most people will want it on their SSD's There is one person on here who may not have enough room. I know that SSD prices have fallen through the floor and it might be a good idea to upgrade their boot drive. However, I only had a 250 Evo at one point and when updating ARK, I just deleted and downloaded the whole thing again as I would have run out of space with my other games.

In the early days of my careers, we used Winchester disks that cost an absolute fortune and were absolutely massive.

Associate
In the early days of my careers, we used Winchester disks that cost an absolute fortune and were absolutely massive.

Yep! I once worked for a company that provided a mainframe service. The mainframe room was like the maze section in Doom E2M1 :D

I was the talk of the town... well, of computer club anyway... when I acquired a 1Gb hard drive from an IBM (RS/6000 I think) and installed it in my PC. Must have been twice the size of an ATX PSU. Had to use a custom BIOS to give the drive enough time to spin up at boot!

Associate
Its just an option in games that support it like how you change all the other settings, and you choose performance/quality etc

- Most people I know use Balanced Mode DLSS in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, with a huge boost in frame rates. I use DLSS Balanced, and with added Sharpen mode 70% via Geforce Experience, it's like a new game!

Thanks folks, looking forward to trying that.

Soldato
I think most people will want it on their SSD's There is one person on here who may not have enough room. I know that SSD prices have fallen through the floor and it might be a good idea to upgrade their boot drive. However, I only had a 250 Evo at one point and when updating ARK, I just deleted and downloaded the whole thing again as I would have run out of space with my other games.

Aye, I personally don't have much storage space, I've got a 900gb partition on my m.2 drive for games (100gb for OS), 2TB SSD and a 500GB SSD, I sorely need to update my 500gb one soon.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Correct, 1200 Thursday 10th in the UK, so midnight on Wednesday night. 0100 CET on Thursday, so it's gonna be a late night for me!

Yeah I'll just have an hour tops just to dip my toe in.

Next thing I know it will be 4am and I have work the next day lol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Listened to Waypoint podcast this morning. Considering they have been bashing CD Projekt Red for over a year due to working conditions / Crunch culture and then slamming them as trans-phobic etc. Surprisingly positive review from Rob Zacny.

Most of the complaints are really down to the source material being a little dated now. Due to technology in real life kind of overtaking some of the future predictions from the 80s. Race and gender not being tackled in the story telling which was half negative but half positive because they were worried it would be a disaster.

Game play was good especially if you increase the difficulty so that you have to think on your feet quickly. Also mentioned the game looks terrible if you leave all the settings that I would say the majority of us turn off straight away anyway:

• Film Grain
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Depth of field
  • Motion Blur
Yep. Those are being turned off for sure. Some like them, others just think I want maximum and end up making things look worse without realising, not to mention worse performance :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I guess that is good for old games, but going forward one will want a Nvme SSD. I have an 280GB Optane for OS and Cyberpunk. Then my 1TB Samsun 970 Evo NVMe for other games. Works out plenty for me personally. Not had a internal HDD in about a decade now probably. HDD is only in externals for me :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It'll be to do with how the game engine 'packages' its' files. If they update something, it'll mean that file becomes a new file, so seeing as they're patching lots of things pre-release, most of the files will need to be replaced.

Sad for those on lousy net connections, but developers don't really care about those peasants. (I'm a peasant)

I will email you some bandwidths!

Back
Top Bottom